Wedding Etiquette Forum

Happy Saturday Morning!

Re: Happy Saturday Morning!

• HI.  I'm glad I'm not banninated. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • You'd be so lonely.  I could FB message you my thread responses and you could post them for me.

No one would believe you though.

• Why would you have been banned J?
  • I was being a diiickface on CC yesterday.  Then I couldn't log in or post on the mobile site, then I cam ehere and was posting and killing threads, so I just wondered if no one could see me, and maybe I was banninated from my diiiickfaceness on CC.

See?  Even I feel ignored and invisible sometimes.

• Well, I'm glad you aren't banned too. 

Everyone has diiiickface days. 

Eags - what wedding stuff do you have planned for the day?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:5fff9c93-dae1-4d65-929d-b8940ba0a16d">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]J is the peanut butter to my jelly.  She completes me. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>You guys are such love birds. </div><div>
    </div><div>Morning/afternoon everyone! I'm hanging out by the pool. I should be doing school work but I'm on TK instead. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:0491ac3a-b481-4001-8f0f-2dab99290f23">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning! : You guys are such love birds.  Morning/afternoon everyone! I'm hanging out by the pool. I should be doing school work but I'm on TK instead. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

<div>TK is much more fun. </div><div>
    </div><div>My Aunt and Uncles should be here soon. They decided to stay in a hotel for some reason, so all my cleaning was for nothing. I did bring them my little heaven treats to have in the hotel though. I hope they liked them.</div>
  • What a good hostess, poke! 

I'm actually reading a pretty interesting research article about shared goals and social interactions. If I weren't reading it for class I'd probably be enjoying myself but because it's "work" I'm dragging through it. 
  • What up homeboys? I've been a lazy mother effer today, and i like it. 
  • Morning all/Afternoon all. Whatever! LOL

General Contractor will be here soon to go through the house for reno rates. Woot! I hope my reno goes smoother than Rachers roof. LOL

Then we get to go meet about our wedding and the money deal. And, I get to try on my dress with my shoes and underwear that goes with it and decide if I need alterations. Now that we're planning to have (possible) dancing I am rethinking the 6" heels. However, I wore 6" heels to work 2 days this week and was away from home for 15 hours one day and 18 hours yesterday that included Walmart, dinner both days, a mall trip, rain both days, and I wasn't in uncomfortable. But, I know the shoes I had on at work are comfy, I don't know that my wedding heels are. Maybe i need to buy another pair in a different color and wear them to work and make sure I'm comfortable in them prior to the wedding? or I am I just looking for reasons to buy ridiculous heels? LOL
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm putting in my monthly weekend at work. I hate being open on weekends in the summer, it means I have 12 day stretches with no day off. Yuck. Then silly me agreed to help a friend who runs a hotel and work at a summer party they are having tonight.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:09ccdfbd-15aa-4152-b052-866c0758e4d7">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What a good hostess, poke!  I'm actually reading a pretty interesting research article about shared goals and social interactions. If I weren't reading it for class I'd probably be enjoying myself but because it's "work" I'm dragging through it. 

What are you going to school for Aryn?

And, my coworker was going to talk to her daughter about the dress, and they're going on vacation this week. I'll try to remember to ask her in text this week what she said. I'm sure we'll text all week since she's working on vacation. :(
  • Poke, would you like to put some of those heaven things in the mail for me? ;)

J, I was in an outdoor wedding last week and the high was 101. Unfuckingbearable. There was a thunderstorm during dinner though, so that cooled everything off a bt. We were in a tent, so we didn't get wet. Is the wedding this afternoon or this evening?

Raes, 12 days of work sounds awful. Will you at least get a bigger paycheck than normal?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aloha. 

My sleepover with H's little brothers was a success. They taught me how to play Grand Theft Auto. That game is horribly violent, and I was really suprised they are allowed to play it. But after a while the game just becomes hysterical. It's the weirdest little game. I'm more of a Super Mario girl, myself. 

I have no plans today besides getting the very last of the thank you notes out. H needs to write a few more, but I'm seriously considering forging them for him because I want these suckers gone. 
  • raes19raes19 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:09e0ef6b-c756-4c77-bc2b-b9d6fa774aea">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poke, would you like to put some of those heaven things in the mail for me? ;) J, I was in an outdoor wedding last week and the high was 101. Unfuckingbearable. There was a thunderstorm during dinner though, so that cooled everything off a bt. We were in a tent, so we didn't get wet. Is the wedding this afternoon or this evening? <strong>Raes, 12 days of work sounds awful. Will you at least get a bigger paycheck than normal?
    </strong>Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the only reason I do it. We have weekend staff in the summer, but I wanted the extra money so agreed to do one weekend a month.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:5fff9c93-dae1-4d65-929d-b8940ba0a16d">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]J is the peanut butter to my jelly.  She completes me. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

It's peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time!

I think we're both PB.  We're the same entity.

Angel, the ceremony is at 4.  The cocktail hour is outside, but the rest of the reception is inside, thank goodness.  My H was like...uh, I'm not wearing sleeves and a tie.  I can't say I blame him.

• Stef, this is my last class for psychology. I also have a degree in Hispanic studies and a CDFR minor. 

Raes, what is it you do? 12 days of work does not sound like my cup of tea. 
  • Random:   does anyone watch the new Dallas?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • J, that doesn't sound too bad. FI wore a suit the whole time at the wedding last weekend and while he was hot, he was okay. I'm sure your H will be a lot more comfortable if he doesn't wear a suit though.

Also, they played that PB&J song on the Music Express ride at the boardwalk the other night. It's been in my head ever since.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • raes19raes19 member

Aryn, I work at the local chamber of commerce and run the visitor center. During the week it's not so bad, because I do all sorts of chamber stuff, but on the weekends it's strictly visitor center and can get boring. What's driving me crazy today is there is a triathalon this weekend, and people keep coming to the wrong park for the start/finish. My office is located in Lakefront Park, and the triathalon is in Seneca Lake State Park, which is getting people that aren't familiar with the city all kinds of confused.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:e539c7f1-45d1-47fa-bc16-2c24abae81e1">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stef, this is my last class for psychology. I also have a degree in Hispanic studies and a CDFR minor.  Raes, what is it you do? 12 days of work does not sound like my cup of tea. 

What is CDFR?

What can you do with a psychology degree and Hispanic studies?

I'm a hopeless self help book junkie. I love self help books, marriage books, all kinds of relationship books. I'm rereading the Crucial Confrontations/Conversations books right now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:e006c339-2e35-445c-9daf-3cfc5a7b3d60">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning! : What is CDFR? What can you do with a psychology degree and Hispanic studies? I'm a hopeless self help book junkie. I love self help books, marriage books, all kinds of relationship books. I'm rereading the Crucial Confrontations/Conversations books right now.
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Not Aryn, but I'm pretty sure it's Child Development and Family Resources. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I hate hate hate self help books! Back when my sister was first diagnosed with bipolar disorder we all read a ton of those books and I just can't stand them. I think they're great and really helpful for some people, but the language in them just irks me. </div>
  • raes19raes19 member

Somebody just stopped in with an adorable yellow lab puppy, so that made my day not suck so bad. I love when people stop in with doggies.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:f7521d04-cdeb-4446-b689-2f09b00f4776">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning! : Not Aryn, but I'm pretty sure it's Child Development and Family Resources.  I hate hate hate self help books! Back when my sister was first diagnosed with bipolar disorder we all read a ton of those books and I just can't stand them. I think they're great and really helpful for some people, but the language in them just irks me. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I read a lot and have always enjoyed self help. I'm weird. You guys know that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:127dda01-c33a-4482-853a-43ac7680c715">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Somebody just stopped in with an adorable yellow lab puppy, so that made my day not suck so bad. I love when people stop in with doggies.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I love lab puppies. I'm not much of a dog person, but I think labs are just the cutest puppies of all time. And golden retrievers. 

</div>
  • raes19raes19 member
    Growing up we always had golden retrievers. They are good dogs, but can be a little crazy. I think labs are a little more mellow.
  • Stef, to answer what you can do with those degrees, nothing. Literally jack sh*t. I guess HR, or something like what J&K does (intensive in-home) but my plan is to nanny for a couple of years and go to graduate school for nutrition and work with kids. It'll tie all my education together nicely I think. 

Leisel, I think goldendoodle puppies are the cuh-utest puppies ever ever. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:db9879d5-2e1a-4d5e-848c-94db19e317c7">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Growing up we always had golden retrievers. They are good dogs, but can be a little crazy. I think labs are a little more mellow.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

My neighbors have a golden they refuse to keep at home. I hate the dog, he chews stuff on my porch and chases my cats and horses.

I admit to macing him with bear spray on many occassions and now all I have to do is step outside the house and he removes himself. I wish his owners were just responsible enough to keep their dog at home.

It's legal in my state for me to kill a dog who's chasing stock, but that doesn't matter. My landlord won't let me kill the dog, even though he chases the horses. I keep hoping he'll get run over or one of hte other neighbors who hate him will take care of him, but so far, no one has. I've survived 12 months with him and will be leaving shortly.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:dfe37b38-2bf3-4dc0-8594-f387d5746f58">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stef, to answer what you can do with those degrees, nothing. Literally jack sh*t. I guess HR, or something like what J&K does (intensive in-home) but my plan is to nanny for a couple of years and go to graduate school for nutrition and work with kids. It'll tie all my education together nicely I think. <strong> Leisel, I think goldendoodle puppies are the cuh-utest puppies ever ever. </strong>

<div>
    </div><div>Ooh, I forgot about those! An old coworker of mine had one and it was the cutest little thing. He was a tan color and looked just like a teddy bear. </div>
  • Aryn - I had no idea that I couldn't really do anything with my psych degree until I was close to graduating. Yah.

I'm catching up on shows while FI is taking a nap. Tomorrow we are going to stay at the beach for 2 nights and I'm really excited. It's my only break this summer and I'm looking forward to it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards