Attire & Accessories Forum

Help! Allure or Mori Lee??

I'm trying to decide between two dresses -- the Mori Lee 1602 and Allure 8526. What's your vote? I need to decide ASAP because my wedding is 8 months away!!!!  I'm going for a very fitted look but something that still looks elegant. 

MORI LEE 1602:

ALLURE 8526:

(I photoshopped a sweetheart neckline onto the dress..lol..would probably get that done if I go with this dress)

Re: Help! Allure or Mori Lee??

• Oh I love the first one on you. Both are beautiul! 
  • I love the Mori Lee one!
  • The Mori Lee one is unbelievable on you!
  • They're both gorgeous, but I love the drama of the fuller bottom on the Mori Lee - it looks more "bridal" to me.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Wow.  I'm surprised by the responses.  I basically hate the Mori Lee one, haha.

Allure all the way.
  • Ditto Joy.

The Mori Lee is way too poofy at the bottom for my taste.  I like the Allure, though.
  • I much prefer the Mori Lee dress on you.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_allure-mori-lee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:e8306089-0d74-4262-afe4-a6cb416f0219Post:12ef2351-6f70-4bbc-acb8-fb8880ca87fc">Re: Help! Allure or Mori Lee??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow.  I'm surprised by the responses.  I basically hate the Mori Lee one, haha. Allure all the way.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]
    This is exactly what I was thinking.  I just really don't like the bottom, I love the Allure.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• The Mori Lee looks stunning on you. I love the back!!
    June 16, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    I love the Mori Lee on you!

I dont think the Allure shows you off as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The Allure definitely looks better.   There's nothing elegant about that Mori Lee skirt.
  • The Mori Lee is STUNNING on you!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I vote for the Mori Lee... it looks stunning on you. The Allure looks difficult to walk in!
  • Mori Lee ALL THE WAY! No contest.

You look GORGEOUS in it and the dress makes such a statement. I think that the Mori Lee is more unique and would look great ini pictures. Looks more "bridal" to me. I love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mori lee is more fashion forward and the allure is more traditional. i vote for mori lee! i love non-traditional looking dresses
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Mori Lee hands down! It makes a much bigger statement than the Allure dress. Allure looks way too ordinary to me. However I am a fan of big so I might be a little biased haha.. but honestly, the Mori Lee dress is much more flattering on you. It achieves the fitted look you're going for. GL!

• Thanks for all the feedback!! Does anyone have wedding photos in the Mori? I've seen photos of the Allure "in action" and it looks fab on other brides.  I don't know if its the camera angle or just wishful thinking, but I felt like the Allure had more shape to it in person that it looks in these pics. Here's a self-photo if this helps at all... hmmmm..... still being indecisive here :)    
  • The allure looks totally elegant.   Love it!
  • I HAVE a Mori Lee dress (wedding is in June!) and I LOVE IT!!! :) I voted Mori! Much more bridal looking, statement, GO MORI!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_allure-mori-lee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:e8306089-0d74-4262-afe4-a6cb416f0219Post:537a3e4b-44d4-47d0-8932-f9d2457afdb5">Re: Help! Allure or Mori Lee??</a>:
    [QUOTE]mori lee is more fashion forward and the allure is more traditional. i vote for mori lee! i love non-traditional looking dresses
    Posted by maribeth721[/QUOTE]

This! Love love!
  • If you want advice on shape, the Allure looks incredible on you. The Mori Lee one doesn't do a thing for your figure

Plus, The Mori Lee looks too "prom" for my taste

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• I love the Mori Lee one on you, looks great!  The allure one just doesn't "wow" me, honestly it looks cheaper in design & fabric than the other one.  And it doesn't flatter your figure as much!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love the Allure, it is much more elegant. DD wore an Allure and they make very high quality dresses.

ETA:  The poufiess of the bottom of the Mori Lee distracts from the rest of the dress.  It is more form fitting, but the fit isn't as apparent because all you see is the poof.
  • I voted for the Mori Lee. I think it looks amazing on you and is such a wow dress, the other dress just looks blah on you to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are going for elegant you have to choose the Allure, hands down.  It will look amazing on you when properly fitted.

There are a lot of words to describe the Mori Lee, but I don't think anyone would say it's elegant.  
  • I love the Allure. I think the Mori Lee does nothing for your figure, but the Allure looks stunning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks everyone!!! I think I realized that since I'm not 100% crazy about either one, maybe I just haven't found "the one" yet.... back to shopping..... !
  • Here's the dress I ended up going with!!!!! It's Anna Maier-Ulla Maija Couture, found it at an awesome price at a sample sale! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards