Wedding Etiquette Forum

I'm about to defriend everyone on FB

who's screaming "FREE HEALTHCARE FOR EVERYONE ON MY DIME" 

I am the first to admit that I'm not 100% clear on what all this means, but let's not do any research and start posting crap on FB, mmkay?

Some snippets:

The only way we're going to overturn Obamacare now is by voting OUT Obama and winning the Senate. It's time to vote for representatives who vow to get rid of Obamacare! Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction

The LORD is COMING to rescue his people from THE MESS of obamacare!

its just another way of the govt fucking you over and taking you rmoney to waste on there own personal agenda

And then something racist on "monkeycare" that I'm not even going to C&P.

People are cray cray.

Re: I'm about to defriend everyone on FB

• Personally my favorites are the people who say they're moving to Canada.  A nation that has socialized health care.  Sure, you'll fit right in.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• ...Monkeycare?

Oh HELL NO they didn't.
    panther
  • pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Holy crap, whitsy.  That's ridiculous.

Did everyone see the buzzfeed post yesterday with angy tweets about the healtcare bill and people deciding to move to Canada because of it?  That made me giggle over and over...

ETA Bay you beat me to it!
  • Its not all bad, but its not all good either. People need to learn more about the bill before spouting stupid snippits. Unfollow thos news feeds Whisty.... Cray cray is right
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Whitsy I had to defriend someone last night, it's like these people have lost their minds or what common sense they had!
  • I'd definitely be defriending whoever wrote the "monkeycare" comment.  Wow.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Also, I DGAF what your political leanings are, anyone who uses the phrase "monkeycare" is a racist, bigoted fucktard and I would defriend them ASAP.

• Yeah, I hate those posts. Sometimes I actually turn my computer off to avoid writing mean things on my friends walls.

This was on a friend's wall yesterday:

Yeah, so I can find a super redneck that has a KKK hood on and say "Right-wing conservative Republicans have theirs" and a picture of a soldier that is a democrat and say "And Americans have ours". And to that point, how do they even know the guy in the picture isn't a democrat? Oh wait, I forgot the Armed Forces are all Republicans....
  • My favorites are my HS friends who say they're moving to another country. It's like, really? How?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-about-to-defriend-everyone-on-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c43c1329-39bf-4e32-b720-f688b18d7756Post:d6905e00-729e-467b-8e8e-aba74fbee7e9">Re: I'm about to defriend everyone on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I DGAF what your political leanings are, anyone who uses the phrase "monkeycare" is a racist, bigoted fucktard and I would defriend them ASAP.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]
    Truth. I'm all about a thoughtful debate (which is probably NEVER gonna happen on an FB thread, though the one on my wall yesterday was nice and civil), but monkeycare is smallminded and useless. You don't have to agree with the bill, and I'm fine with hearing why anyone doesn't, but I won't tolerate idiocy like that. 
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Dang. 'Monkeycare?' I wouldn't be able to find the de-friend button fast enough. 

My fave is that the Lord is coming to save us from Obamacare. Hmmm, maybe he should save us from cancer and heart disease and about a zillion other things first? 

Politics and Jesus on FB annoy the crap outta me.
  • And on the flip side of the coin, I hid a dude yesterday for the following status:

I would talk major ish to all the ppl who still believe Universal healthcare is bad because Mommy and Daddy have always been there for you to pay your bills, but I don't need to... 

Disagreeing with this bill means I'm a brat whose parents pay for everything? I must be doing it real wrong then. I'll let my mom and dad know they need to start footing my bills. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-about-to-defriend-everyone-on-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c43c1329-39bf-4e32-b720-f688b18d7756Post:79cf7b69-0674-4cfe-b73e-8064e76130e2">Re: I'm about to defriend everyone on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I hate those posts. Sometimes I actually turn my computer off to avoid writing mean things on my friends walls. This was on a friend's wall yesterday: Yeah, so I can find a super redneck that has a KKK hood on and say "Right-wing conservative Republicans have theirs" and a picture of a soldier that is a democrat and say "And Americans have ours". And to that point, how do they even know the guy in the picture isn't a democrat? Oh wait, I forgot the Armed Forces are all Republicans....
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    Yup.

I hate the blanket photos.  There are a ton of OWS people who are diiicks, and there are a whole bunch of Tea Partiers who are also diiicks.  It's like saying the Westboro Baptist Church members speak for all Baptists.  Inaccurate, smallminded, and stereotypical.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-about-to-defriend-everyone-on-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c43c1329-39bf-4e32-b720-f688b18d7756Post:412c49c1-2863-4766-803a-5465141e8bc7">Re: I'm about to defriend everyone on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poke - there was similar cartoon somewhere in my newsfeed. Something about a kid not wanting to stand up for the pledge of allegiance, and an obvious war veteran rolling in with a wheelchair and how he wish he could stand up for it. It's like..I get it, I guess...but there are more effective ways of voicing your opinion. Idk, it just rubbed me the wrong way. The kid in the cartoon that wasn't standing looked like a slob with this smug, defiant look on his face. It was just weird.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]
    I saw that yesterday and it pissed me off. Unless the vet in question is a WWII vet, he hasn't been fighting for my freedom. I'm sorry, but no war since WWII has been fought in the name of freedom. That's a damn fact. I don't mean to say that I don't have respect for the military or soldiers' service, I absolutely do. But they're not fighting for freedom, which is not the fault of their's, but of our governments. What's more? All speech is protected, not just speech filled with sweetness and light. So yeah, not standing up for the pledge is absolutely a right and no one has died for that right since 1945. 
  • Ooooh Rachers I love your new sig pic!

Also, yeah, I hate those kinds of cartoons. Now, I get it if they're saying that todays youth isn't patriotic enough. But if they're trying to say that the child represents democrats or something then I have a total issue with it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-about-to-defriend-everyone-on-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c43c1329-39bf-4e32-b720-f688b18d7756Post:b7fa9470-30d9-4930-8252-d0fbdcf48f0a">Re: I'm about to defriend everyone on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]...Monkeycare? Oh HELL NO they didn't.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>I think I've talked abot this guy before. We went to church together, but he hasn't went in years. He's definitely very racist. I've defriended him twice now over comments and he keeps adding me back.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-about-to-defriend-everyone-on-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c43c1329-39bf-4e32-b720-f688b18d7756Post:412c49c1-2863-4766-803a-5465141e8bc7">Re: I'm about to defriend everyone on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poke - there was similar cartoon somewhere in my newsfeed. Something about a kid not wanting to stand up for the pledge of allegiance, and an obvious war veteran rolling in with a wheelchair and how he wish he could stand up for it. It's like..I get it, I guess...but there are more effective ways of voicing your opinion. Idk, it just rubbed me the wrong way. The kid in the cartoon that wasn't standing looked like a slob with this smug, defiant look on his face. It was just weird.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I've seen that cartoon before. It does bother me when one of my students doesn't stand for the pledge of allegiance, but as much as my gut reaction is to guilt trip them into standing up (flameful, I know), it wouldn't do any good.</div>
  • Whitsy - it may be immature but you could change your status to "I'd rather have a REAL monkey for president than a closed minded bigot in my facebook friends list."
  • pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    And how do we know those drunken asshats are democrats?  I know an equal number of drunken asshat dems and reps.
  • How about this... FMIL posted a picture of a casket with a flag draped over it and underneath the caption read: "June 28, 2012. The day our Constitution died." I just had to pretend I didn't see that. LOL I know our poltical beliefs are very different but she is WAY more vocal about hers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • omg and this tweet from ben shapiro:

this is the greatest destruction of individual liberty since Dred Scott. This is the end of America as we know it. No exaggeration.

I'm just going to pretend he's confused about Dred Scott. I mean, he can't mean that in the way he wrote it. . .
  • There are a few people on my feed who I hide posts from, mainy scripture posts or those terrible "share this if you care" posts.  Ugh.  I'm glad that the vast majority of my fb friends are intelligent people who can have a decent debate about politics.  A bunch of the posts yesterday had to do with Commerce Clause versus Taxation, but that's due to my FI and a lot of our friends being law students or recent law school graduates.  I'm glad none of my OK family posted anything about it, I would have had to hide those posts immediately to keep the rage down.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-about-to-defriend-everyone-on-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c43c1329-39bf-4e32-b720-f688b18d7756Post:0eaae02b-cdba-429d-9372-424f2e948f97">Re: I'm about to defriend everyone on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whitsy - it may be immature but you could change your status to "I'd rather have a REAL monkey for president than a closed minded bigot in my facebook friends list."
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not sure he's smart enough to realize it would be about him.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-about-to-defriend-everyone-on-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c43c1329-39bf-4e32-b720-f688b18d7756Post:e7a78c69-3745-4816-9f08-d3dccf715b3d">Re: I'm about to defriend everyone on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg and this tweet from ben shapiro: this is the greatest destruction of individual liberty since Dred Scott. This is the end of America as we know it. No exaggeration. I'm just going to pretend he's confused about Dred Scott. I mean, he can't mean that in the way he wrote it. . .
    Posted by whitsy[/QUOTE]
    One can only hope, because omfg otherwise. I mean, I do agree that this legislation (healthcare) chips away at individual liberty, but uh, that doesn't equate to Dred Scott. There's no comparison you can make between the two that makes any damn sense. 
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-about-to-defriend-everyone-on-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c43c1329-39bf-4e32-b720-f688b18d7756Post:e7a78c69-3745-4816-9f08-d3dccf715b3d">Re: I'm about to defriend everyone on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg and this tweet from ben shapiro: this is the greatest destruction of individual liberty since Dred Scott. This is the end of America as we know it. No exaggeration. I'm just going to pretend he's confused about Dred Scott. I mean, he can't mean that in the way he wrote it. . .
    Posted by whitsy[/QUOTE]

<div>I could be wrong, but didn't the Dredd Scott decision rule that African Americans (whether they were slaves or not) were not US citizens and therefore not protected by the constitution?</div><div>
    </div><div>So, not saying that I agree with it, I do think he used it correctly.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:  HORRIBLE overexaggeration, however.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Whit - you need to mark that you don't know the guy next time he adds you back.  Then he can't add you again.

Also, I have a massive LC boner for her comments in this thread.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-about-to-defriend-everyone-on-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c43c1329-39bf-4e32-b720-f688b18d7756Post:c6ae1c85-594e-4235-b061-948e68a47751">Re: I'm about to defriend everyone on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]And how do we know those drunken asshats are democrats?  I know an equal number of drunken asshat dems and reps.
    Posted by pkontk[/QUOTE]

<div>Another very good point. </div><div>
    </div><div>Whitsy - I guess I should have figured that, considering he wasn't smart enough to realise you didn't particularly want him to be your FB friend after defriending him TWICE. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-about-to-defriend-everyone-on-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c43c1329-39bf-4e32-b720-f688b18d7756Post:a79d1b87-03ff-4402-bfb4-858f17820cde">Re: I'm about to defriend everyone on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whit - you need to mark that you don't know the guy next time he adds you back.  Then he can't add you again. Also, I have a massive LC boner for her comments in this thread.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>Good idea.</div>
  • Its funny because we clearly have completely different types of people on our friends lists. I have seen maybe one negative status. The rest are similar to yours except that they are uniformed euphoriadriven babble. Just as irritating.
  • Have you guys seen the one with "Brace yourself as everyone on facebook becomes constitutional scholars"? That is by far my favorite. I made tg he mistake of trying to discuss it in CW but apparently they can't have discussions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards