Snarky Brides

unpop ops

Re: unpop ops

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    i love coldplay soooooo much, just love everything theyve ever done. ever. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:83f5653e-cae6-452b-8900-6e8016d0ebb4">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : I'm not AATB, but I'll go ahead and answer this for everyone, everywhere- THESUCK.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

I just can't picture anyone getting it up for a Coldplay concert. I think I'd fall asleep then wake up and say, "Haven't they played this song twice already?"
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:e2daf53c-e5c9-46fe-aae4-addf1d0e03de">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : OMG, we are like soul mates. How do you feel about Coldplay?
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I actually love Coldplay.  Our pianist played Viva la Vida for our recessional at our wedding, and Swallowed in the Sea was our first dance song.  Hehe :)
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:36e72ea3-85af-41b4-bb52-cc22d93fa29a">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : Sesh, I've looked for some, and haven't found any. I'll check Amazon, but I think the last time I checked, they were out of print. I remember you mentioning him before. I'm liking Kathryn Casey right now - hers seem to be about crimes in TX.
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

Missy, I know she's been around forever, but do you read Ann Rule?
  • Oh yay Nebb, I'm glad I'm not alone :)

I never really had an opinion on Coldplay one way or the other but Ben loves them, and when we got back together he really got me into them.  A lot of the music they don't release is pretty intense.  I could listen to Life in Technicolor ii for hours.
    panther
  • Oh and Missy?  Pink Floyd is baby makin' music.  LOVE.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:c6ade86b-e7b1-46c3-897c-ed5f6caf31f4">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and Missy?  Pink Floyd is baby makin' music.  LOVE.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Just the Dark Side of the Moon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I detest book discussions period. I like to read for entertainment value, and any further analysis just kills the experience for me. I think that's why I don't get the Harry Potter hype. If you like it, cool. But I don't, and I really hate all the dissecting and analysis of "underlying themes" and the whole fanaticism thing. I just don't get the appeal. Those types of discussion and fanatical behavior don't appeal to me at all, and have turned me off to the series as a whole. This probably makes me shallow, and is probably why I had real trouble in literature classes, but oh well. I love to read, I just hate to dissect what I'm reading. 

Also, I think that Scott from AI looks like Howdy Doody, and he has a knack for making every song sound the same. It saddens me that I realize this will make him insanely successful in the country music scene. 

Missy, I also love TC books and TV. LOVE. Its the investigator in me, I think. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:47fb11b7-4797-4b8f-a2cc-175347fc2cb3">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : Just the Dark Side of the Moon!
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Just THINKING about that album makes me hot. 
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:47efc72a-e0fd-48ab-aec2-2edf2f3bb443">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : Just THINKING about that album makes me hot. 

One of my favs!
  • I fucking love Coldplay, and their live concerts are amazing. F'real.

I also love DMB.

And Pink Floyd.

And U2.

And Country music.

And I love REM. Automatic for the People is definitely in my top ten albums of all time.

And Lady Gaga.

Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • And I'm pretty sure when the Vikings lost in the NFL championship to the Saints, it honestly wrecked my week.

Month.

Year.

WHO THE FUUCK AM I KIDDING IM STILL BITTER ABOUT IT, OK?

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:6b913a6b-d50e-4042-b7c7-02a05500655e">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]I fucking love Coldplay, and their live concerts are amazing. F'real. I also love DMB. And <strong>Pink Floyd</strong>. And U2. And <strong>Country music.</strong> And I love <strong>REM</strong>. Automatic for the People is definitely in my top ten albums of all time. And Lady Gaga.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

I will agree with you on the bolded ones,(and I only like some country) but you are entitled to your opinion!

Hi Fischy!
  • Hey there, KD!

I really just love music. Anything that makes my toe tap or make me feel anything I love.

I love some things more than others, but I'm kind of sucker when it comes to music.

Minus screamo and like super hard rock, I'll listen to about anything. But techno is hit or miss.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Fishy, that was probably the biggest let down in history.  Even though as Vikes fans, we should have known better.

This Twins season has been ripping my heart out - tiny piece by tiny piece.
    panther
  • It's to the point where I just try to not care if we lose, but get stoked when we win.

and the Harmon Killebrew memorial last night? Yeah. THAT'S why I'm a Twins fan.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:957bc288-adcd-4cbe-b2a0-5d765fbdc05b">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : <strong>I won a free cruise to the Bahamas to go to a private concert by DMB.</strong> I stood on the ship during the performance. Fi wasn't having it either but I wasn't going to pass up a free cruise just because of them.
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

I take it you won the Bud LIght Party Cruise in your region?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:f13d7898-5ebf-43b2-b4c2-e646d5642177">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's to the point where I just try to not care if we lose, but get stoked when we win. <strong>and the Harmon Killebrew memorial last night? Yeah. THAT'S why I'm a Twins fan.</strong>

YUP!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:7ac22006-6730-471b-a6df-2f9c07a68241">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : I actually love Coldplay.  Our pianist played <strong>Viva la Vida</strong> for our recessional at our wedding, and Swallowed in the Sea was our first dance song.  Hehe :)

Okay, well THAT song isn't too bad.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I used to read Ann Rule - I'm not as big a fan of the short story ones she does now. But I thought it was an amazing coincidence she worked with Ted Bundy.

Well, there ain't no babymakin' going on in our house. We's old folk.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:92642ba6-2fc4-4c20-84f8-878db2523634">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : Okay, well THAT song isn't too bad.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I love it on piano.  Seriously.  Thinking of it I just die.  DIE.
    panther
  • Aw, Dodgers, dude. Dave Matthews puts on an awesome show. Love him or hate him, he's an amazing musician and crazy guitar skills and his band is AMAZING.

It's a good concert. Even if you don't like Dave man, it's just...hard to not appreciate his musical talent and the talent of his band.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:d5b69a2f-c869-4b76-a5d2-fb3c935a18dc">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, Dodgers, dude. Dave Matthews puts on an awesome show. Love him or hate him, he's an amazing musician and crazy guitar skills and his band is AMAZING. It's a good concert. Even if you don't like Dave man, it's just...hard to not appreciate his musical talent and the talent of his band.

It's hard to appreciate the music when you're getting a contact high, though.

Or actually, maybe it's easier.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Ha! I can understand that. I've never had that problem at a Dave concert, but I've heard stories!

The Margarita Evolution
  • So my friend just texted me that her husband lost his job and that they are screwed.  My unpop op is that I just don't care.  She does nothing but whine about how there are no jobs anywhere and how she wants to move back to ND.  Guess what bitch?  There are 17,000 jobs here.  Open ones.  When I tell her to apply for jobs she gripes about how "all these positions want prior experience and we don't have prior experience."  Good God, woman.  You guys are pushing 30 years old.  What the fluck have you been up to since college graduation?  APPLY.  And don't come whining to me because I am not the magic job fairy and I can't fix your fucking problems for you.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:92352ab8-9d1a-40d5-ab38-790e5ec13297">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha! I can understand that. I've never had that problem at a Dave concert, but I've heard stories!

Seriously.  A guy just started relieving himself right next to us while we were standing in the ampitheater.  Gross and half. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:b134dffa-0f7c-415a-b0f8-d1f9b2572603">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my friend just texted me that her husband lost his job and that they are screwed.  My unpop op is that I just don't care.  She does nothing but whine about how there are no jobs anywhere and how she wants to move back to ND.  Guess what bitch?  There are 17,000 jobs here.  Open ones.  When I tell her to apply for jobs she gripes about how "all these positions want prior experience and we don't have prior experience."  Good God, woman.  You guys are pushing 30 years old.  What the fluck have you been up to since college graduation?  APPLY.  And don't come whining to me because I am not the magic job fairy and I can't fix your fucking problems for you.

A bitchslap is definitely on order.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • When the Patriots lost to the Jets this past year, my H was such an incredible douchecanoe about it.  For the entire evening.  Finally I yelled at him and told he was being a jerk, and he chilled out. 

I'm nervous about what's going to happen if the Bruins lose tonight.  Do not want to listen to it.  I'll be bummed, seriously, but... W/ever.  It's a sport.  Life goes on.  We are Red Sox fans.  We should have learned to live with disappointment by now.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Oh gross, Wiscy. GROSS!

AATB, almost ALL jobs say they require experience, but why wouldn't she apply anyway? Somehow somewhere people get experience.

The Margarita Evolution
  • LC and Alli - Archer is the best ever.  and Alli, I laughed out loud at the "wee baby Kieran."

I hate U2.  Hate them.  Hate that they get played on our classic rock radio station.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards