Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Tipping the DJ??

Ok, so my Fi and I were planning on having an ipod for music (it allows us to stay within our budget).  Some very very close friends of ours (the husband is our officant) decided to as a wedding gift to pay for us to have a DJ.  A incredible sweet gesture!!

I have read all the tips from other knotties and do have a back up plan (ipod still possible).

So who pays for the DJ's tip?  I haven't asked our friends this question, cause I don't want them to think I am being greedy and asking for more from them.  My Fi and I are extremely gratiful and thankful for the gift.  I just want to make sure we plan for a tip in our budget is we need it.

Re: Tipping the DJ??

• Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    I would plan for it, and if they end up tipping the DJ as part of their gift, then you'll have some extra cash.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    I have a feeling its one of those things where if they thought about it they would totally do it, but it is improper to ask them.  So, in the end, you will probably be tipping the DJ.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tipping-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:523bd4f5-2669-42ac-9ac6-84d55ca61a9fPost:15b1823b-53da-4774-80d9-ee3c7c02fbc5">Re: Tipping the DJ??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a feeling its one of those things where if they thought about it they would totally do it, but it is improper to ask them.  So, in the end, you will probably be tipping the DJ.
    Posted by Juxtaposition00[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I agree! </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Does the DJ run his/her own business or is he/she part of a company that contracts DJs out?  If your DJ runs his/her own business I am pretty sure that you do not need to provide a tip as he/she is receiving the 100% of the profits.  If not, I would plan on setting aside tip money just to be safe.
  • Options
    my dad and stepmom (who paid for our wedding) tipped ours. he was an employee with a larger company.

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards