Snarky Brides

Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)

I hope everyone has a day full of love!

We're having our Valentine's/100-day party at school today.  I'll be town to 5 students today because one is in Colorado and the other doesn't celebrate Valentine's day.  It should still be fun though!

Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)

• Good morning!! I had an early start after the automated system at my H's workplace called his phone at 4:45 and the ringtone was sooo loud and scared me awake. I was super annoyed but then I saw he left a mushy card and chocolate bar in my purse this morning so I couldn't be annoyed anymore!

Chels, what is a 100-day party? Is it the 100th day of school for this schoolyear?
  • Lastnight I found a mystery beer in the fridge, and I thought we were out of beer. It was a pretty magical moment. I found out Adam had found it behind some things and left it for me. That husband of mine sure does love me.

Adam works late tonight so I might just have soft boiled eggs for dinner and lounge in bed and read when I get home. Im re-reading the help, sorta as a cheat, because I read it so fast the first time. Im still competing with Adam, even though after finishing the last book I read he is no where close.
  • Why doesn't the kid celebrate V Day?

I'm up early, at work for my LAST 12 hour shift for awhile. thank goodness. All I want to do is sleep!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Morning!

I made these to bring in today and omg they are tasty.

The perfect combo of sweet and salty, just the way I like it.

Tonight we're making lasagna and maybe spending a romantic evening at Home Depot.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope someone brings candy to my work! :) I have been a candyholic lately.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-valentines-day-aka-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:21d154a5-6d5f-42d9-80ce-20019931977dPost:8c306ae8-1f68-49c4-9235-d56af3d801d7">Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!! I had an early start after the automated system at my H's workplace called his phone at 4:45 and the ringtone was sooo loud and scared me awake. I was super annoyed but then I saw he left a mushy card and chocolate bar in my purse this morning so I couldn't be annoyed anymore! Chels, what is a 100-day party? <strong>Is it the 100th day of school for this schoolyear?</strong>
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

Yep!  It's tomorrow, but I decided to mesh the two parties into one as to not throw off our week :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-valentines-day-aka-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:21d154a5-6d5f-42d9-80ce-20019931977dPost:cce94c55-131d-47c0-bd1f-314278f9d693">Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Why doesn't the kid celebrate V Day?</strong> I'm up early, at work for my LAST 12 hour shift for awhile. thank goodness. All I want to do is sleep!
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

No clue.  Her parents are really finnicky with her.  Her parents are the ones that originally wanted to pre-screen every lesson i do to make sure it was appropriate.  I met them in the middle and said they can screen any video I do ahead of time (because videos were the biggest issue).  It all started when I showed Ratatouille (aka one of the only G rated films in our day) as a treat to the kids.  They didn't like it because it showed one kiss for like 2 seconds.  They also don't celebrate Halloween either and had even asked me to keep her away from the Halloween decorations on the lower level of the school.
  • Good morning!  Work will be insane today but H actually remembered to call for a reservation at our favorite place this year (he always forgets to call and we usually end up doing nothing or waiting in line for hours to eat) so we will actually be going out to celebrate valentines day.  I have had his card for a while but I'm working on a heart of words in Photoshop with reasons why I love him and it's going to be totally awesome!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Morning!

I don't know if you guys have heard/seen this story... it was mainly on the news in MA and FL BUT Avalanna finally got her wish to meet the Biebs :)  

A friend of mine had been working closely with her family and nonstop through social media to make this happen and yesterday it finally did!  She is such a sweetie and I'm so happy she finally got her wish.  

It definitely has put things into perspective for me.  I mean, I sit and complain about work, my car, and various other things.  Avalanna has the brightest outlook on life and such a positive spirit though she's suffering from brain cancer.  It makes my "problems" seem SO incredibly stupid and irrelevant.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-valentines-day-aka-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:21d154a5-6d5f-42d9-80ce-20019931977dPost:4a51cec2-2ab2-4251-90ec-681f9b2be253">Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I made these to bring in today and omg they are tasty. The perfect combo of sweet and salty, just the way I like it. Tonight we're making lasagna and maybe spending a romantic evening at Home Depot.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

Those look delish.  And I get to spend my lunch hour at Home Depot trying to figure out where the other half of our registry went because they wouldn't call FI back last night. (In case you missed it last night in the evening thread, FI went to get a printout of the registry so we could crosscheck our registries to make sure we didn't double up anywhere and about half of it is missing... and this is a registry you have to write down as you walk through the store because they don't have scanner guns.  It took us like 2 1/2 hours).
  • Good Morning all!

Happy 100th day, Chels - we celebrated ours some time last week :)

L - I saw that story on Fox this morning, it was so sweet, I almost cried. I thought it was really sweet that he flew here to meet with that little girl.

Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!
  • Ok, what good is it to keep your child away from happy celebrations? Weird. That child is going to be sheltered and rebel.

I love all the cute ideas you guys have for V Day, though!

• Good morning. I'm waiting for the pharmacy to open so I can call in a refill, then just a regular workday. HR gave everyone chocolate so that's my V-day gift. I hope it doesn't suck.

Justified is on tonight and I can't wait. The show has taken an interesting turn so I'm eager to see how they play out this storyline.
  • I went to work with my shirt inside out. That doesn't bode well for the rest of my day. 

FH are ignoring V'Day in favor of our 2 year dating anniversary on Friday. I think we're doing laundry tonight since the laundromat will be empty. Our secretary brought in cupcakes though so this day isn't a total loss. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-valentines-day-aka-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:21d154a5-6d5f-42d9-80ce-20019931977dPost:129d48b0-4199-4bf8-9cdd-0d0200f6368d">Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning all! Happy 100th day, Chels - we celebrated ours some time last week :) <strong>L - I saw that story on Fox this morning, it was so sweet, I almost cried. I thought it was really sweet that he flew here to meet with that little girl.</strong> Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!
    Posted by MRSBJS[/QUOTE]

<div>The pics my friend posted on FB almost made me cry.  It was so wonderful to see.  It was great they did it right at Valentines Day since she had a "wedding" to JBiebs in the past :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-valentines-day-aka-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:21d154a5-6d5f-42d9-80ce-20019931977dPost:a3820be3-9080-4de8-bb12-d7749164503b">Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread) : The pics my friend posted on FB almost made me cry.  It was so wonderful to see.  It was great they did it right at Valentines Day since she had a "wedding" to JBiebs in the past :)
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Aww I didn't know about the "wedding" lol how cute!
  • Good morning. Day 2 of 8 in a row at work and it's going so slow. I already want it to be over. We don't celebrate V-day. I think it's silly. Most people don't even know who St. Valentine really was or what he did. I just think that if he wants to buy me something he should just buy it any day, not because a holiday dictates he should.

Chels- Those parents are ridiculous. I will never understand them. I am sure they think they are helping the child but they aren't. Hover mothering is not a good thing. That kid will probably have a hard adult life.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I don't really do Valentine's Day. It's more a day of remembrance and celebration of life for our family, but I did manage to wear a little pink and red today.
  • Tomorrow is actually adam and I's 8 year "together" anniversary. I know we aren't "supposed" to achnowledge it now that were married but I don't "care".
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-valentines-day-aka-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:21d154a5-6d5f-42d9-80ce-20019931977dPost:d42d1934-990f-4c92-8e42-7b278cbfa069">Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]So......our street is blocked off and there are cops all around my office.  Rumor has it there is man in the park across from the office with a gun.  I hope everything turns out OK.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

<div>Whoa.  That is crazy!  Fingers crossed everything turns out OK and <u>safely</u>.  Can you see what's going on from an office window?</div>
  • Morning ladies.

Scary, Duds! Update us on what happens.

Nothing super exciting here. I had my 10 week appt yesterday, and the midwife was being stubborn when she couldn't hear the heartbeat (too early.) So I got a surprise quick u/s which was awesome.  The little bean was jumping all over the place (which explains why they couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, too.)  woohoo.

They want me to do an early glucose test though, so I have that this afternoon.  No fasting, which is good, but I'm still not looking forward to it.
  • Nebb, H and I still celebrate our "together" date too. 4/10 is wedding, 6/25 is dating/together. We've been together the same amount of time as we've known each other, so I think it's special to celebrate (usually we just go out to dinner).
  • We kind of roll both together, Nebb. Our dating anniversary is 11/12 and our wedding anniversary is 11/7, so they're close enough. :) Last year, H gave me a card on the 12th by accident. haha
  • Also, I just 'outed' myself on fb, and I'm super nervous for some reason. haha
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-valentines-day-aka-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:21d154a5-6d5f-42d9-80ce-20019931977dPost:2306720b-1836-4e5c-8f58-d319053a689d">Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tomorrow is actually adam and I's 8 year "together" anniversary. I know we aren't "supposed" to achnowledge it now that were married but I don't "care".
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Our 9 year "date-aversary" is next Wednesday.  When you've had a date be important for a while, it's hard to just let it go!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-valentines-day-aka-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:21d154a5-6d5f-42d9-80ce-20019931977dPost:9c77cd16-c081-4402-8b64-3f2633335c96">Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I just 'outed' myself on fb, and I'm super nervous for some reason. haha
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

The first 2 items on my feed are both you and Brie announcing!  Yay exciting!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-valentines-day-aka-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:21d154a5-6d5f-42d9-80ce-20019931977dPost:7354b0c2-ff73-4a4e-8318-e372dfd04e4c">Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread) : The first 2 items on my feed are both you and Brie announcing!  Yay exciting!
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

*like*  She's on my month board too! (If it's the same person I'm thinking of. haha)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-valentines-day-aka-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:21d154a5-6d5f-42d9-80ce-20019931977dPost:845cd081-bee0-44e6-b0f5-917552e74e7c">Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread) : Our 9 year "date-aversary" is next Wednesday.  When you've had a date be important for a while, it's hard to just let it go!
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

That's what I think too. I mean we've been married for nearly 4 years but we've been together for 8. I think the 8 years are just as important.
  • Good morning!

I had an excellent run this morning, especially since I was kinda wiped out from my long run on Sunday. I did speedwork where I would pick a landmark and sprint to it, then go back down to my normal pace. It was awesome, and I averaged a 9:38/mile for a 5K, which is awesome. My goal was under a 10:00/mile and I did it!

Tonight, H is taking me to a nice, quiet dinner at one our favorite wine bar/restaurant. That's all I asked for this Valentine's Day, just something small and intimate with wine, so that's what we're doing.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-valentines-day-aka-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:21d154a5-6d5f-42d9-80ce-20019931977dPost:9c77cd16-c081-4402-8b64-3f2633335c96">Re: Happy Valentine's Day! (aka morning thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I just 'outed' myself on fb, and I'm super nervous for some reason. haha
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Did you delete it right away or did you leave it up?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards