Canada-Ontario

Stag & Doe?

Hey all!

A friend of mine's hubby had a huge stag night for thier wedding, complete with dinner, open bar, games galore and dancing. They ended up profitting about $5000 from that. (And of course that money goes to the wedding). We're thinking about doing the same type of thing, but a Stag & Doe. Obviously, the main goal is finding a place where you can do it cheaply but still have it be a quality good time for your guests.

Have you been to a stag & doe/stag in Toronto or are you planning one? Any ideas for venue choices? I would like the tickets to be $60 or under but that might be unrealistic for open bar, a DJ and dinner.

Some think Stag & Does are tacky and are entitled to that opinion but I'm not looking for that type of comment, it won't be helpful here.

Re: Stag & Doe?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $60 sounds like a lot though. Aren't tickets usually somewhere in the $20-$30 range? (I have no idea other than one stag that my ex-BF attended.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, $60 sounds like a lot.  I'm in Burlington and there aren't too many stag & does in my area/circle of friends but the few that I've been to, tickets were $10 - $25, not including drinks or a full dinner.  You could keep the price down if you didn't do dinner, and just had a bar and snacks/appies?
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're having an open bar, then yeah, tickets would have to cost that much.  Usually when they're in the $20 range you also have to pay for drinks.  That's what we did.

We had our Stag and Doe in Milton, since our friends and family are spread out to the east and west of Toronto.  We did ours at the Lions Club Hall and it was great.  The space was nice and big and we could bring in our own alcohol.  I think we ended up with enough money to cover the open bar at our wedding.

We didn't have a sit down dinner, but instead had the normal array of meatballs, salads, snackies and desserts.  My stepdad also smoked a huge roast for roast beef sandwiches. 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    So no ideas on venues in Toronto? I'll keep looking!

Thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    my friends are having their jack and jill this weekend, they rented out a local arena (they're not in the city).  their tix are $15 ea or $25 per couple.  there are prizes and games galore!  just munchies, no dinner.  no open bar, but 5 drinks for $20 or something like that.  i'll let you know if i get any other info after this weekend!

i haven't done one yet (but i think we're planning to), but i've thrown other parties at the Royal Canadian Legions - they have their own bar (which is good for liquor license stuff) and usually rent the place out fairly cheap.  they're not all beautiful places, some are kind of old, but it may be something to look into.

good luck, and let us know if you find a good venue!
  • edited December 2011
    Oooooh I like that drink idea! Makes it sound really cheap, but it's not really. Sneaky! LOL

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards