Wedding Etiquette Forum

New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!

Morning girls, anybody up?  I woke up early this morning, pretty excited to be in Toronto.  I keep peeking out the curtains of our hotel window looking at the city.  It is FAB!  FI is still sleeping away.  Today we will explore the city and then go to the big outdoor concert that is right next to our hotel.  Fireworks too!  Yes, I am five sometimes. 

Hope everyone has a great day and enjoys what ever activities they have going.  Life is too short to be grumpy! 

Re: New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!

• I'm up.  Resting the last few minutes before I start my to-do list.  I have to clean the spare room and kitchen, sweep, do laundry, make a grocery and alcohol run, etc.  Busy day before company comes!

Happy NYE!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Morning Sarabear and Bay. 

Bay, I forgot you have the party tonight.  Enjoy your guests.  I love catching up with friends in at a party.  You are getting so close to Cozumel.  I would be bouncing off the walls.  Sealed
  • Ski -- I am so excited.  We leave for Florida a week from tomorrow!  I still have to make sure I have everything necessary.  I tend to overpack though.

• Howdy, howdy!

We're doing a low-key NYE.  After a 1am ER visit yesterday a.m. Mr B isn't up for much.  Our NYE will be waiting to see if kidney stones make their appearance in 2011 or 2012.  =-/
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_new-years-eve-let-party-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d519f47b-166f-42e7-bd28-eaa75ee0baf5Post:269c9b19-b73b-4425-a634-b020ba527039">Re: New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ski -- I am so excited.  We leave for Florida a week from tomorrow!  I still have to make sure I have everything necessary.  I tend to overpack though.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Are you cruising out of the Tampa
    area?
    Edited because I suck at east/west this morning

• Bay, are you stopping through Tampa?  I could come and wave at you at the cruise terminal...  ;)
  • I'm about to head into work.  At least it's only 9-1 and at least I get paid time and a half, right?  RIGHT?

I'm feeling good bc H and I came up with a plan that would let us get pregnant in August and buy a house next April.  It does involve H either getting a second job or getting a better paying job ASAP.  And our landlord agreeing to give us a 6 month extension on our lease.  But it's a plan!  And I like it!

(this might double post, but I don't care, you NEED to know what I have to say this morning, haha)
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Aw B that sucks. Kidney stones are no bueno. I hope they pass soon.

I'm working today. I should be off around 6 or 7, but we don't have plans. We'll probably be in bed, asleep before midnight. #90yearoldoverhere
  • Oh Mrs B, that sounds miserable! I so sorry! I wish I was staying home though. Not looking forward o messing up Sparky's sleep schedule to spend an evening with people who arent my favorite.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • TR I like having plans. We're in the middle of like plan D right now on operation move MK to MD. It's frustrating.
  • oh MrsB that totally stinks for Mr.B.  I had kidney stones 6 weeks after I delivered my first child.  Totally worse than having a baby.  At least in my opinion.

MK and Sarah, I am so with you.  I am normally a be in bed by 9 pm type girl.  A nap will be required today if I am going to make it till midnight. 
  • No Tampa -- we're flying into Ft. Lauderdale and then going to Miami for the cruise.

Aww, poor Mr. B...hope he feels better soon!

• Yay for planning, TR!

Bay, am I big dork for being temporarily excited at the prospect of waving at your cruiseship?  All the Tampa boats pass by my normal dog walking route.  I'm a little sad now.  :(
  • I've heard the childbirth comparison before so it could be an interesting weekend.  I just hope they pass before we go back to work on Tuesday.  I can't imagine him being at school trying to teach when they finally decide to pass.  They gave him "loopy" meds and something that's like super strength Advil so that he can have functional pain meds, too. 

• Mica, don't be sad.  We are booking a flight right now to Ft Myers Beach for January.  I can finally, finally fly!

Bay, you are going to have the bestest time.  I love Ft Lauderdale, are you staying overnight in Ft Lauderdale or Miami?
  • Bay,  you might pass right over Orlando.  Baby Bee will wave to you - she likes waving at all the airplanes =-)

• B when I have kidney stones I'm always given phenergen for nausea, 800 milligram ibuprofin, and lortab for pain. One time I was given flomax (normally for men with prostate issues) and I passed the stone the next day.

Oh and if the pain is the same or worse than childbirth (like people always tell me), that doesn't really make me want to run out and have babies.
  • Good morning. We don't really have any set in stone plans for tonight. I really wanted to go somewhere but we'll probably end up on our couch :(

Today I am finally going to clean out my old bedroom at my mom's house. I'm not excited. I hate throwing things away but I've gone without those things for a long time so there is no point in keeping them.
  • We don't have plans for tonight either.  H has to work this morning/afternoon, so he wants to wait until he finishes to see how he feels.  :\
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_new-years-eve-let-party-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d519f47b-166f-42e7-bd28-eaa75ee0baf5Post:3e00e7f3-3ffe-426f-9797-7d66e147e718">Re: New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We don't have plans for tonight either.  H has to work this morning/afternoon, so he wants to wait until he finishes to see how he feels.  :\
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>Want to just meet halfway and go out together?</div>
  • Last year's NYE thread exceeded 2011 posts. You've got lots of posting to do today, ladies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_new-years-eve-let-party-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d519f47b-166f-42e7-bd28-eaa75ee0baf5Post:49253835-8f28-4209-b63f-9e9ceab8de4d">Re: New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Howdy, howdy! We're doing a low-key NYE.  After a 1am ER visit yesterday a.m. Mr B isn't up for much.  Our NYE will be waiting to see if kidney stones make their appearance in 2011 or 2012.  =-/
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]I'm so sorry you guys are dealing with this; my H has had kidney stone trouble for months now, so I sorta know (as a spouse, anyway) what you're going through.

Anyway, I was up at 7:45 'cause H had to go to work, then the plumbers came at 8:15 to fix the heat. Tonight we'll go to dinner, come home, watch TV & drink eggnog.
  • MK- yeah, this is Plan B so far, I think. I'm sure there will be others bc this assumes savings starting in Jan. which is tomorrow. So H needs a new job stat.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Yeah when I had a kidney stone in high school, they pumped me up on Lortab. I was flying high for 3 days and didn't feel the kidney stone at all anymore. Does Mr. B have any pain meds for it? If not, I would ask for some. It makes it so much easier.

We're not doing anything tonight for NYE and I"m thankful for that now. I'm sooooooooo hungover after going out with LVB and Mr. LVB last night.
  • Okay, I guess I need to get off my ass and do some stuff around the house before I go to my mom's.

I'll probably see you guys for the 2012 post thread. Because I'm lame.
  • Good morning!

H and I have been around my parents for a few days, hanging out with friends and family and being lazy.  We are going to a NYE party tonight, but I'm planning to take it easy on the drinking.  We have to drive home tomorrow, and I really don't want to do that hungover.

I hope Mr. B feels better soon!
  • Good morning!

I'm at work for the next 9+ hours. And running on 4 hours of sleep... AND we're having people over when I get off. FI is sleeping in right now... that jerk.
  • Morning! I'm not sure what H and I will be doing today. I am getting over a sinus infection and he is getting over food poisoning so we are not at our best today. I kind of just want to stay in and lounge around together. 

I've heard the kidney stone/pregnancy comparison. I have never had either so I don't know, but I know it doesn't sound pleasant. That's all I got. 
  • Good morning! We are just going to hang around the house today. I'm so glad we didn't make any plans. After being gone for a week it will be nice to be at home.

I love having plans. Problem is that all the plans are in my head. FI is pretty whatever about things so I feel like I'm always the one planning or bringing up important things to talk about.

Yay for the cruise Bay! I love cruising.

I hope Mr. B gets well soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards