Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good morning!

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Ours was decent.  I came home early on Friday with a ridiculous migraine.  Like, the kind that makes you throw up, and your eyes can't focus on anything... yeah, it was rough.  Thank God Robert was home to help me though.  I hate when I get those and he's out of town.  I can't exactly tell the dogs to hold it for 12 hours because I can't take them out.  Blech.Saturday and Sunday we went to the lake and the beach for little sister's birthday.  It was fun, but now I think I'm coming down with Robert's cold.  I have the immune system of a, well, someone with a really bad immune system.

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    Good Morning!

We just had a nice quiet weekend.
    Today is full of laundry and cleaning the house.  BIL arrives tomorrow night, so I'd like everything to be in order.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh! How old is the little girl, ltb?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    My weekend wasnt long enough. I know its pathetic but I kind of miss being unemployed and having all day to myself. I dont miss the lack of money, but its hard to get everything I want to get done when I have 8 hours eaten up by work.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:f3cbd098-9940-4f4e-9ac8-692ed043c4f0">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My weekend wasnt long enough. I know its pathetic but I kind of miss being unemployed and having all day to myself. I dont miss the lack of money, but its hard to get everything I want to get done when I have 8 hours eaten up by work.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I am so afraid of this happening too.

How is the new job going?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:f3cbd098-9940-4f4e-9ac8-692ed043c4f0">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My weekend wasnt long enough. I know its pathetic but I kind of miss being unemployed and having all day to myself. I dont miss the lack of money, but its hard to get everything I want to get done when I have 8 hours eaten up by work.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bet that's an adjustment.
    No worries! You'll get back into the swing of things!
    How is the job going?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Job is really great, I like it there a lot so that is a definite plus. Hopefully all the other stuff falls into place soon because I need to get back into working out!
  • Options
    Alexia, you and I share a similar immune system.  It's a PITA.

Nebb, I'm thinking the same thing.   After nearly 3 years of not working, how am I going to feel when I "DO start working!? haha... double edged sword.

It was a stressful weekend really.  H and I were arguing a lot because I'm stressed about the move and trying to get him to do stuff, and he doesn't want to.  Start circular arguments.  Eesh. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:891fb40d-a42c-4df4-9ee2-00c5ddd47dca">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]She'll be 6. Its a pool party so this is what I came up with.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

CUTE!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:ce48caeb-3f8c-435b-adf5-fe2cdf466471">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alexia, you and I share a similar immune system.  It's a PITA. Nebb, I'm thinking the same thing.   After nearly 3 years of not working, how am I going to feel when I "DO start working!? haha... double edged sword. It was a stressful weekend really.  H and I were arguing a lot because I'm stressed about the move and trying to get him to do stuff, and he doesn't want to.  Start circular arguments.  Eesh. 
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

Oh man, yeah, moving is stressful enough!  I'm sorry.  Hope it gets better!

Here's to vitamins and Dayquil!
  • Options
    Amoro, reverse that and you have H and I.

With the move so close, what could he not want to do?  Does he not want to leave Italy?
  • Options
    Morning, ladies. Our weekend was pretty good - I finished ripping up the carpet from the laundry room, got 3 (or was it 4?) loads of laundry done, bills paid, and 70 tests graded. Only 47 more to grade. Oh, and my daughter had a solo in church yesterday morning, and she did great! This week is shaping up in typical fashion. Teach Mon. - Fri. This afternoon is riding lessons from 4:30-5:30. My mom normally picks up the girls from the bus and takes them to lessons, and I get there right before they start, but she can't today so I have to jet out as soon as the bell rings. Tomorrow and Thursday I teach my homebound student from 4-5:30. Wednesday is choir practice, and Friday is tutoring. Oh, and tomorrow I have to judge senior projects from 5:00-8:00. Have to juggle some stuff to make that happen.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:7d577eaf-d47c-4ba4-b26d-30902a4a214f">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amoro, reverse that and you have H and I. With the move so close, what could he not want to do?  Does he not want to leave Italy?
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

No, he wants to leave Italy bad enough that he doesn't want to leave the house to deal with them! lol  But, he also was being a turd about getting rid of stuff and going through his things.  Eh.  He was a good boy and took care of it last night, but it caused a rough Saturday wherein I contemplated cutting off his fingers and chucking his computer mouse out the window because he played games nonstop all day.

Alexia, I can't take vitamins because without fail, they make me want to throw up.  It's awesome.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Hah thanks for reminding me to take my vitamins guys, I keep forgetting to take them lately.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:f1580c2f-fde0-47a4-96f6-26ba634fd0f6">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : No, he wants to leave Italy bad enough that he doesn't want to leave the house to deal with them! lol  But, he also was being a turd about getting rid of stuff and going through his things.  Eh.  He was a good boy and took care of it last night, but it caused a rough Saturday wherein I contemplated cutting off his fingers and chucking his computer mouse out the window because he played games nonstop all day. <strong>Alexia, I can't take vitamins because without fail, they make me want to throw up.  It's awesome.</strong>

ME TOO!  If I'm at my parent's house, I take two of the chewable kids ones that my mom keeps around.

Other than that, that's it.
  • Options
    Amoro, I hear that.  I warned H last night that there may or may not be a bunch of stuff in storage that shouldn't be there.  I just got too tired to finish tossing stuff, so it got packed. 

I'm pretty sure we're paying shipping on some Sharpie Highlighters...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:f1580c2f-fde0-47a4-96f6-26ba634fd0f6">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! :   He was a good boy and took care of it last night, but it caused a rough Saturday wherein I contemplated cutting off his fingers and chucking his computer mouse out the window because he played games nonstop all day. Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

Can you say, "avoidance?" I feel your pain. While we aren't moving, I was royally PO'd at my husband yesterday that he was STILL ASLEEP when we got home for church at 12:40. Jerk.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:bb977cec-29ff-4488-9f6a-1612f445e444">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amoro, I hear that.  I warned H last night that there may or may not be a bunch of stuff in storage that shouldn't be there.  I just got too tired to finish tossing stuff, so it got packed.  <strong>I'm pretty sure we're paying shipping on some Sharpie Highlighters...</strong>
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

We drove down from NY to move Robert's stuff down here.  I carried a lamp for 32 hours because there was no more room in the trailer.  When we got to FL, he managed to consolidate the boxes so there were half as many, and the 4 computer monitors he HAD to have went straight to the dumpster.

Yeah, that was fun.  I'm still now sure why his stuff needed to travel down instead of end up in the NY dumpsters... *sigh*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:5d6a6795-d855-44a9-829d-f60fdb039003">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uh oh. FI just called to tell me that our lovely cat has now decided to pee on the bath mat. I can't wait to get her to her vet appt. tonight. I'm really hoping its not a urinary infection. I just don't have the extra money right now if it is something serious.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

Uhoh.

Are cats like dogs where they go if the smell is there?  If so, I'm a HUGE fan of vinegar.  Wash the rug with vinegar.  Once it's completely dry, there should be NO scent for the animal to want to mark.

I hope kitty is okay!
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I forgot about something funny that happened on Saturday. We were heading to the market and were waiting in our driveway for a break in traffic to pull out and across the street some old guy rode by on his bike, when he got to the corner he stopped, got off his bike, and flung himself backwards into the grass and started rolling around clutching his head. We didnt know what to do, or if he was having a heart attack or something (it didnt look like a seizure though), but then he just sat up, looked around a bit and got up and rode away. It was so strange... were pretty sure now he was just drunk.
  • Options
    I'm secretly tossing shiit that I know he'll never miss while he's at work.  Yup.  I'm evil. :D

Alexia, do the chewables not make you sick?  Cause if not, I might try those.  Winter this year is going to be mighty interesting with the new country. 

How did Mr take it about the stuff in storage?

I'm sorry your kitty is acting funny LTB
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:e3c3a83f-f7d8-4005-a016-79b9f41c31ba">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I forgot about something funny that happened on Saturday. We were heading to the market and were waiting in our driveway for a break in traffic to pull out and across the street some old guy rode by on his bike, when he got to the corner he stopped, got off his bike, and flung himself backwards into the grass and started rolling around clutching his head. We didnt know what to do, or if he was having a heart attack or something (it didnt look like a seizure though), but then he just sat up, looked around a bit and got up and rode away. It was so strange... were pretty sure now he was just drunk.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

That's totally weird.  Maybe he had a bee in his helmet or something?
  • Options
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:3ea40a4a-4844-4d63-9e2a-160801f4360d">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm secretly tossing shiit that I know he'll never miss while he's at work.  Yup.  I'm evil. :D <strong>Alexia, do the chewables not make you sick?</strong>  Cause if not, I might try those.  Winter this year is going to be mighty interesting with the new country.  How did Mr take it about the stuff in storage? I'm sorry your kitty is acting funny LTB

Nope, but I also don't think I'm actually taking enough for the nutrients to do anything.

I mean, they're children's vitamins... so, who the hell knows.  It makes me feel a tiny bit better to take them.  Like, oh, this can't hurt!
  • Options
    Good morning!

Things are good here, I just slept really well last night so I'm a happy camper.

Nebb, you'll totally get in to the swing of things, I always feel that way when I go back to work.

On vitamins: try taking them with food, and in the evening. Chewable flinstones complete have everything you need and they make me less sick than the other kinds. If the iron in them gives you trouble, try the gummies (no iron, but lots of other good stuff).

• Options
    eh, I got the sidde eye, but then I reminded him that, in the last week, I switched from "packing mode" to "finding a suitable home for Bella mode".  He nodded in understanding and said "at least we didn't have to bring the second bedroom set".
  • Options
    I was going to say the same thing, my doctor told me to take mine after I eat dinner because I have a super weak stomach.

AC is that a chocolate lab with snot on his/her snout? my FI's dog always have snot on his face but you have to love him no matter what.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:453a3ac7-500b-4f61-a9c8-4df8bd1a4047">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! Things are good here, I just slept really well last night so I'm a happy camper. Nebb, you'll totally get in to the swing of things, I always feel that way when I go back to work. On vitamins: try taking them with food, and in the evening. Chewable flinstones complete have everything you need and they make me less sick than the other kinds.<strong> If the iron in them gives you trouble, try the gummies (no iron, but lots of other good stuff).</strong>
    Posted by ac_in_dc[/QUOTE]

YAY for sleep!

Hmmm... is the iron what generally makes you want to puke your guts out?

Cause now that I think about it, don't BCP have iron in them? I know the placebos/sugar pills do...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e708827-8aee-42b6-b977-f97f8d1a4a8aPost:453a3ac7-500b-4f61-a9c8-4df8bd1a4047">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! Things are good here, I just slept really well last night so I'm a happy camper. Nebb, you'll totally get in to the swing of things, I always feel that way when I go back to work. On vitamins: try taking them with food, and in the evening. Chewable flinstones complete have everything you need and they make me less sick than the other kinds. If the iron in them gives you trouble, try the gummies (no iron, but lots of other good stuff).
    Posted by ac_in_dc[/QUOTE]

I take all of my pills at night.  Not sure my stomach could handle any more! HA!  But I'll check out some of the other ones when we move. 

Glad you slept well!
  • Options
    I know the iron is what got me at the beginning of pregnancy (and a lot of the other ladies on the bump), so I took the flinstone gummies to get the folate and other stuff b/c iron isn't as important 'til later (and typically if you don't get enough, it's not going to hurt the kid, it's just going to make you tired and anemic).

Willard (my lab) actually has a scar on his face. He was 5 when I got him and I guess when he was a puppy someone wrapped duct tape around his muzzle to get him to stop barking. The scarring is worse on his chin. He's an amazing dog, very easy, I have no idea why anyone would do something like that to him.

• Options
    I will second AC's advice to take them with food.

Amoro, the funny thing is that is pretty much a typical week for me, minus the senior project judging. Only 5 more weeks of school, yippee!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards