Wedding Etiquette Forum

Poll: Favorite Dog Breed

Re: Poll: Favorite Dog Breed

• aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2010
    thanks daff!  His name is Titus, he is a hound/pointer cross as best as I can tell.  He is a 6yr old puppy. I actually adopted him from a research colony-(although that makes it sound like bad things were done to him which is not the case).  

Because he was in a kennel for 4 yrs he had to learn about a lot of things when I got him, including toys.  The first time he squeaked a toy he jumped in the air and then hid behind me. To this day he "tests" all new toys by pushing them with his nose before biting them.  He now loves to just squeak his tennis ball to wake me up.

I don't have to many pics because he is still scared of the camera.  My siggy is him actually being bad.  I called him and he didn't come so I got mad and he army crawled up the sidewalk wagging his tail.

70lb dog can curl up into the smallest ball.

the future Titus York  playing with his peppermint patty toy.  He kills squeakers without pulling out the insides. I have a talented dog.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-favorite-dog-breed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d1ef7f78-2496-4fff-8d50-5dd1915d9a99Post:1b5d6085-af31-48c1-b201-dd287260bef9">Re: Poll: Favorite Dog Breed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
    Posted by luckyme502[/QUOTE]

Same here!
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Irish Setters or Golden Retrievers
  • Golden Retriever, but I, too, am quite biased. Brinkley has such a winning smile.

Second, Great Danes. We're getting one shortly.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Yeah TJ, you've got a house now.  The next logical step is Great Dane.Smile Brinkley wants a friend. He told me so.
  • awww, i love titus. the only dogs i've ever owned have been 2 foxhounds and a german shorthaired pointer. titus is a pup after my own heart. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-favorite-dog-breed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d1ef7f78-2496-4fff-8d50-5dd1915d9a99Post:d3bc248e-47bd-423d-807a-436a6bcb3742">Re: Poll: Favorite Dog Breed</a>:
    [QUOTE]PUG!! they are cuter than words and I just love their faces and tails and personalities and everything about them.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more! I have an 11 mos old black male Pug and I'm pretty obsessed. They have amazing temperments and he always makes me laugh.
  • westies!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • I totally read this wrong.  Based on looks alone

Great Danes and English Bulldogs  :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-favorite-dog-breed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d1ef7f78-2496-4fff-8d50-5dd1915d9a99Post:23273eb4-ca44-428c-a69d-f18ccf2ddeef">Re: Poll: Favorite Dog Breed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah TJ, you've got a house now.  The next logical step is Great Dane.  Brinkley wants a friend. He told me so.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

<div>We're going to have to wait a little bit because of Brinkley, actually. He's (not unexpectedly) having a rough time with the move, but we have only been here for two days and not everything is unpacked yet, so hopefully he'll settle.</div><div>
    </div><div>But we do have an awwwwful lot of space here... it's crying for a Great Dane.</div>
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-favorite-dog-breed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d1ef7f78-2496-4fff-8d50-5dd1915d9a99Post:adb127d7-9b92-439f-9f89-37e088c8e4be">Re: Poll: Favorite Dog Breed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Favorite Dog Breed : I couldn't agree more! I have an 11 mos old black male Pug and I'm pretty obsessed. They have amazing temperments and he always makes me laugh.
    Posted by Mofongo[/QUOTE]
    Totally!! Mine is almost 3 and though he has settled down he still makes us laugh all the time, hes just a funny guy. Pugs are the greatest dog ever.
  • and thanks daff.  I love my puppy dog, and its been funny watching him win over FI's heart.  FI used to firmly believe dogs belonged outside, now he likes having TItus inside with us.
    Fred Rogers
  • Once we get a house were getting either a giant schnauzer or a great dane. Cannot wait. Too bad a house is years away at this point :(
  • I don't know Nebb, my aussie may have to go head to head with your pug for best dog ever.  ;)
    She follows me everywhere, all the time, and she thinks I am the coolest person ever.

• I love how Italian Greyhounds look- so skinny and strange looking!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nebb - Is it me or do you find Pug lovers a little cooky (myself included). I took PoBoy (my dog) to a dog parade last weekend and this older lady came running out of nowhere and started sceaming, 'A Pug, a Pug' She picked him up and he was licking her face. I'm not that bad, but I do sort of act like I've stumbled across gold everytime I see a Pug in public.
  • Dalmatians
    Samoyeds
    Malamutes/Shepherds
    Bernese Mountain Dog
    English Shepherd
    Any Shepherd!
    image photo DSCF1711-h2o.jpg image

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-favorite-dog-breed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d1ef7f78-2496-4fff-8d50-5dd1915d9a99Post:1db13e75-bb93-445a-92f7-c6ca0bd20243">Re: Poll: Favorite Dog Breed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb - Is it me or do you find Pug lovers a little cooky (myself included). I took PoBoy (my dog) to a dog parade last weekend and this older lady came running out of nowhere and started sceaming, 'A Pug, a Pug' She picked him up and he was licking her face. I'm not that bad, but I do sort of act like I've stumbled across gold everytime I see a Pug in public.
    Posted by Mofongo[/QUOTE]
    Hahah good luck to anyone who wants to pick my dog up, he will jump around and wont let anyone grab him. We cant let him outside off the leash most of the time because we cannot catch him. I love seeing pugs on the street, its so exciting. I do find that pug owners are a tad eccentric though, and I think its awesome.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-favorite-dog-breed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d1ef7f78-2496-4fff-8d50-5dd1915d9a99Post:02a00312-63b1-4513-acd5-161841c49c45">Re: Poll: Favorite Dog Breed</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I don't know Nebb, my aussie may have to go head to head with your pug for best dog ever</strong>.  ;) She follows me everywhere, all the time, and she thinks I am the coolest person ever.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
    No dice. My vincent wins every time.
  • As long as we're talking crazy dog love, I have a folder on my computer that consists entirely of pictures of pretty dogs. I stalk rescue sites, and also note breed and cross breeds.
  • Newfoundlands, golden retrievers and English bulldogs :)
  • Can he jump 6 ft in the air? Can he herd people that annoy you? Does he periodically fall down and twitch if you forget his medication? Oh wait....
  • Boxers. They are adorable.
    My second favorite would have to be a Great Dane. Who can resist a gigantic dog?

• Newfoundlands, Bernese Mountain Dogs & Saint Bernards

Irish Setters, English Springer Spaniels

MH grew up with and loves Shi-tzus
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really do love my puggles, they're so cute.

But if we're going with a true purebred, I'd have to say Great Dane
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • golden retriever. specifically, English golden retriever. :)

Murphy is half American, half English. I lubs him.

in the bluebonnets the day of our engagement.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Probably Bernese Mountian Dogs... or chocolate labs.

But my puppy is 1/2 Springer Spaniel and 1/2 Greater Swiss Mountian Dog, so when you cross the swissie and the spaniel, he has a cross between the Bernie and the lab in cuteness.
  • Hm, well I'm totally biased, but I say Ozzie Dogs.  :)  He's a Lhasa / Shih Tzu mix, so that mix is my fave.

Otherwise... I also like the Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, but I feel a little like I'm cheating by even typing that.
  • While I love my rat terriers, on looks alone, I would have to go with Westies, Weimerammers, and Huskies.

I want a Husky very badly, but being in Southern Mississippi, I just don't think a husky would be happy.

Our friends just got a Great Dane named Andy, and he is one of the smartest dogs I have ever met!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards