Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Exchange of wedding ring vows-ideas please!!!!

Trying to get different ideas than the traditional "with this ring I thee wed"  I have google wedding ring vows and haven't really been able to come up with much that I like...just wondering what you knotties are doing/have done?  TIA!!!!!

Re: Exchange of wedding ring vows-ideas please!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    bride/groom, this ring,is the sign of my love,and faithfulness,and I give it to youas an outward pledgeand symbol of my promiseto fulfill these vowswhich we have taken.Take this ringand be my wife/husband.
  • Options
    C WC W
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what we had. The officiant did most of the talking: The wedding ring is a symbol of unity, a circle unbroken, without beginning or end.  They are also a symbol of your love, trust, and faithfulness. Today, you give and receive these rings as demonstrations of your vows, to make your life one.  To work at all times to create a love, that is whole and unbroken, and to love each other without end.  When you look at this ring on your finger, let it serve as a reminder, that you are not alone in this world. Receive these rings, from each other, as a pledge of your abiding love for each other. Groom/Bride as you place the ring on Bride’s/Groom’s finger, please repeat after me:” I give you this ring that you may wear it as a lasting reminder of our marriage vows and as a symbol of my love and commitment to you." Bride/Groom please repeat after me: "I accept this ring as a symbol of your love and commitment."  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MissCM-I LOVE it-thanks ladies for your help!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours, as together you build your future. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow, and tears of joy. These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_vows_exchange-of-wedding-ring-vows-ideas-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:24Discussion:10345874Post:62145340">Exchange of wedding ring vows-ideas please!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.
    Posted by mdg713[/QUOTE]

And now I am crying like a baby haha. How sweet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_vows_exchange-of-wedding-ring-vows-ideas-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:24Discussion:10345874Post:62145340">Exchange of wedding ring vows-ideas please!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours, as together you build your future. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow, and tears of joy. These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.
    Posted by mdg713[/QUOTE]

I plan on using something along the lines of this!! I loved it the first time I read it and it made me tear up!!
  • Options
    edieanklinedieanklin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_vows_exchange-of-wedding-ring-vows-ideas-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:24Discussion:10345874Post:62145340">Exchange of wedding ring vows-ideas please!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours, as together you build your future. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow, and tears of joy. These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.
    Posted by mdg713[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards