Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening Thread

Good Evening!

If money was no object and you (and your SO) didn't have to work, what would you do?

Or just talk about what you're having for dinner.  That's cool too.

Re: Evening Thread

• Options
    Travel. Like a lot. :)
    Lizzie
  • Options
    That's hot, chrissy.  I bet he's the FI of the troll in the boxing thread.
  • Options
    It can't be evening yet. I'm still at work (and in the eastern time zone).

If money were no object I would have a farm.
  • Options
    oh, that's cool, Anna.  What would you grow/raise?
  • Options
    I would travel, catch up on my scrap booking and sewing, build ridiculous houses like a castle or tree house and probably do stupid stuff like the Jackass guys.
  • Options
    Oh and what Anna said
  • Options
    If money were no object, I wouldn't work (though H likely still would) and would buy a house & property that could allow me to foster dogs. 

Dinner is going to be meatballs.  I had a ton of stuffing left over from stuffed peppers last night but no more peppers. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:6e36c9ba-57af-4eee-b69c-5af33b11142c">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh, that's cool, Anna.  What would you grow/raise?
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Everything. I'd have chickens, cows, sheep, goats, rabbits and pigs. Not turkeys though because I kind of hate turkey. And pretty much any fruits and vegetables I could get my hands on. This would mostly be a family subsistance farm, I'm not really interested in selling much produce. 

</div>
  • Options
    I would travel but not every month. I would volunteer with kids and make crafts. I would like to design and build our own house and spend more time with our family. We would also have season tickets to all our local teams.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:0d00952a-1b2a-4ad6-be84-53c83d544e85">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]If money were no object, I wouldn't work (though H likely still would) and would buy a house & property that could allow me to foster dogs.  Dinner is going to be meatballs.  I had a ton of stuffing left over from stuffed peppers last night but no more peppers. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Now I want stuffed peppers -- that sounds delcious. What do you stuff them with?

It's restaurant week in KC, so we might go out again!
    Lizzie
  • Options
    GeauxTigers17GeauxTigers17 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I would buy one house on the beach, one in the mountains, and split time between the two. And I'd find a way to ride horses every day. 

I have been so bored at work today. I hate it when it's slow. 

ETA: I would like to move to France, but my husband would hate that, so I doubt I'd get far in that endeavor.
  • Options
    aragx, it was a combo of ground beef, rice, onions, tomato sauce & spices.  It was actually pretty blah.  I think next time I'll add in some Italian Sausage and tweak the spices a bit. 
  • Options
    I'm intrigued by that, Anna.

I'm so glad that the first answer wasn't something completely selfless like "Feed all the orphans"  I mean, that's really good and all, but then no one could answer "drink wine and eat bon bons all day" without feeling like an assss.

Also, I would travel the way they do in Agatha Christie novels where they stay at the same hotel in the South of France for months until they decide to move on to Morocco for a few more months and then take the Oriental Express to Italy.
  • Options
    Oh, I would also want to have a horse or two, but I wouldn't eat them. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:b9822f1e-f751-4bc2-b119-0b3e6e78ed32">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm intrigued by that, Anna. I'm so glad that the first answer wasn't something completely selfless like "Feed all the orphans"  I mean, that's really good and all, but then no one could answer "drink wine and eat bon bons all day" without feeling like an assss. Also, I would travel the way they do in Agatha Christie novels where they stay at the same hotel in the South of France for months until they decide to move on to Morocco for a few more months and then take the Oriental Express to Italy.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Oh shiit, the orphans. Yeah I'd definitely help the orphans too! :)
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:1ea7db86-3c66-4f53-a38e-8c87d1e46af0">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oooh, Muni - I would so want to own a winery. And then hire someone to run it.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

If I had a winery I'd be a huuuuuge alcoholic. But darn, that'd be fun.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    I might still work, only because I kinda sorta really like my job, when it's not making me crazy, or taking up all my time.  I would definitely cut back my hours big time.  I would travel all over for sure, warm places, old places.  I love the beach, but castles are cool too.  I would read for hours every day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:b1843728-a7f1-48e4-8475-fe2a640262d7">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]aragx, it was a combo of ground beef, rice, onions, tomato sauce & spices.  It was actually pretty blah.  I think next time I'll add in some Italian Sausage and tweak the spices a bit. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

It certainly sounds good in theory -- I'm terribe about following recipes though and FI says I tend to <em>overseason</em> things!
    Lizzie
  • Options
    ooooh, Rachers I want a winery too.  and someone to run it.

Anna, thanks for clarifying that you wouldn't eat the horses.  That would be flame-worthy.  But it might make for a great FFF
  • Options
    Sure you can have a plane!  You get a plane!  and you get a plane! 
  • Options

Oh, I would also keep a massage therapist on staff. 

• Options
    In celebration of the grade, I took Tory out earlier for a half hour playtime in the snow. It was hilarious and she is now sleeping soundly. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:0f674c04-07b7-4144-a3b2-327a16d07414">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]So this is part of a FB friend's status update: " I am reminded of what day today is and I think of the 53 million innocent lives that have been taken. It reminds me why I'm going through all of this and that is all worth it." ...anyone know what she's referencing? I googled but couldn't figure it out.  Am i stupid?

Roe v Wade probably.
  • Options
    MUN1 - unless it's referring to the anniversary of the first canned beer going on sale, I can't think of anything.  Oh wait, that's tomorrow. 

I got nothin.
  • Options
    Mun1, Roe vs. Wade was decided on this date. 
  • Options
    I only knew that because of someone's FB status, TBH
  • Options
    Except it was actually Jan 22. But... whatev.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:0f674c04-07b7-4144-a3b2-327a16d07414">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]So this is part of a FB friend's status update: " I am reminded of what day today is and I think of the 53 million innocent lives that have been taken. It reminds me why I'm going through all of this and that is all worth it." ...anyone know what she's referencing? I googled but couldn't figure it out.  Am i stupid?

Mine and Ell's 6 month married mark? That's all I got.

I hate vague statuses. They come off as "cocky" IMHO.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    ahhhh.  of course it would be roe vs. wade.

ETA: MuSu, that explains why it didn't come up.  I googled Jan 23
  • Options
    I'm going to assume she is a mom, otherwise I'm not sure what "this is all worth it" means.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards