Attire & Accessories Forum

Anyone buy a wedding dress online from ebay that ships from China?

Does anyone have any information about buying a dress from ebay that is "custom" from places in china. The pictures that advertise the dress are the exact same as some of the Allure dresses that I've tried on. I don't know if this is too good to be true or not?

Re: Anyone buy a wedding dress online from ebay that ships from China?

• Too good to be true.  If it's shipping from China, it's a knock-off seller.  Just say no to knock-offs.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Yes! I bought a dress for a wedding that was made to my measurements and I LOVE it. Great work and fit perfect!! I am now buying my wedding dress from Ebay. The one I want is in stores for $1500 and it's $168 on Ebay!! It's a dress you will wear a couple of hours! Who cares if it is a knock off?? Who is going to know??!
  • Honestly, Ive been going back and forth w/ purchasing a dress from Ebay (China) and Ive heard a lot of bad reviews...dresses never make it to your home, the colors are not what you thought it would be, stitching issues (dress malfunctions), etc.  I was only getting a tea length dress but I decided not to.  You may just want to stick to a ebay seller thats in the states and/or the dress is on a real person and its ready to be shipped..not placing your order for someone in the sweat shop to make it.  Ive been everywhere in LV and CANNOT find a DECENT priced tea length, tulle dress ;(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_anyone-buy-wedding-dress-online-ebay-ships-china?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:cbb219ef-8d5d-4a32-ace5-88499c63bf7bPost:29348097-3f5f-4afa-9d1c-2bce3ee31752">Re: Anyone buy a wedding dress online from ebay that ships from China?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes! I bought a dress for a wedding that was made to my measurements and I LOVE it. Great work and fit perfect!! I am now buying my wedding dress from Ebay. The one I want is in stores for $1500 and it's $168 on Ebay!! It's a dress you will wear a couple of hours! Who cares if it is a knock off?? Who is going to know??!
    Posted by missmicheleb[/QUOTE]
    The first dress you purchased, was it a wedding gown?  If so I'd like to see pictures.<div>
    </div><div>From the pictures brides post on here who purchased from the China knock-off stores, they look horrible.  The material is usually super shiny (if it's not made of a chiffon or lace) because the material is much less quality than the original.  The seams are usually not straight or not reinforced.  If there's any beadwork it usually looks a mess.</div><div>
    </div><div>You get what you pay for.</div>
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I did a quick search on Google and came across TONS of links to complaints from girls who ordered their dresses this way and the horrible results they received.  Here are two links (including pictures of the dress advertised and the dress that arrived) just as a sampling for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dont do it. I just got mine last week. It is not very well made. Looks cheap. Beads falling off. Fit not right. It is a waste of money.
  • Thanks so much for the all the feedback! Very helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards