Plus-Sized

Corset dress, spanx...what if I have to pee??

I am having a bit of a freak out worried about how I am going to go to the bathroom in my dress! It isn't in yet, but when I tried it on I used the bridal shops corset bra thing and I had on a pair of spandex running shorts. I was hoping to wear full spanx from tigh to bra and a strapless bra, but I am worried how I will go to the bathroom. Since the spanx will be so hugh and I will be "sewn" into the corset, how will I pull them down?? I obviously have no experience in this!
Here is a pic of my dress, and no i cant figure out how to make it upright haha

Re: Corset dress, spanx...what if I have to pee??

• How did your spandex shorts hold up? If ok cant you us those instead of the high ones? With the other ones it seems in possible to go to the bathroom. Id rethink your choice so your not uncomfortable all night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have no idea how you would get it to work but your dress is AMAZING!!!!

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• Have you bought the Spanx yet?  My SIL wore a bra-to-thigh Spanx like that at they could be umm... opened at the crotch.  Maybe see about getting some like that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_corset-dress-spanxwhat-if-i-have-to-pee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:effe17b4-5470-4e3f-af55-9e6e06ae21b1Post:4cf322c9-cb6f-45e6-b2fe-4c3032421d3b">Corset dress, spanx...what if I have to pee??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having a bit of a freak out worried about how I am going to go to the bathroom in my dress! It isn't in yet, but when I tried it on I used the bridal shops corset bra thing and I had on a pair of spandex running shorts. I was hoping to wear full spanx from tigh to bra and a strapless bra, but I am worried how I will go to the bathroom. Since the spanx will be so hugh and I will be "sewn" into the corset, how will I pull them down?? I obviously have no experience in this! Here is a pic of my dress, and no i cant figure out how to make it upright haha  
    Posted by wagillespie[/QUOTE]

So, spanx does have a pee opening, but it takes practice to learn how to do it without ending up with a puddle in your spanx.  Trust me, I've tried.  You sort of have to lean forward, and make sure you are directly over the opening and sort of pull it apart.  I've managed to get pretty skilled doing this, because I wear spanx quite often. But, you don't want to end up with a puddle of pee in your spanx under your wedding dress.

So, if you want to try to use the potty hole, get a pair of spanx, and test it. If you pee on yourself, throw them in the wash machine, take a quick shower, and try it again until you have it mastered.

If you plan on having your corset tight enough that you literally cannot move it up and down, that is really your only option, other than having someone come to the bathroom with you and tie your corset each time you use the bathroom.

I wore control top pantyhose and a longline bra, but during my fittings, I wore a strapless bra and spanx, and the dress does slide up & down better over spanx than it does over your skin.  try it when you go to your first fitting.  You will probably need help in the bathroom, because someone has to hold your dress up over your head, but after, you should be able to just pull it back down and adjust here & there to get it back where it was supposed to be.  (that doesn't really work with mermaid gowns as well, but with A-Lines or dropped waists, you should be ok.

Good luck!
  • Such a cool dress! And I think your bridesmaids are supposed to help you out with the whole restroom issue.
  • The pee-hole is great...but I poo...don't you?  (this sounds like a children's book!)

I'd just want to have a plan to be able to remove them all together.  I'd get spanx bottoms so you can pull them all the way down (or off)...

The link below is rather helpful.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_corset-dress-spanxwhat-if-i-have-to-pee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:effe17b4-5470-4e3f-af55-9e6e06ae21b1Post:9013fabe-83d8-46be-9d0c-b9071fe43618">Re: Corset dress, spanx...what if I have to pee??</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>The pee-hole is great...but I poo...don't you</strong>?  (this sounds like a children's book!) I'd just want to have a plan to be able to remove them all together.  I'd get spanx bottoms so you can pull them all the way down (or off)... The link below is rather helpful. <a href="http://style-by-design.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-pee-in-your-wedding-dressyes-i.html" rel="nofollow">http://style-by-design.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-pee-in-your-wedding-dressyes-i.html</a>
    Posted by mlg78[/QUOTE]

this is awesome!   I honestly never thought about pooing. I guess I assumed I would hold it until I got back to the hotel if needed!
  • Omg, this thread is amazing. What about the spanx slip? Not sure if they hold as we'll as regular spanx, but I imagine they make it a lot easier to pee (and poo)! Here's an example of what I'm referring to: http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10912928&cp=2992553.3015049&view=all&parentPage=family
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I tried the slip... it wasn't a good fit for me. It didn't have as much control in my belly region... and it kept riding up over my bootie !
  • My thunder thighs chaffe so I have to wear the shorts, not the slip.  I'm glad everyone is enjoying my talk of poo.  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_corset-dress-spanxwhat-if-i-have-to-pee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:effe17b4-5470-4e3f-af55-9e6e06ae21b1Post:c7b104bf-9a54-44c5-abaa-07970277dd8d">Re: Corset dress, spanx...what if I have to pee??</a>:
    [QUOTE]My thunder thighs chaffe so I have to wear the shorts, not the slip.  I'm glad everyone is enjoying my talk of poo.  :)
    Posted by mlg78[/QUOTE]

this is probably one of the funniest threads on the Plus Size board.
  • ahahahhaha bless you for bringing up poo. do brides not poo? i'm wearing a control top spanky thing, but it just goes up enough to cover my underboob bulge. I figure I can pull it down like panties and pull the dress up over my head/hold it by the train if I need to? loving this thread lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ideeli.com is having a Dr. Rey Shapewear Sample Sale.  They have some pieces in sizes 1x-3x AND... Some of the items even have "Adjustable hook-and-eye crotch closures."
  • I'm probably the only anti Spanx plus size woman there is. Okay, I think Spanx serve their purpose under a clingy dress, but I think you would just be fine with the corset and regular panties. The bottom of your skirt is full enough where it seems like it would be forgiving in the hip/thigh/butt area. So unless you are wearing the shorts kind to avoid chafing, if it were me, I'd just go without.

I don't know, for me, I feel like corsets give me a nice curve enhancing smoothing effect, where Spanx just flatten out my shape and make me feel like a freakin' sausage.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You girls crack me up!! I am glad someone mentioned the poo! I mean seriously why has no one ever mentioned that?? It happen right? LOL

My dress should be in soon and I am thinking maybe a long line bra and biker shorts may be the way to go. I dont really need the spanx for shape I guess, more to prevent chafing and hold my under belly in.
      I wonder if trying to take something like an Immodium AD would help with the poo problem!!

The dress I tried on, and the dress in the picture is a size 18 and they ordered me a 26, so I am not usre how the "real" dress will fit me. Hopefully I will have enough time to figure it out!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_corset-dress-spanxwhat-if-i-have-to-pee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:effe17b4-5470-4e3f-af55-9e6e06ae21b1Post:bbb61cac-e10b-4368-b1ac-b1526e091fb7">Re: Corset dress, spanx...what if I have to pee??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have no idea how you would get it to work but your dress is AMAZING!!!!
    Posted by nikegrl688[/QUOTE]

Aw thanks!! I really love it!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re:Corset dress, spanx...what if I have to pee??:I'm probably the only anti Spanx plus size woman there is. Okay, I think Spanx serve their purpose under a clingy dress, but I think you would just be fine with the corset and regular panties. The bottom of your skirt is full enough where it seems like it would be forgiving in the hip/thigh/butt area. So unless you are wearing the shorts kind to avoid chafing, if it were me, I'd just go without. I don't know, for me, I feel like corsets give me a nice curve enhancing smoothing effect, where Spanx just flatten out my shape and make me feel like a freakin' sausage. Posted by Barbiiieee[/QUOTE Hahaha! I don't like spanx either. I always feel like I am adjusting them. My dress is like your and it hides all my problem areas. I am wearing spandex short to avoid the dreaded chaffe. But they can be pulled off.
  • They also make anti chafing balms you can buy at the drug store or Wal Mart. I sometimes use a brand I think called Glide or something? Its in a little deodorant like stick and you just apply to areas prone to chafing. I'd feel like shorts of any kind were just too bulky under a wedding gown.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second not wearing spanx at all.  Your dress looks very full on the bottom I sincerly doubt you'd be able to tell the difference in a photo between longline bra/spanx/dress and just longline bra/dress.  If you're wearing the spanx for chaffe protection just do shorts like PP suggested.

Also - in most dresses you can probably go to the bathroom by yourself.  Just pick up the front and straddle the toilet backwards.  Honestly, sincerely.  You'll feel a little silly but it's better than making your BFF help you go to the bathroom.

ETA - just re-read that you're thinking strapless bra; am I correct in assuming that's a normal strapless instead of the longline?  I'd either go for the longline or (since it sounds like it's a corset dress) see if you even need the bra.  A corset dress would quite possibly hold everything in nice and snug.  I feel like a regular strapless never gives me any support....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_corset-dress-spanxwhat-if-i-have-to-pee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:effe17b4-5470-4e3f-af55-9e6e06ae21b1Post:4caf1acc-5ce9-48e8-913c-ca6e9f0f5a4c">Re: Corset dress, spanx...what if I have to pee??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I second not wearing spanx at all.  Your dress looks very full on the bottom I sincerly doubt you'd be able to tell the difference in a photo between longline bra/spanx/dress and just longline bra/dress.  If you're wearing the spanx for chaffe protection just do shorts like PP suggested. Also - in most dresses you can probably go to the bathroom by yourself.  Just pick up the front and straddle the toilet backwards.  Honestly, sincerely.  You'll feel a little silly but it's better than making your BFF help you go to the bathroom. ETA - just re-read that you're thinking strapless bra; am I correct in assuming that's a normal strapless instead of the longline?  I'd either go for the longline or (since it sounds like it's a corset dress) see if you even need the bra.  A corset dress would quite possibly hold everything in nice and snug.  I feel like a regular strapless never gives me any support....
    Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]

This has absolutely nothing to do with your response, but your puppy is the cutest little thing ever!!  :]
  • Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_corset-dress-spanxwhat-if-i-have-to-pee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:effe17b4-5470-4e3f-af55-9e6e06ae21b1Post:1eb37b00-eb4c-464a-8f1a-b46741c220f2">Re: Corset dress, spanx...what if I have to pee??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Corset dress, spanx...what if I have to pee?? : This has absolutely nothing to do with your response, but your puppy is the cutest little thing ever!!  :]
    Posted by TeeJay830[/QUOTE]

aww thanks :-)  I think so too but I'm probably biased, haha!
  • LOL!!!  I'm glad I'm not the only one completely worried about the whole pee/poo thing on my wedding day.  I'm terrified.  I have stomach issues and my fiance is convinced I should eat a lot of cheese leading up to the wedding to clog me up.  All I need is a case of nervous diaherria in an ivory satin gown.  

Currently the under attire is just a a set of the Spanx-like girdle shorts that go up to beneath the boobs.  When I have to go to the bathroom I'm going to try the plan suggested on my local board where you pull up wedding dress but sit on the toilet backwards.  My issue is that I'll have to remove said Spanx on one leg to get my legs to spread far enough to straddle the toilet.  

But all my plans are moot if I poop myself in the process.  :-(  
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • if it's a corset, you don't need spanx.  It's the only reason i'm happy to have a corset style dress.  Also, it's not tight through the hips.  There's no need for the running shorts spanx things.  Trust me!  Try it on commando and see what happens.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

•   But all my plans are moot if I poop myself in the process.  :-(  
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

I almost died laughing reading this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• If you are worried about chafing (and also boob sweat) get some silky sheets. Its a spray on that works like a powder. Its made by athena. Its marketed for another reason, but it works well as a powder with no residue on feet, boobs, thighs...etc
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_corset-dress-spanxwhat-if-i-have-to-pee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:effe17b4-5470-4e3f-af55-9e6e06ae21b1Post:b859566f-dcea-4fb7-b0f5-877774b112c7">Re: Corset dress, spanx...what if I have to pee??</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are worried about chafing (and also boob sweat) get some silky sheets. Its a spray on that works like a powder. Its made by athena. Its marketed for another reason, but it works well as a powder with no residue on feet, boobs, thighs...etc
    Posted by jennyd412[/QUOTE]

Pure Romance makes something similar called Between The Sheets.  It does work.  I used to spray it in my shoes too for foot sweat. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My dress is a corset construction top, lace-up back, multiple steel boning....so I am not removing it until the end of the night (unless I have assistance and decide to get a Reception dress, but this may not happen, not sure yet)....the bottom is a full ballroom style skirt with a long train and under that a very big petticoat with 5 hoops....

So.

I am not wearing anything but a garter belt and thigh highs under that because....

a. I do not want to do anything (note the gentle omission of p and p terms) on myself, my shoes, my petticoat, the floor, the toilet seat

b. I do not want to have to have help in the bathroom

c. I do not want any more layers of fabric as this will already be HOT as HELL to wear

d. I generally do go commando so I'm more comfortable this way, and yes, even in a skirt

I figure between the corset top and the full bottom, I don't need anything to streamline my form
  • image Here is my wedding photos,we are happiness there,my dress is beautiful from DressFirst【wedding dresses
  • Well once you figure out the spanx or no spanx issue, I found a hilarious but brilliant suggestion online: cut a small hole for your feet in the bottom of a trash bag, and then pull it up around you (the hole will pull open as much as it needs to fit over your thighs). Gather your skirt into the plastic bag and voila- you can go to the bathroom by yourself without damaging your dress. No need for assistance! (Seriously I love my bestie too much to make her help me pee.)
    eyeroll
  • mcgarci2mcgarci2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Bridal diapers?

Kidding! :)

Edt: Wanted to add that your dress is GORGEOUS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards