January 2012 Weddings

Applying for Jobs with Salaries

Hi everyone! My dear H just applied for a salaried position for our local newspaper. In addition to being salaried it is full time with benefits and NORMAL hours of 8-5. That would put us on the same schedule.

I applied for a teaching job in my dear H's hometown. When I called the first school they asked me if Pam Narehood was my mom. I told them she was my husband's mom. They asked me which son I married and when I told them Anthony they told me he went to Kindergarten at that school. I am hoping being married to a Narehood will help me get an interview. This week is the FCAT so I am hoping maybe I will get calls back from the messages I left today next week.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Applying for Jobs with Salaries

• I hope everything works out for you two!

09.27.2007 (the start of a great adventure.) 12.24.2010 (the day he popped the question!) 07.22.11 (the day we added a fur baby: PAWS!) 01.21.2012 (the day we said "I Do.") 07.2012 (the day we decided to start our family!) 11.03.12 (the day we added another furbaby: WEASLEY) "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." ~The Notebook
  • Good luck to both of you!

I'm curious--who are you calling? The principal of the schools you applied to? The reason why I ask is because I am in the same boat as you--applying for teaching jobs, but I've only been sending my resume packet. I'm wondering if I should be making calls too. I just never want to bother them and seem like a pest.

Hmmm.....now you got me thinking. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I apply online to the school district website then I call and follow up with the schools. Most of the time when I follow up with the schools the office transfers me to the principal's secretary. I am always asked if I applied online. I tell them I applied online and am just inquiring about when interviews may be set up. The secretary takes my name and number and tells me they will get back to me.

This is my first time applying to teaching jobs since the 2009-2010 school year. So we'll see if this method works out. I am thinking it is good that the secretary's know my husband and his family, even if it was when he was a litte kid.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Good Luck!

I have about 30 applications out, some in schools, some in colleges, and other places!  I know the feeling of anticipation!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_applying-for-jobs-with-salaries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:f5f488c1-9525-46f3-a43f-eb825750a699Post:4e5161f7-8f0b-48bc-bfb7-c3117f67e288">Re: Applying for Jobs with Salaries</a>:
    [QUOTE]I apply online to the school district website then I call and follow up with the schools. Most of the time when I follow up with the schools the office transfers me to the principal's secretary. I am always asked if I applied online. I tell them I applied online and am just inquiring about when interviews may be set up. The secretary takes my name and number and tells me they will get back to me. This is my first time applying to teaching jobs since the 2009-2010 school year. So we'll see if this method works out. I am thinking it is good that the secretary's know my husband and his family, even if it was when he was a litte kid.
    Posted by MeganNN12[/QUOTE]

<div>I hope it works for you. I think I might make some phone calls now myslef.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards