Snarky Brides

Come out, come out lurkers

Re: Come out, come out lurkers

• Krysti!  Way to name some names, even if you went with safe choices.  Better than not naming names at all.  I'll take it.  I don't like them either.  Though, I like Tay because she's fun to poke at.  And I like to poke at people.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I feel like naming the typical people - the trolls, the widely unliked posters - is a cop out. Its like saying "I hate mosquitos!!!", everyone hates them, its nothing exceptional to say so.
  • Yep, the switch over sucked. I really do need to start posting now.  I have been mostly lurking for 9 months and am starting to feel super creepy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like mosquitos. 

Poke.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:bfcb4291-df63-42b0-af0f-be7093969d06">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep, the switch over sucked. I really do need to start posting now.  I have been mostly lurking for 9 months and am starting to feel super creepy.
    Posted by katiepoppy[/QUOTE]

I think what makes it even creepier is the fact that your dog is totally checking me out. 

• I will say that I am happy capri stopped posting over here. I am fine seeing her on other boards, but I am happy she is off of E and SB.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:121122da-2a9a-4ca9-9eb0-cd8f14fbcbc8">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like mosquitos.  Poke.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    Youre such a liar, I know this for a fact. "Hey nebb, you will get an email from me tonight".
  • He just wants a better look at DDP kitty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Excuse me, y'all.  I'll be right back.  I need to go email Nebb to prove to her that I like mosquitos.

• NebbNebb member
    Nothing like taunting emails out of people.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:cc954772-98dc-4118-b4eb-74f9b11f823d">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like naming the typical people - the trolls, the widely unliked posters - is a cop out. Its like saying "I hate mosquitos!!!", everyone hates them, its nothing exceptional to say so.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I'm sure that when/if I start posting more, I'll have some disagreements with people and may come to dislike some. I will say that I was a little put off by something Eastunder said in reply to one of my posts the other day, but I wouldn't say that I actually dislike her for it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:7d03a8c7-c0dd-43aa-a295-b6cbad1255b3">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : Fair enough. I'm sure that when/if I start posting more, I'll have some disagreements with people and may come to dislike some. I will say that I was a little put off by something Eastunder said in reply to one of my posts the other day, but I wouldn't say that I actually dislike her for it.
    Posted by Krysti21[/QUOTE]

See, that's unfortunate because I love East and I love that she's been posting here.  What did she say?

• It was mostly an eye-roll type thing. She called my answer "canned" and "thrown together" or something like that. Not a big deal.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:ef5368a5-c632-423a-9dcb-c6c942f99f6f">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : <strong>See, that's unfortunate because I love East and I love that she's been posting here</strong>.  What did she say?
    I agree, I think East has one of the soundest opinions on the block. She is spot on pretty much all of the time.
  • When is your wedding?  August 14, 2010

Why don't you post? I'm kinda lazy, and you all generally say what I would write anyway.

Who's your fave? I don't have a favorite because you are all hatters who like to hat.

If you could be any color of M&Ms, what color would you be and why? I would be the brown one because no one prefers brown M&M's and therefore I might have a lhigher chance of survival.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:72a9450e-89f9-46f9-a2b7-f6ef7e8c2efa">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : I agree, I think East has one of the soundest opinions on the block. She is spot on pretty much all of the time.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read the post differently than she did. It's totally possible that she was right, but at the time I was a little like...Hey!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:1dc74498-7726-40fa-b7f1-aed55ab0e7cc">Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi.  Tell me about yourself.  <strong>I'm from MN, where the cool is.  That's all we need to know!</strong>  When is your wedding?  <strong>Sept 23, 2010, Oahu Hawaii</strong> Why don't you post?  <strong>Because I work second shift, and do other crap during the morning.  Boo</strong>  Who's your fave?  <strong>I don't do faves</strong> Pretend we have control over who posts here--who would you kick off the SB island?  <strong>Since I don't pay enough attention here until now, no idea</strong>  If you could be any color of M&Ms, what color would you be and why?  <strong>Red, no idea why.</strong>

Hiiiiii!!!!!!
  • Mocha! Hi!
  • Hi Steffy!  Aug 14 is one of my friend's birthdays.  I know you care.

Yeah, Krysti, that's pretty tame compared to some of that crap that's been said.  (Not by East, specifically, I just mean in general.)  But I won't hold it against you ;)

HIIIIIIIII MOCHA!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:141a6726-ef03-49db-b4d2-de79bb67c035">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Steffy!  Aug 14 is one of my friend's birthdays.  I know you care. Yeah, Krysti, that's pretty tame compared to some of that crap that's been said.  (Not by East, specifically, I just mean in general.)  But I won't hold it against you ;) HIIIIIIIII MOCHA!!

Yeah. I swear I'm not all butthurt about it. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt. :)
  • Hello hello hello!  Apparently the cewl people are here, I might have to hang out for a bit.
  • Ha. Where have you been Mocha?
  • NebbNebb member
    MOCHA! hows the job going, you started the new job right? How awesome was it quitting?
  • You should stay.  We don't get eleventy billion "ZOMG DO I HAVE TO INVITE MY MOM'S BOYFRIEND'S KID'S DOG???" and "INVITE WORDING HALP!" questions.

• I have a question for you ladies. What is the "real reason" that y'all switched to posting over here? Danieliza (?, the E mod) kept hinting at some backstory or real story that everyone knows/doesn't know in a FFF or something.

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• NebbNebb member
    For some reason I thought you just said something about Zombies J&K and it reminded me of something that happened today. Adam and I were at the book store and he LOVES Craig Ferguson and he was reading the back of his book and he goes "Did you know craig ferguson committed suicide!" (which I know isnt a thing one would normally laugh at, but it cracked me right up all things considered), and I commented that I didnt know that, but he is the best looking zombie ive ever seen.

That story kind of sucked, im sorry.
  • Not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure Aug. 14 is everyone's birthday/aniversary/day they die. But it works for us :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:68523d89-e759-4681-ac28-fd90344477a5">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a question for you ladies. What is the "real reason" that y'all switched to posting over here? Danieliza (?, the E mod) kept hinting at some backstory or real story that everyone knows/doesn't know in a FFF or something.
    Posted by csuperstar02[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, the "real reason" is that people were board hopping and saw that there were some crazy ass uninhibited newbs running around on this board giving craptastical advice.  So a few of them hung out to help correct the problem.  Then they realized this board was kind of fun, and there were far fewer lame posts here than on E.  So a few more of us started board hopping to be able to post with posters that we liked.   Then we got crucified as a whole for only posting about poop and girl on girl action.  I still hang out on both boards, but this one has had more threads that interest me lately, so I find myself here more than E.  I go where the action is, yo.

• Steffy, that will make it easy for all your friends and family to remember.

Nebbins (it's like nubbins!), I'm amused to picture you talking about zombies and laughing hysterically in the middle of the book store.

• I don't recall reading about poop or girl on girl action on this board. I think i'd remember something like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards