Snarky Brides

AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)

Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)

• Oh wow Nebb.  Thats scary.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Omg Nebb that is awful!  :(
    panther
  • What omg Nebb! Was the woman ok? The poor kid :(
  • M, I think it was someone else on the scene's kid, not the woman who overdosed. But still, WTF!
  • reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holy sh*t, Nebb! Not cool! I feel bad for the kid :(

ETA: unless I misread like M
    Photobucket
  • The only plus side I can see is my brother was with us and seems pretty shaken up over it, I think cause of all the drug drama with him lately. I still feel shooken up, jesus. I don't know if she's ok or not either, they loaded her into the ambulance and its still out there.
  • adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:b183f564-6629-4a74-a917-c5f48e27754a">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I also just point out that Eagles shouldn't even be posting, since she's, you know, a vendor. I don't giveashit if people post when they work in the wedding industry, but posters have been banned for far less.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Seriously?  Yes, she works in a jewelry store.  I have never once seen her try to solicit a poster.  She might give out jewelry advice, but I don't see how that would be an issue since that's kind of what the boards are here for.

ETA: And now I feel like an ass for posting this after the overdose story.  That's scary shiit.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • No no it was the kid of someone who got out of their car to help, not the woman who OD'd
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:33c58752-2375-405b-ba82-d1c87de602f8">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]No no it was the kid of someone who got out of their car to help, not the woman who OD'd
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Okay good, still scary for the kid, but good that isn't his mom. Yikes.</div>
    Photobucket
  • Frig, sorry to derail AYG, I was just shocked
  • Holy crap, Nebb, that's scary. Hopefully she's ok, and maybe your bro got a good life lesson from it. 

I don't know if this has been discussed, but is everyone else not able to sort by post that was last updated? Even when I un-check the box it still gives me the order that the threads were started.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • <div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:b183f564-6629-4a74-a917-c5f48e27754a">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I also just point out that Eagles shouldn't even be posting, since she's, you know, a vendor. I don't giveashit if people post when they work in the wedding industry, but posters have been banned for far less.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]
    Really? That's a can of worms you'd like to open?<div>
    </div><div>There's someone in this thread who has a "favors" company. There's also a wedding planner in here. </div></div>
  • Dude, adamar. I never said I agreed with TK TOS. on fact I said I don'tgiveashit. But TK does. If she was smart she wouldn't talk about her job and it wouldn't be an issue. common sense. If no one knows you work in the wedding industry, who cares? Like I said I've seen people banned for far less.
  • DMills, it doesn't work for me anymore. It is driving me crazy.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:1f7760b4-13fa-497e-9eff-41807a6d7d06">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to  Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Really? That's a can of worms you'd like to open? There's someone in this thread who has a "favors" company. There's also a wedding planner in here. 
    Posted by PrincessToadstool1[/QUOTE]

Are you really too chickenshit to say this under your real SN?  Classy

ETA - And also, I think the difference is that Eagles talks about her job all the time and I've even seen people refer posters with jewelry questions to her.  The "favors" person and the wedding planner never post about that shiit on TK.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:1f7760b4-13fa-497e-9eff-41807a6d7d06">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to  Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Really? That's a can of worms you'd like to open? There's someone in this thread who has a "favors" company. There's also a wedding planner in here. 

Do they talk about it on here though?

Your AE is super cute.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:1f7760b4-13fa-497e-9eff-41807a6d7d06">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:

Cute AE. is that you, spineless Eagles?

There's a difference. neither of those posters talk about it on the boards. I don't even know who the wedding planner is?
  • Apparently I have no idea what anyone does for work.
  • adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be a nitpicky asshole right before I have to leave work, the TOS don't say no vendors.  They just say no soliciting.  Eagles doesn't solicit. 

And now I will ride off to my doctor's appointment on my high horse.

ETA: Crap, I am an asshole and I read the wrong thing.  NEVERMIND ME, FOLKS.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I believe one of them is kokes28 from the PS fracas.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • I'm not Eagles.

I'll accept the "Spineless" though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:a5dd7440-830a-4763-b25d-2e40d5fd9bee">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]DMills, it doesn't work for me anymore<strong>. It is driving me crazy</strong>.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]
    I hope they get it fixed...it's driving me crazy, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have no clue who the favors person is. That must mean they don't talk about their job or solicit much.
  • All I know is back in the day frankie never solicited and she still got banned. She also never talked about her "business" but another poster did. Eagles talks openly about what she does so she's a step ahead in that regard.
  • TSP never solicited, but she too was banned. You don't have to solicit to get banned.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:fe3a0985-28d5-43a3-bb3a-f738e11a5ed8">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not Eagles<strong>. I'll accept the "Spineless" though.</strong>
    There's a better word for you, but it's not worth my time to get banned over an AE.
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:e7225e92-c33a-4534-b11f-dc0e5db08d08">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]TSP never solicited, but she too was banned. You don't have to solicit to get banned.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Huh.  I always wondered what happened to her.

I don't know if I'd consider Eagles a "vendor" just because she works with jewelry.  I work for a church, and I help with the weddings.  Would you consider me a vendor?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Personally, PrincessAE, if you're such a good friend of Eagles - I'd be pissed if I were her.  You can't even show your own face when you're sticking up for her.  Nice.
    panther
  • edited December 2011
    I've also had KA tell me I had to ban people because someone said the person VOLUNTEERED to help out day-of at their wedding.
  • I think anyone involved in the wedding business is essentially a vendor. BUT if they don't talk about it (I mean never), then I wouldn't consider them breaking TOS. But TK does have this in its TOS: 'Wedding professionals involved in a wedding-related enterprise cannot post any information on The Knot message boards, even if offering services free of charge.' I'm not sure what TK considers a wedding professional, but I don't think anyone should be talking about anything they do with the wedding business/industry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards