Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon in MEXICO where to go?

where to go? open to all (safe) mexico areas with blue waters and white sands! =)  looking to be pampered some 4-5 star resorts.... any suggestions....?

Re: Honeymoon in MEXICO where to go?

• Being from AZ as well, I'd say that it's easiest to head to Cabo, but you won't get the amazing blue waters there. You'll have to head to Cancun/Riviera Maya. What is your budget?

• I would suggest Isla Mujeres, which is where we went for our honeymoon. It's a small island, and definitely has the tropicla vibe without being too touristy.
  • pearls687pearls687 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012

Iberostar Grand Paraiso in Riviera Maya is a perfect fit for what you're looking for!

http://www.thegrandcollection.com/en/hotels/riviera-maya/iberostar-grand-hotel-paraiso

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We went to Valentin Imperial Maya in Playa del Carmen. We loved it, it was adults only AI, and it was affordable for us.
  • Anywhere in the Riviera Maya region. Beautiful water, great staff and no matter where you go they wait on you hand and foot. Amazing!

• We are heading to Valentin Imperial Maya after our 11/11/12 wedding- we've heard great reviews and it was affordable
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Sun Palace in Cancun.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-in-mexico-where-to-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:2aaa5d25-544e-4f25-ac5d-3b51bce02101Post:621d0121-227b-4763-8db8-cb6dc0a73213">Honeymoon in MEXICO where to go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]where to go? open to all (safe) mexico areas with blue waters and white sands! =)  looking to be pampered some 4-5 star resorts.... any suggestions....?
    Posted by AZBARRELRACER[/QUOTE]

<div>The Royal in Cancun. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Excellence Playa Mujeres
  • Another vote for Valentin Imperial Maya. They're very affordable and a great resort. 
  • that really depends on the budget you have. i've been to a few different places (dh and i have been 10 times over the past 10 years)-really loved them all actually-but that was on my budget, not yours.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-in-mexico-where-to-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:2aaa5d25-544e-4f25-ac5d-3b51bce02101Post:2b85631a-0da1-4d22-abaa-5934dcc2cee7">Re: Honeymoon in MEXICO where to go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Honeymoon in MEXICO where to go? : The Royal in Cancun. 
    Posted by JadziaDax[/QUOTE]
    This is where we are staying in May. I've heard such great things about it and a lady on the boards has a whole review of it (I believe her name is Kristy... not sure of username?). She even had videos and we couldn't turn it down after looking at them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Honeymoon in MEXICO where to go?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon in MEXICO where to go?:In Response to Honeymoon in MEXICO where to go? : The Royal in Cancun.nbsp;Posted by JadziaDaxThis is where we are staying in May. I've heard such great things about it and a lady on the boards has a whole review of it I believe her name is Kristy... not sure of username?. She even had videos and we couldn't turn it down after looking at them! Posted by TogetherPerfect[/QUOTE]
    Yup,that's me. We went in 2010 and stayed at The Royal and are headed back in April. Link to review,pics and video is above my siggy pic. HTH
  • RIvieria Maya; Iberostar Grand Paraiso (I would not recommend any of the other hotels on the Iberostar resort though) or Secrets Maroma Beach
  • We just returned from Secrets Maroma to check out this resort for our Destination Wedding and we loved it.  We booked this with gosecretsresorts.com and got a super price.  They highly recommended it and we could not have been happier.  Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-in-mexico-where-to-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:2aaa5d25-544e-4f25-ac5d-3b51bce02101Post:d40d928e-2b6e-4e3a-a26e-f7041bdf83a7">Re: Honeymoon in MEXICO where to go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just returned from Secrets Maroma to check out this resort for our Destination Wedding and we loved it.  We booked this with gosecretsresorts.com and got a super price.  They highly recommended it and we could not have been happier.  Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help.
    Posted by goget2013[/QUOTE]

Tell us more about your wedding; no offense but as your first post this seems like spam
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-in-mexico-where-to-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:2aaa5d25-544e-4f25-ac5d-3b51bce02101Post:85f023df-b911-441c-922b-a20d0ddaaa5f">Re: Honeymoon in MEXICO where to go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We went to Valentin Imperial Maya in Playa del Carmen. We loved it, it was adults only AI, and it was affordable for us.
    </strong>Posted by jelenybeany[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. Went there last October and had a fabulous time. Affordable and amazing!
  • The Palace Resort in Cancun is an affordable AI. 
  • We are going to the Iberostar Grand in Playa Paraiso in 7 days!!  I have heard nothing but great things about the resort :)
    Anniversary
  • we've booked at the Royal Playa del Carmen- it's received amazing review! Super excited!

• For my fiances bday we went to Cabo and it was great! We are going to have our honeymoon in Puerto Vallerta, I personally think its going to be awesome because of all the activities you can do down there. Such as: Scuba diving, snokeling, private beaches, candlelit beach dinners, cruises, rainforest tours, horse back riding, swimming with the dolphins and so much more! Thats some of the stuff we booked for our Honeymoon. Its super cheap too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards