Snarky Brides
Options

Morning Sunshines!

TGIF! Anything fun planned for the weekend?

We're headed to our hometown to discuss our FOCCUS test results finally (we took it in like October).  I also finally get to argue about taxes with my dad blegh.

So crazy bitch girl sent me a FB message last night with an extremely heartfelt apology. I told her I accepted it and that I forgave her (which I do).. but I'm keeping my guard up for awhile.  I'm just scared she's only doing it because she doesn't have anyone to back her up now that we've cleared the air with the others in the group.  But we'll see!  I'm hoping she means it because I'd love for all this drama to go away.

Re: Morning Sunshines!

• Options
    Good morning!  I'm glad things are looking better with your group of friends, Chels.  I think I missed you posting about everything getting cleared up with the others, but that's good!

My weekend plans consist of cleaning my house from top to bottom all weekend long. Vinegar and Dawn dishsoap will be my best friends ha.  I also want to work on our curb appeal.  Our temps are in the 80s here so there's really no need to wait until spring to do it.  I'm really getting the urge to list our house soon and I want to give new plants time to grow a little and mature before listing.  Even if we don't move away from this area we want to be in a different house when we have kids so maybe that will be happening sooner than we originally thought.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    How do you know it was heartfelt and not just her trying to not look like a bitch? I'm just curious since tone is so hard to read over email. Either way, glad she's not being a douche.

Nothing going on here. I have to do some major cleaning tonight and tomorrow, and work on Sunday. I hate working on Sunday, but at least I can bring in my DVD player and no one will bother me.
  • Options
    I'm so jealous you're in the 80s. I'm soooo ready for summer. But I just found out it snowed last night.  Ugh the snow was finally GONE!  It's been such a mild winter and I've loved it.  Maybe i need to move out of WI haha
  • Options
    Morning!

I'm getting into a fight on FB with the friends of a girl I went to HS with about weight loss and whether or not calorie counting is a good idea.  I don't have the time/patience to type my arguements out on my phone, so I'm gonna just bow out of that one.  It's just getting stupid. 

I'm really looking forward to this weekend.  I've got a pedi with my mom and step-sis tomorrow morning and then H and I and another couple are going to dinner at ring_pop's house.  I'm so looking forward to seeing them again and getting to play with their son!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:02f3a247-c16a-4904-a3b4-077ecc40530c">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do you know it was heartfelt and not just her trying to not look like a bitch? I'm just curious since tone is so hard to read over email. Either way, glad she's not being a douche.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

She said things like "I feel awful for all the things I said to you" and "I'm just not that kind of person" and asked me like 3 times that she hopes I forgive her.  We chatted for a little bit afterwards and she was asking me about wedding planning and school and stuff.  She even offered to help us move in two weeks (which is going to be a huge PITA and she knows it, but she's still willing to help).  It seemed heartfelt, but that's also why I have my guard up still because I don't know how much she meant it.  I think she meant it, I hope she meant it.  But it's going to take some time.
  • Options
    We typically have a few weeks where its super cold for us (like as low as the 30s at night but gets up the 40s during the day) but I feel like this "winter" has been pretty much nonexistent.  Which kind of makes me sad because I got four really cute sweater dresses for Christmas that I want to wear dammmit! ha ha ha
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:1277a00f-f72e-4c4f-a15f-e11743979aa3">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I'm getting into a fight on FB with the friends of a girl I went to HS with about weight loss and whether or not calorie counting is a good idea.  I don't have the time/patience to type my arguements out on my phone, so I'm gonna just bow out of that one.  It's just getting stupid.  I'm really looking forward to this weekend.  I've got a pedi with my mom and step-sis tomorrow morning and then H and I and another couple are going to dinner at ring_pop's house.  I'm so looking forward to seeing them again and getting to play with their son!
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

which side of the argument are you on (just out of curiosity)
    And yay! You have a squash!
  • Options
    Hi guys!
    Woot woot it's Friday! Long day ahead, possibly working tomorrow too. Blah.

We are going out to dinner tonight with Z's brother and sis in law. Should be an ok time but I'm either going to get drunk really fast and pass out or I'm going to be so tired I just pass out anyways. Oh wells.

Glad that girl apologized Chels, hopefully she is not being conniving. (sp?)

I need to break out the vinegar and Dawn! My not so spotless house is giving me guilt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We haven't been in the 80s here in awhile. Stupid North Florida. It was freaking cold last night.

TK has ruined me. I just realized on this site I'm working on that I spelled "sells" (as in, we sell moving supplies) as "celles" in 3 different places. Ha. Oops.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:9d3d2ece-f088-4d42-a5a4-0e07712bae36">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Sunshines! : which side of the argument are you on (just out of curiosity) And yay! You have a squash!
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

I'm pro-tracking.  But these girls are taking that to mean I'm pro low-calorie.  Just because I advocate calorie counting does not mean I advocate eating too little.  If you want to lose fat, you HAVE to create a deficit, but it doesn't have to be extreme.
  • Options
    Good morning! I've been making copies and filing all morning, which I'm loving because I am so tired, and this is a pretty easy task on my brain. I'm also getting stuff set up for my replacement, so that he'll succeed once he gets here and I won't have to stress about leaving my job in the hands of someone who doesn't have the tools he needs.

No big plans for the weekend; I might try donig a long run on Sunday with my running partners if my ankle is feeling up to it.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    It's Friday!! (Finally)

So I found out that my "resting" facial expression is that of a sour-puss.  Yesterday my CWs mentioned how I looked miserable yet I was having and awesome day!  The paper my boss had been working to get submitted to a journal (has my data so I am listed as co-author yippee) was FINALLY accepted!  Yet I apparently appeared miserable while looking at data, etc. at my computer.  Now I'm really self-conscious about my facial expression... thanks CWs. 

This weekend will be pretty relaxing.  I'm going out for drinks with CWs and friends with FI tonight and I'm looking forward to it, so much so that I made myself look slightly more nice at work today ;)  

A friend of mine posted this pic on FB and I will leave you with that for now...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:c0e4a8b8-8e0d-475a-b4fd-10258e1b5cd3">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]  A friend of mine posted this pic on FB and I will leave you with that for now...
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

That's been my easter sig pic for the last 3 years.
  • Options
    Good morning!

I'm going baby clothes shopping today to pick up my niece's gifts for her birthday party tomorrow.  I get all hormonal-ish when surrounded by all the tiny dresses and shoes.  So I'll be a blubbering mess tonight no doubt.

BUT

Birthday = tomorrow I'll get cake.  So I'm pretty pumped.  I haven't had cake since August last year and that is a ridiculously long time for me.  I effin' love cake.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:e40a8866-ec9d-458e-8b02-779c90c96f92">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We haven't been in the 80s here in awhile. Stupid North Florida. It was freaking cold last night. TK has ruined me. I just realized on this site I'm working on that I spelled "sells" (as in, we sell moving supplies) as "celles" in 3 different places. Ha. Oops.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]<div>
    <div>We've been hovering around 79/80 in the afternoons.  We should trade places, I kind of love the cold ha ha.

</div></div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:3fdc6d4d-0417-4e81-a3d4-9230237a63f0">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Sunshines! : I'm pro-tracking.  But these girls are taking that to mean I'm pro low-calorie.  Just because I advocate calorie counting does not mean I advocate eating too little.  If you want to lose fat, you HAVE to create a deficit, but it doesn't have to be extreme.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  My fitness pal has been SUCH a help during this weight loss adventure.  Calorie tracking and knowing how much you should be eating every day is so important because I don't think people realize how many calories they eat in a day (too little or too much).  I had a friend trying to loose weight that would have a small chicken breast and a massssive plate of veggies with every meal.  She was maybe eating 200 calories per meal because of it, but because the volume was so much, she figured she was eating enough.  Then there's the other end of the spectrum where you don't raelize how many calories are in certain foods (like my Dorito blog post).  I <3 my fitness pal.
  • Options
    MMmmmm. I love Peeps. AND that's funny.

I always feel like I have a grumpy look too, although I think I'm just always thinking about something else so maybe it's more of a contemplative look? ha!

I've been slowly clearing out my FB friends. I don't sit down and just delete people, but if someone shows up in my newsfeed that i'm like "WTF does this person need to know anything about me?" I delete them. I am down to 355, lol.

There are some people I NEVER talk to, but I like to be nosy so I keep them around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh Raynes...I love you so much for knowing your stuff :). Oh, and Leigh pegged me at 27/28% - boo...I was hoping she would say 26%! Oh well. 

We are going to see a house tomorrow, with an actual realtor. I am kind of naseous about the whole thing because if we end up really liking the place we would have to put an offer in (conditional on the sale of our place), which in turn would mean that we would have to put our place on the market at least a month earlier than I had planned. But I like the place so we might have to bite the bullet. 

In other news...I am exhausted today, still sick, and I have a boatload of school work to get through this weekend.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:02c030c7-ec1a-412a-b8a6-5f60b485ce31">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Sunshines! : That's been my easter sig pic for the last 3 years.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>I definitely got quite the chuckle when I first saw that.</div><div>
    </div><div>jenna- I swear I'm concentrating so I don't understand how I look miserable!  I mean, I'm not going to smile and laugh while performing experiments or analyzing months of data... what do they want from me? </div>
  • Options
    Ibarr, people tell me all the time that my regular expression is either a bitchface or miserable. I'm constantly told to smile. But who walks around smiling all the time? That's weird. I think part of it is that I'm usually off in my dreamworld thinking trhough book stuff, so my expression is reflecting whatever scene I'm imagining.

H's regular expression looks ilke he's super pissed off and about to punch someone.
  • Options
    Morning everyone!

I sucked it up and made it into work today, even though I still feel icky.  I thought I was over this whole morning sickness crud.  Oh well. I think today will be a mindless filing kind of day.  I need one of those admin/organizing days anyway.

Shay, feel free to move here. It's currently 4*.  Yes, that's a single digit ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:cb6965b6-53ac-483f-b8e5-24b3ede7df48">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh Raynes...I love you so much for knowing your stuff :). Oh, and Leigh pegged me at 27/28% - boo...I was hoping she would say 26%! Oh well.  We are going to see a house tomorrow, with an actual realtor. I am kind of naseous about the whole thing because if we end up really liking the place we would have to put an offer in (conditional on the sale of our place), which in turn would mean that we would have to put our place on the market at least a month earlier than I had planned. But I like the place so we might have to bite the bullet.  In other news...I am exhausted today, still sick, and I have a boatload of school work to get through this weekend.
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

I wanted to get all science-y on their asses.  Instead, I just directed them to LP's site/podcast.  Fighting with people over that shiit is just not worth it when I'm actually having a good day.

I'd say you're a very hot 27%, AND, it gives you more room to improve/change, right?  How long is this challenge?  30 days?
  • Options
    Good morning!  The dogs are being ridiculously cute playing their favorite game.  Riley goes to the top of the stairs, and Lucy stays at the bottom with me.  I throw a ball up the stairs to Riley and she catches it.  Then she "throws" it back down, and Lucy scrambles after it, gets it, and brings it back to me.  Repeat over and over.  So effing cute. They LOVE it.  If I pick up the ball while cleaning or whatever, Riley immediately shoots up to the top of the stairs and waits for me to start playing. 
  • Options
    Morning. What do you all think of doing OOTD today? I kind of miss doing it. Or N(nails)OTD?

We aren't doing too much this weekend. I think I'm going to a comedy club tonight with a few cousins and Sunday afternoon we are going to an International Festival/Fair at my workplace. I think H is taking me out Saturday night for Valentine's Day, even though I don't really care for the holiday.
  • Options
    ha ha Steph, that might just be a little too cold.  When I say cold that's Floridian talk for 40s.  I need a zero behind that 4!

I've noticed that in pictures that I don't know are being taken, I always look pissed off. My mom posts every single picture her camera takes and in the majority of them I'm sitting there looking like I'm about to knock someone's face off.  This leads me to believe that my typical face is not very welcoming ha.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Wooooo! Friday. I'm so happy. Today I get to do employment testing and then a field trip to take the new guy to all of our buildings and show him around. I have been saving it for today so the day would go quicker.

We have a puppy vet check up tomorrow and then an appointment with a CPA for our taxes. I've done my own for many years but with H this year it's more complicated. It doesn't help that he is filling bankruptcy this year and we owe some for taking money out of his retirement account for the wedding. We also have an appointment with a friend that sells insurance to get life insurance on us and MIL. Should be a fun weekend.

I'm off to work, hoping the day flies bye. Have a good day everyone.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:0f494ab2-0736-484a-ba4e-d178687eb05f">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Sunshines! : I wanted to get all science-y on their asses.  Instead, <strong>I just directed them to LP's site/podcast</strong>.  Fighting with people over that shiit is just not worth it when I'm actually having a good day. I'd say you're a very hot 27%, AND, it gives you more room to improve/change, right?  How long is this challenge?  30 days?
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>This made me go "huh? I don't have a podcast, WTF?" for a second, haha.  I still have no idea what you're talking about, but I know it isn't me!</div>
  • Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    No big plans for this weekend. FH is going to a bike swap meet on Sunday and i may tag along.  Next week is going to be really stressful at work so I want to just relax as much as possible. I really need to do my taxes at some point too. They're simple so I don't know why I put it off. 

Chels - it's good she has apologized but I'd be hesitant to believe she had a true change of heart. I'd say give her the benefit of the doubt and be friendly but be careful what you say around her. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:2d4c51a9-7c85-406a-a1c7-ee381bd8e2af">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Sunshines! : This made me go "huh? I don't have a podcast, WTF?" for a second, haha.  I still have no idea what you're talking about, but I know it isn't me!
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

Ha, sorry.  numbers knows which LP I mean.  In this case, Leigh Peele.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:0f494ab2-0736-484a-ba4e-d178687eb05f">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Sunshines! : I wanted to get all science-y on their asses.  Instead, I just directed them to LP's site/podcast.  Fighting with people over that shiit is just not worth it when I'm actually having a good day. I'd say you're a very hot 27%, <strong>AND, it gives you more room to improve/change, right?  How long is this challenge?  30 days?</strong>
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>8 week challenge. BUT, I am really only starting after long weekend (I am starting on the 22nd) so my challenge will be more like 5 weeks!  It's okay, I am not really in it to win it, so to speak...I would like to see some changes but I am also trying to learn how to maintain my weight and I am doing really well in that regard!  </div><div>
    </div><div>As for people who think that calorie counting has to mean a huge caloric restriction...sigh, it's all just math really. Some people just hate math.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards