Hawaii

Will you be my bridesmaid?

We're leaving to go on a cruise for a week starting Friday, so last night I panicked a little because I have so many wedding things I feel like I need to do right away! I stayed up really late last night creating these "Will You Be My Bridesmaid" cards because I saw them on Etsy, and thought they were darling! I added the Zebra ribbon at the last minute, and love them even more now.They looked easier to make than they actually were. I bought the ribbon and paper on seperate shopping trips and they didn't match so I had to go back. Then the skirt part of the dresses were the hardest part...the creases never looked just right. I'm almost done, just need to add straps to them! Here they are, I can't wait for the girls to get them!! (ignore my AWFUL handwriting!!!)
andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
My Planning Bio

Re: Will you be my bridesmaid?

• edited December 2011
    Um.  Okay.  Those are ridiculously fabulously adorable!  I'm SOOO impressed!  Man, now I feel like a loser b/c all I did was email my girls!!! Haha. Nice job, if I were them I would be so honored!
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    WOW, Andrea!! That is so incredibly cute and creative!! I love it and your girls are going to be so excited to receive these.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    very cute!  and I just noticed that the skirt part was ribbon!so excited for you andrea, everything is really starting!
  • vanilla15vanilla15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    those are soo cute!! how creative!!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    These are adorable... Your girls are going to love them!!  Very creative!!  Have fun on your cruise!!
  • edited December 2011
    Like all the pps - sooooo cute!! I love the poofy little skirt and the zebra ribbon. Your bridesmaids are going to love them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Very cute!  Great job!
  • inamrainamra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, those look so freaking fantastic!! How did you make those dresses with ribbons?!?Yeah, all I did was e-mail them =P all text, not even a digital card or anything...
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In hindsight, I wish I would have just emailed all of them! Haha! Glad you guys love them, that makes me excited!!The ribbon was a wide band that I cut and folded up, then I used glue dots to hold the creases together. Lots of trial and error...FI came home and I was sitting at the table amidst a pile of paper and ribbon scraps, scowling.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I think this way better (and more personal) than an e-mail!  BTW, if you're thinking of incorporating the zebra print into other wedding elements, they have some really great fuchsia/zebra print combo items on Etsy!
  • licia9880licia9880 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They turned out adorable!!! I made some myself, and I agree...totally not as easy as they look, and mine were not as cute as yours. Nice job :)
  • KKakesKKakes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW! I have a funny feeling you might turn into a DIY queen durring this whole wedding thing!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    OMG Andrea!!!!!  These are gorgeous!  And so creative!  Wow!  I can't wait to see what kind of DIY projects you do for the wedding!  :)LOVE THESE!!!!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards