Honeymoon Discussions

Malta honeymoon...to rent a car or not?

We are going to London and then down to Malta for our honeymoon next month.  Well...a week actually!

One thing that I'm still not sure of is if we should rent a car for Malta.  We do plan on going to Gozo and taking a boat up to Siciliy as well while we're there.  Any advice?

I know it's a small island and I thought the public transport was pretty good.  So I'm not 100% sure we would need to rent a car or not.

Any advice would be apreciated!

Re: Malta honeymoon...to rent a car or not?

• i'd say no. you can always change your mind when you get there if you want.

and enjoy sicily-it's one of my favorite places.

• No idea, just wanted to say that I am incredibly jealous. My mother's whole side of the fam is from Malta and I am dying to go. So gorgeous. Have a great time!
    June 16, 2012
  • Is that even enough time to secure an international driver's license?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_malta-honeymoonto-rent-a-car-or-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:6a36c387-3056-458d-aa2d-97733b820078Post:1881f6c7-1a8d-4609-a243-44fe3b3af7ea">Re: Malta honeymoon...to rent a car or not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that even enough time to secure an international driver's license?
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]
    Uuuuhhhhh...what's that now???
  • Check the rules for Malta.  Most countries will let you rent/drive a vehicle with your US DL, but others won't.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_malta-honeymoonto-rent-a-car-or-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:6a36c387-3056-458d-aa2d-97733b820078Post:4866a651-728b-47e2-ace8-c7991a46fc57">Re: Malta honeymoon...to rent a car or not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Malta honeymoon...to rent a car or not? : Uuuuhhhhh...what's that now???
    Posted by ned4spd8874[/QUOTE]

if malta requires one sure you can go to AAA and get one I believe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards