Wedding Etiquette Forum

I judge...

Re: I judge...

• Seesaw - maybe they're secretly direct sellers of said lotion?

Shan - It seemed fun to me, too, but my friends totally b!itched about how the race was administered. And they've both run several half and full marathons so they're seasoned runners.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Holy crap, AATB. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Moose, one of my friends finished and we had plans to see the Michael Jackson Cirque show at Mandalay afterward. The conference center was an utter madhouse. People fainting, injured runners stuck in the middle of a crowd that couldn't move and couldn't get relief, etc. I was even nervous being in that crowd and I hadn't just run 13 miles. Whoever thought to book a major running event, a rodeo, and Opening Weekend of a new Michael Jackson show all at the same venue and happening at the same time needs to go back to event planning school :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:7ad205d1-119a-4a77-906d-82860ea93e76">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : Yes they did.  One of his daughters was killed in a car crash the morning of the wedding (or maybe the night before) and they went ahead with it anyway.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Duude. I completely forgot about that! : (
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:390357d4-1dc6-4117-ae31-f3718da78965">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : My SIL ran that too! If I could ever run that distance that seems like such a fun one.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

It was tough.  We were there a few days early and I ran it with a foot injury but all the Vegas walking didn't count as "rest"  Haha.

They've changed it a lot this year.  Not sure if I would do it again, but it was a fun experience.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • edited June 2012
    I now totally want to make a Black Forest cake solely because I have a mostly full bottle of kirsch purchased to make some awesome chocolate fondue...like 5 years ago.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:0641300c-dc2e-442e-adae-5de5188b2a6d">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and my big judge for the day is people who bring their pets to work.  Seriously, why the fluck would you haul your cat up to campus to stay in your office everyday?  And if I can't have fish in my office, which make no noise, then I shouldn't have to hear your cat yowling for 20 minutes when you're late to feed it.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
    I'm still catching up on the earlier part of this thread, but I bring Rufus to work on occasion. Office policy is that pets are allowed, but you need to clear it with your neighbors and they have to behave. I bring in Rufus every so often on a Friday when several people work at home and I have no meetings. He sleeps under my desk all day. The people that want to visit with him do so, and the people that don't care don't know he's there. The new girl has a dog allergy though so I won't be bringing him in anymore unless she's out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:a1f1015b-2b9f-45cb-9b66-067801da2eb0">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Moose, one of my friends finished and we had plans to see the Michael Jackson Cirque show at Mandalay afterward. The conference center was an utter madhouse. People fainting, injured runners stuck in the middle of a crowd that couldn't move and couldn't get relief, etc. I was even nervous being in that crowd and I hadn't just run 13 miles. Whoever thought to book a major running event, a rodeo, and Opening Weekend of a new Michael Jackson show all at the same venue and happening at the same time needs to go back to event planning school :-)
    Posted by Meegles4[/QUOTE]

That. 

Also?  With the whole no booze thing before the race (for me), it was a WEIRD situation being in Vegas THAT long without a drink.  I mean, really. 

• My boss has not responded to my email about tomorrow being take your dog to work day.  Her dog must be at the condo with her husband.

• Take your dog to work day would not work with my beasts. X would probably be fine, but Gator would be like "I JUST LOVE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!!!!"
  • Haha, yeah I'm trying to figure out which one I would bring.  Elmo is cute, but I'd be worried about his back getting hurt again.  Baloo can look a little menacing if you're not used to big dogs, and Sadie is just...special.

• Haha yeah, Take Your Dog To Work Day wouldn't work for me either.  I can't imagine Lucy in this office.  She barks at half the men she meets and I'm the only chick on third floor.  Plus she's still pretty young and you have to entertain her a lot.  It would be more like Play With Your Dog At Work Day.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:2f1cfa19-3c10-4921-a484-8c55ce19e901">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha yeah, Take Your Dog To Work Day wouldn't work for me either.  I can't imagine Lucy in this office.  She barks at half the men she meets and I'm the only chick on third floor.  Plus she's still pretty young and you have to entertain her a lot.  It would be more like <strong>Play With Your Dog At Work Day.
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

That's really what I'm aiming for.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:2663839a-91d9-4204-999b-b052e7a11794">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Moose</strong> would only be content at work if I brought the back of our couch with me.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Haha.  I read this and I was all, wtf?

Right.  Not all about me.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:3e8ee733-6890-459c-8568-eb38f3d3fac0">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : Haha.  I read this and I was all, wtf? Right.  Not all about me.
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

This made me lol.
  • I brought one of the cats to work with me last year - he needed to go to the vet and it was just after we moved out of town. At the time I was one of only 10 people on a huge floor, so no one noticed him and he's quiet and leash trained.

Now, there's no way I could get away with that!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:527e9f71-92b2-4a03-89b5-b5caf11c2d5a">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : That's really what I'm aiming for.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Bahaha :)

I couldn't do it for a full work day, but maybe on a Saturday when I come in for like an hour or two of fund drive.  That would be more doable.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:ea58d0b6-1b8e-47e1-80fb-b15188535464">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : That.  Also?  With the whole no booze thing before the race (for me), it was a WEIRD situation being in Vegas THAT long without a drink.  I mean, really. 
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was weird for my friends too. And weird for me because I wanted to drink and felt like a lush drinking alone. However, there were a few friends of my friends who apparently partied right up until the race and somehow finished.

Another issue I think was just the time of day. Most people run in the morning, not at 10 at night, so that was an adjustment for my friends. But, running the strip at night was cool in theory!

LDY - I'd totally let Gator love me (in a non-weird, bestiality way). I can't think of a non-creepy way to say that. Wow.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:af3a4c8d-4f94-45b1-b309-7eda36ad447e">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : Yeah, it was weird for my friends too. And weird for me because I wanted to drink and felt like a lush drinking alone. However, there were a few friends of my friends who apparently partied right up until the race and somehow finished. Another issue I think was just the time of day. Most people run in the morning, not at 10 at night, so that was an adjustment for my friends. But, running the strip at night was cool in theory! LDY - I'd totally let Gator love me (in a non-weird, bestiality way). I can't think of a non-creepy way to say that. Wow.
    Posted by Meegles4[/QUOTE]

I passed a couple girls who were doing a shot for every mile.  Haha.

• I assure you, Meegles, after about 40 licks you'd be like "okay dude, chill" and then he'd take that as "lick me some more! In awkward places!" He woke me up by licking my boob the other day and it grossed me out. 

But if you like hyper lovable dogs, he's a good one :)
  • Is this over? I judge people who don't vaccinate their children. Raise them how you want, within reason, but not vaccinating is a public health issue. If you're causing epidemics, it affects me, so I'm damn well going to be judgy about it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Our dog has a foot fetish...he pretty much can't see a bare foot without licking it.  Doesn't bother me in the slightest, but freaks out both my parents. I would definitely draw the line at boob licking!
  • WTF is a pox party?

• I could never bring my cat to work. He would whiny meow all day long. All day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:eb9cead6-b325-4963-a8a1-23ddf487fee1">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mery, I saw you on that Pox Party thread on FB, b/c I'm a creepy stalker. That was nuts
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

No worried, apparently it showed up in my feed! The "old" nest politics board (which migrated off-nest) found that gem.

What's funny is that a friend of mine, who is a super crunch/hippy/attached-parenting mom of 4, also agreed with me! So many people think you can't be into "natural" parenting and also, you know, respect modern medicine.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • seesawgirlseesawgirl member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:c2916f41-c299-49b9-b422-158ca8ff7f75">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF is a pox party?

I think it's where a group of parents that know each other, knowingly expose their children to chicken pox when one child gets it. They all come over, play, and go home with the pox, so that they don't get it when they are older, which is extremely dangerous.

ETA I'm not advocating it one way other the other, just explaining the reasoning behind it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:c2916f41-c299-49b9-b422-158ca8ff7f75">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF is a pox party?

It's when a kid gets chicken pox and you bring your kid over to intentionally expose them. (In the example LDY mentioned, it was a woman with SIX kids, who all appeared to be under the age of 6).

Except, you know, you can vaccinate for that now, and not force your child to have itchy pox, scars, a fever, and possible dangerous complications, like encephilits.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:21d8e5e9-f33c-41fd-aefe-277fa4dcf3c7">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : I think it's where a group of parents that know each other, knowingly expose their children to chicken pox when one child gets it. They all come over, play, and go home with the pox, so that they don't get it when they are older, which is extremely dangerous.
    Posted by seesawgirl[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I had no idea people really did this. Interesting. 

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's gross.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards