Snarky Brides

Who are you?

Lets learn some new things about eachother, shall we?

Where do you hail from? What are your hobbies? Tell us 3 random facts about you?

LURKERS YOU BETTER ANSWER!! *shakes fist*

Re: Who are you?

• Hi beautiful! I'm from the gorgeous state of NC. My hobbies are long walks on the beach, snake charming, and murder.

I don't really have any random facts. I'm kind of boring. I think everyone pretty much knows all about me already, so here's a joke:

What's the difference between jam and marmalade?
  • I cant guess, please tell me. All I know is that marmalade has bits of orange peel in it but that doesnt sound like a joke answer.
  • edited October 2010
    *I have the best pen collection. ever.

*My dad taught me how to do square roots in second grade.

*I was brainwashed into loving Gopher Hockey (college) by my dad; he had it on while I was being delivered. no lie.

ETA: I was born in MN, raised in WI, back in MN now.
  • You can't marmalade your diick in a girl's butt.

• I hail from Wisconsin, I live in Minnesota. 

My hobbies are hiking, running, tennis, camping, biking, watching trashy TV, and cooking, sometimes.  I currently have no time to do any of these hobbies because I work like a crazy person.

3 random facts?  I'm frog-phobic.  I'm allergic to cats.  I suck super badly at responding to emails Embarassed (but check yours in awhile, Nebbeautiful)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:50fc207b-5062-4c9e-9b27-4acec4515229">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can't marmalade your diick in a girl's butt.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

That is very good. Very, very good.
  • Hi. They dilated the shiit out of my eyes at my Lasik consultation and I can't see a damn thing in my near vision. Going on FOUR hours now.

I hail from Kansas, my hobbies are happy hour, football, and planning vacations.

3 random facts:

1) I've broken both my feet
    2) I have the same name as my husband's sister and my husband has the same name as my brother.
    3) I've barely been on here in 2 months because of my stupid f-ing work computer.
    B) I'm having wine and tator tots for dinner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hahahahaha oh cew!

Steph, whats your favourite? I love monopoly (im sneaky) and scrabble. Im trying to talk my husband into allowing me to amass a board game collection.
  • I LOVE SCRABBLE!!!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • cute.

I was born and raised in a suburb of Milwaukee, WI.  My hobbies are knitting, reading, and MST3K.

I have gone skydiving.  I have 7 brothers and sisters.  My husband is an amazing guitar player.  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:d9851129-19ef-431c-a02c-48d398cb4c33">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahahahaha oh cew! Steph, whats your favourite? I love monopoly (im sneaky) and scrabble. Im trying to talk my husband into allowing me to amass a board game collection.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>haha. I changed my last one, so I was confused.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I love Scrabble. FI and I used to play it almost daily.  Monopoly strains my patience too much.  I also love Yahtzee, card games, Mancala and my favorite is probably Cribbage.  My roommates and I used to host game nights like every week in college. It was so much fun...... I miss having friends.</div>
  • I love board games too! I think that Trivial Pursuit and Life are my all time favorites. We've just taught Ben to play Sorry and he loves it. I love being able to play big kid games with him now.

I am also severely frog phobic. I'm actually frog, fish, snake, and pubic hair phobic. Oh and public bathrooms, of course.
  • Nebb... JK..... I think we need to have an online game of Scrabble.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:e7a2ae4b-09c8-4663-9765-65865ea1a15b">Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lets learn some new things about eachother, shall we? Where do you hail from? What are your hobbies? Tell us 3 random facts about you? LURKERS YOU BETTER ANSWER!! *shakes fist*
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I hail from just outside of Boston.

My hobbies are reading, dancing, playing piano, baking.

Random facts.
    1. I can say all 50 states in alphabetical order in less than 30 seconds.

2. I am a bartender and totally fine being behind a bar, but I hate going out to nightclubs because I get wicked social anxiety about it

3. I was really sick when I was born.  My heart didnt work right so my dad would sleep under my crib everynight because he was afraid I would stop breathing.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Where do you hail from? What are your hobbies? Tell us 3 random facts about you?

I hail from a small town in rural VA that I still reside in.

Hobbies are difficult due to the amount that I work, but I enjoy reading, playing games, and I collect panda items.

I've been working 2 jobs since 2003
    I'm a gadget nut
    I have to sleep with a fan on at night, unless it's terribly cold.

PS: I miss your zombie polls Nebb!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • Lets see...I think some of you know these but there's a few new people so pretend you don't if you do

-I've lived in over 20 places in my 26 years on this planet.
    -I'm a professional archaeologist and have published a field report (and presented it to people doing archaeology for over 40 years)
    -The only thing my family didn't lose in Desert Storm were my books. I guess the Iraqi army was not excited about stealing books and the Kuwaiti gov't had them in a nice little box when we went back after the war.
  • I usually just lurk on this board but I will play tonight! 
    I have lived in Maine my whole life.  I love reading, shopping, decorating/organizing, traveling, working with children, and spending time with my friends and family.

Random facts: 
    I have hiked an active volcano in Guatemala. 
    I always get weird/random sicknesses. Example: One year I had both cat scratch disease and salmonella. (from tomatoes!) 
    I don't like any kind of beer but love wine. 
  • I am also ridiculously good a Jeopardy and FI wants me to audition.  But I always forget to phrase my answer in the form of a question.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I was born in the same town I live in now, in Ontario just north of Toronto. Moved away for a couple of years when I was young, but for the most part, just here.

Hobbies: WoW (obviously), reading, various arts and crafts (I like to paint and sketch, and occasionally scrapbook), aaaand that's all I can think of right now. 

1. I play the flute, although it's been two years since I've played due to instruments being incredibly expensive.

2. I hold my breath whenever I go past a graveyard, without fail. 

3. I have always wanted to be a scientist. Since I was 3 at least. The only thing that's changed is what kind of scientist I want to be.

• edited October 2010
    Born and raised in NY.

I guess I don't really have that many hobbies. I like reading and occasionally knitting.

3 Facts:
    I really love cheese.
    FI and I have a ridiculously large DVD collection.
    I am not excited to go wedding dress shopping.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:a78f7af6-177e-4bcf-b5da-9b320ba0c0de">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also ridiculously good a Jeopardy and FI wants me to audition.  But I always forget to phrase my answer in the form of a question.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>I am ridiculously good at Wheel of Fortune.  I also wish I could get on the show.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:a78f7af6-177e-4bcf-b5da-9b320ba0c0de">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also ridiculously good a Jeopardy and FI wants me to audition.  But I always forget to phrase my answer in the form of a question.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

This is me. The question thing would kill me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:9e7067e1-791c-4f08-974e-86205bec698c">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I mostly lurk but Nebb's shaking fist scared me into posting... I'm from IN but live in Tennessee I like to run, cook/bake, watch movies, hike, play with my dog & drink wine with my friends. 3 random facts: I've never broken any bones. I can't start my day without coffee. I think caramel apple candy corn is the best ever.
    Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]
    Ive never broken any bones either!!
  • Oh, and Nebb.... I think I've mentioned this before, but FI and I are having board games at our wedding.   No, we are not going to force anyone to play or anything like that.  But at every family event I can remember, we always played card and board games.  We're having a pretty casual, Sunday afternoon wedding, so I think people will just hang out for awhile. (No dance.)
  • For the frog lovers: when I was a kid I would catch frogs and bring them inside and let them live in jars in my bedroom. Well one time I caught this funny tree frog and it got out of the jar in the night and whenmy mom woke up to get ready for work she used the toilet and looked up and the frog was right above her and she started screaming. Turns out my mom doesnt like frogs either.

I think theyre awesome.
  • brilibby4brilibby4 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I haven't broken any bones either!  I also love board games and Monopoly is one of my favorites (I know it takes hours, I don't care.)

Edit: OHH and I used to make frog houses when I was a kid out of cardboard boxes.  And I kissed one once...to see if it would turn into a prince obviously.  Frogs don't bother me but I hate spiders.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:c5052a37-5e58-4756-85c0-393abe7e7a98">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you? : This is me. The question thing would kill me.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I also dont think the answer would come to me fast enough for me to buzz in first.  But FI and I like to watch Wheel and Jeopardy whenever we can.  Its fun since he is pretty good at wheel.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Where do you hail from? What are your hobbies? Tell us 3 random facts about you?

*I was born in southern CA but was moved to AZ when I was 1 year old. 

*I love to read, spoil my dog who is actually more like my child than a mere pet, sew/stained glass/cross-stitch.  (Sometimes I'm a bit like Martha Stewart... without all the insider trading).

*My sister and I were born on the same day, 10 years apart, neither one was induced.
    *Michael Buble is my favorite singer, no contest.  I have met and hugged him 3 times... not that I'm counting.
    *I am left handed.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was so fat that I broke my own leg. No joke.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:bda41cfb-d5d7-4612-ad06-d2636a92ca3f">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and Nebb.... I think I've mentioned this before, but FI and I are having board games at our wedding.   No, we are not going to force anyone to play or anything like that.  But at every family event I can remember, we always played card and board games.  We're having a pretty casual, Sunday afternoon wedding, so I think people will just hang out for awhile. (No dance.)
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]
    Thats AWESOME! a new place (started as a coffee shop, but they just got their liquor liscence) opened in toronto recently and they have NO internet access and electronics are not allowed. The walls are STOCKED with board games. People just go to play board games, cards or whatever, and drink coffee and socialize. I think its awesome. Your wedding reminds me of that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards