Snarky Brides

Morning Sunshines!

Re: Morning Sunshines!

• I think FH can burn near that many calories if he has a semi-busy day at work. He's a bike messenger and can ride up to 40 miles a day. He certainly makes up for it with food and beer though. He has really nice arms and legs but the beer has given him a small gut. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:aacf8673-345e-46df-8587-6f97ff2a87ee">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So if you have a naturally high metabolism, like adam, would that show up? He eats and eats and loses so I have no idea what must be going on inside him.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

It might.  He manages a book store, right?  So he probably walks around during his shift a LOT.  Simple walking burns a lot of calories (compared to sitting on your arse that is).  The easiest way to up your calorie burn is through NEAT (non exercise activity thermogenesis), aka, the stuff you do during the day that's NOT your workout.  Even just running errands, parking farther away or going for a walk around the block has a measurable impact.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ooh, the FitBit has an altimeter too! 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I have to share this picture of Cheddar and Muenster last night in front of the fire. 

They're almost Tebowing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:4c593578-f9eb-4c55-94eb-5ec8e2e999b2">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Sunshines! : It might.  He manages a book store, right?  So he probably walks around during his shift a LOT.  Simple walking burns a lot of calories (compared to sitting on your arse that is).  The easiest way to up your calorie burn is through NEAT (non exercise activity thermogenesis), aka, the stuff you do during the day that's NOT your workout.  Even just running errands, parking farther away or going for a walk around the block has a measurable impact.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

He does, so that probably plays a bit part in it. I'd be curious to see what his typical daily burn is just from his normal activities.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:dc60a0e4-fb3a-482e-a278-5d2e1323126c">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to share this picture of Cheddar and Muenster last night in front of the fire.  They're almost Tebowing.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Ha!  I love the poses Chloe makes in front of the fire.  Muenster is so big!
  • Good morning ladies!

Steph - I know I'm probably insanely late, but I just saw now on your ticker that you're expecting. Such great news, congrats to you and your H!

Tonight we're going out to dinner with J's friend and her gf and then we're all going to see The Vow which looks super cute and cheesy, I love sappy movies, and Rachel McAdams being in it is a bonus. Then tomorrow night we're doing an early Valentine's Day celebration at The Melting Pot since I get home kind of late during the week and am a sleepy useless lump on week nights so don't make for much of a dinner companion. I feel bad we're going going on Tuesday, but it was actually J's idea so I'm guessing she understands. She'll be getting flowers at her office on Tuesday at least, so hopefully that will make her smile, it's our first valentine's day as spouses after all.

Anyone else have something planned for Valentine's Day?

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:3016d36c-51d0-4ccb-a26b-d65089d82b36">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went to Whole Foods the other night, and got the most amazing beer. If you haven't had it yet, you guys gotta try this stuff: What I like is that the banana bread flavor isn't too strong, but it is noticeable. I'm sure it's pretty high in calories, which is fine since I never drink more than one or two, but OMG I love it. They also have a chocolate one, but I'm leery since it's always a crapshoot on whether the chocolate flavor tastes super fake.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG I LOVE that stuff!! They sell it at a bar in Chinatown in DC and I may have been obsessed with having one every time we were out in that general area.  It's the only kind of beer I've ever found that I actually love rather than just barely tolerate.  I didn't know they sell it at Whole Foods! I don't usually shop there but I may need to make a trip, even though the nearest one is 20+ miles away. </div>
  • I know I was much thinner when I worked retail even though I drank frequently and ate like crap. A desk job has not been good for my waistline. Luckily I do have to walk at least a mile a day as part of my commute and often have to trek all over the hospital.

A question about the Fitbit - would it track calories burned on a stationary bike or do you have to be moving? Do to some joint issues that is one of my major forms of exercise. 
  • Muenster is a chunky little guy.  He's got a big belly.
    They started out like this:

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:53a00480-ca34-4051-9fc2-2970cde9ef63">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I was much thinner when I worked retail even though I drank frequently and ate like crap. A desk job has not been good for my waistline. Luckily I do have to walk at least a mile a day as part of my commute and often have to trek all over the hospital. A question about the Fitbit - would it track calories burned on a stationary bike or do you have to be moving? Do to some joint issues that is one of my major forms of exercise. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

For things like an exercise bike that aren't walking/like walking, you enter in the activity on the FitBit website and it updates your calorie count with a more accurate estimation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:3016d36c-51d0-4ccb-a26b-d65089d82b36">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went to Whole Foods the other night, and got the most amazing beer. If you haven't had it yet, you guys gotta try this stuff: What I like is that the banana bread flavor isn't too strong, but it is noticeable. I'm sure it's pretty high in calories, which is fine since I never drink more than one or two, but OMG I love it. They also have a chocolate one, but I'm leery since it's always a crapshoot on whether the chocolate flavor tastes super fake.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

<div>Oooo those look delish!</div>
  • I wish we could get beer and wine at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Stupid Maryland laws. 
  • Damn you all. I want scallops and beer now.
  • Aw, les kitties. I love them.

Whisky shrank since we got him, rather than grow.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:4510abf6-f1b2-4dc9-9537-0e981c21ef67">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish we could get beer and wine at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Stupid Maryland laws. 

<div>I know! I moved to NC from MD. It is so weird that I can now buy alcohol from the grocery store, and on Sunday here.  MD was ridiculous.  But at least there was a beer/wine store on the 1st floor of my apartment building, and a liquor store a few blocks away. And I worked in DC, so I could stop at whatever store there and get it on the way home if I needed. </div>
  • The closest I've ever come to getting alcohol at the grocery store was when the liquor store was next door but they shut it down 3 years ago :( I hate the freaking lcbo.
  • Aw Les, I love those pictures. I want another cat SO bad. :( Oh, well.

Tonight is yoga. Then tomorrow is cleaning, H is till getting our new computer set up. Our other one is on it's last leg, there is a line down the screen which is annoying as hell. But, we'll still use that for games and chatting until it finally kicks.

Then to dinner with an ex CW and his wife for Pad Thai. He's been saying we should go out for almost a year now, but she wrote me last night stating she didnt realize SHE would have to make the plans. MEN!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:89f10478-2dd6-49c9-81cd-91de2e871b30">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Damn you all. I want scallops and beer now.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    I'm going to take a picture of myself eating and drinking this and send it to you. :) Out of love obviously.
  • RAYNES where is the best place for canadians to buy a fitbit?
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:6ab98fc3-fc46-469c-9758-50d16b2b8321">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]RAYNES where is the best place for canadians to buy a fitbit?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Probably REI.  They have decent shipping and lifetime guarantee (or at least a very good return policy).

Or cross the border and get it at Best Buy.
  • I don't have a passport so I can't cross border shop :(
  • One last potentially dumb question. I don't have wireless internet at home. Would this make the Fitbit less useful for me? I do have wireless at work though. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:9aa590a6-5f02-42fb-8025-4c8785d96658">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have a passport so I can't cross border shop :(
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Dude, get on that shiit. 

REI then.
  • Question, when do you charge it? You can't track and charge at the same time right?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:fcbefe4b-c325-4ce7-bf48-97257d9854d2">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]One last potentially dumb question. I don't have wireless internet at home. Would this make the Fitbit less useful for me? I do have wireless at work though. 

You don't need wireless internet for it to work.  The tracker syncs wirelessly to the base station, which syncs to your computer/the internet via USB.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:af9967f2-f000-4b30-a1f2-8a65d25bc326">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question, when do you charge it? You can't track and charge at the same time right?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I charge mine when I'm sitting at my desk.  It doesn't take long to charge.  And I've got it set up so it e-mails me when the battery is low.  Sometimes I forget to put it back on though.
  • I know but I never have 300 just laying around for us to get them. I always need it for other things (car fixes, membership renewals, debt repayment, etc). Its just never top of the list.
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I think I will be dropping some heavy hints or just flat out asking for one of these for our anniversary next week. 

Then only reason I got my passport renewed after 2 years of it being expired was for our honeymoon. It's always handy to have but it is so hard to justify the expense when you don't have anything planned. 
  • Nebb... I *think* you can now order it online from fitbit...I will go check...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards