Catholic Weddings

Good morning!

How's everyone doing this Monday?  I'm a little tired because I stayed up too late watching TV last night, I didn't want the weekend to be over!  We had a good weekend, not much going on, which was nice after last weekend.  We did get new cell phones (finally!) and I did some shopping on Sunday

(*Resa - haven't found the black skinny pants (dressier) yet, pretty sure the Limited has what i want but they didn't have my size last time I checked.  But Old Navy's rockstar jean leggings were great, I snagged a black pair of those, should be great for a more casual look.)

Re: Good morning!

• Suprisingly, daylight savings didn't bother me too much! What kind of phone did you get? You ladies are killing me with all the shopping talk! I gave up shopping for lent!! :-)

We went to an amazing concert at our church on Friday night. Afterwards we chatted with one of the priests and picked his brain about "popery" and the state of the chuch. It was a great conversation. He is brilliant. I feel like his homilies should be issued and shared throughout the church.

Hubby made an amazing roasted chicken last night - sooo delicious! He's going to make chicken stock today - our apartment is going to smell amazing!
  • Erin, thanks for the update on the pants!  My weekend was pretty good.  Friday night we took SIL prom dress shopping, so that was fun.  Saturday we went to Ikea and bought a little cabinet/shelf thing for our living room.  Ikea is always so crowded on weekends, so that was pretty stressful!  Then yesterday I had a planning meeting for one of the showers I'm throwing this spring.  Fun fun!  Downside to my weekend was stupid daylight savings!  I get such anxiety over losing an hour that I inevitably lose WAY more sleep.  On Sat I couldn't fall asleep til 3 (went to bed at about 12:30), and then last night I went to bed at 11, and didn't fall asleep until after 4.  Torture!  And now I'm struggling to stay awake.  It's pretty bad...I'm surprised my shirt isn't on backwards or something!

• I ended up getting the Windows phone (8X by HTC) and H got the Droid Maxx HD.  We both like them a lot, and they weren't TOO pricey.  I had considered getting an iPhone, but it would've been $100 more than the Windows phone, and the few extra features just weren't worth it to me.  Last weekend when we were cleaning our place, I got rid of a LOT of clothes and donated them all, so I felt like it was OK to buy myself a few new things.  Old Navy had a massive sale, so I got everything at a great price too.

Do you have a recipe or tips on making your own chicken stock?  That's something I've definitely been considering doing, since I've been buying more bone-in meat lately (or getting pieces from H's parents who raise chickens), but just don't know where to start.  I use chicken stock a lot more in cooking now, so it'd be nice to use homemade instead of canned stuff.

• DST wasn't too bad for us, either.  We stayed up a bit too late Saturday night, so didn't wake up as early as I would have liked.  Unfortunately for me, I was up around 6 every morning and have difficulty going back to sleep, so I was up for a while.  DH does not share my affliction -- he can sleep through anything!

DH is the contact person for a bunch of job sites in his region, so he got a call at 3:00 this morning from a job site where communication had not been very good, so he spent about 30-45 minutes calling various people trying to get things worked out.  I know he enjoys the new job, but it seemed very frustrating for him.  Hopefully one of the things he can work on is improving communication with the job sites, but a large part of that rests on the companies that contract out work from his company, so there's not too much he can do.  He did ask his boss recently about taking on more roles where he can either work from home or at least work close enough to home that he'll be there at night, because the more pregnant I get, the harder it becomes to run our home.
    Anniversary

• Daylight Savings didn't really bother me yesterday but today has been a struggle. Has anyone watched any of The Bible series on the History Channel. We watched 4 hours of it yesterday and it was pretty good.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_good-morning-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:eb3e1c6e-b728-4145-9bbf-ba6f96c385e7Post:055260db-0ce4-4e7e-9b42-ceae51cd4ee0">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Daylight Savings didn't really bother me yesterday but today has been a struggle. Has anyone watched any of The Bible series on the History Channel. We watched 4 hours of it yesterday and it was pretty good.
    Posted by SusieSunshine2[/QUOTE]

We watched the first episode of it two weeks ago, and it was really interesting.  Unfortunately, yesterday's episode didn't record somehow so we missed it.
  • I had a fairly quiet weekend compared to my usually busy standards.

The marriage night was fantastic.  It was stations of the cross for married couples.  The meditation for each station related to possible struggles in married life.  It led to some great conversation between me and my fiance. 
  • I think we had the History Channel's "The Bible" on for less than 5 minutes bc hubby couldn't stand the inaccuracies.... I can't remember what specifically set him off. Generally, the History Channel's coverage of religion has sub-par from my experience.
  • I missed last night's episode, but it replayed on Lifetime last week, so hopefully I'll record it.  I ended up stopping because of all the inaccuracies.  It wasn't really... offensive, but it seemed like the writers decided the real stories were too boring and so they decided to add some ninjas and borrow scenes from 300.
    Anniversary

• I definitely noticed some inaccuracies in the first episode, and I'm not nearly as familiar with many of the bible stories as I'm sure other on here are.  We'll probably still watch the other episodes, as it's interesting to see the stories acted out, even if they're not fully accurate. 
  • I love documentaries, even if they're inaccurate.  I can't stand ones with a strongly anti-religious slant, though.  If it's the misuse of the term "Immaculate Conception," I'll roll my eyes.  If it's like "Catholics have a history for worshipping Mary, and only care about aborted babies and not about those already born, and all priests molest children" then I'm like, okay, I CANNOT listen to this!

• Hi ladies!  I'd like to join you if that's ok.  I had my convalidation on Saturday.  It was so beautiful.  I wish we'd been married in the church originally, but at least we are finally in the right place.

DLS change threw me a little.  I keep thinking it's much earlier than it is.

I have one of my last 3 RCIA classes tonight!  I'm so excited that I am almost there! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_good-morning-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:eb3e1c6e-b728-4145-9bbf-ba6f96c385e7Post:b2e67ead-7c85-46d4-b319-9400937b05dd">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies!  I'd like to join you if that's ok.  I had my convalidation on Saturday.  It was so beautiful.  I wish we'd been married in the church originally, but at least we are finally in the right place. DLS change threw me a little.  I keep thinking it's much earlier than it is. I have one of my last 3 RCIA classes tonight!  I'm so excited that I am almost there! 
    Posted by gjlader[/QUOTE]

Welcome! Of course you can join in and congrats!

H and I also watched the first episode of the Bible on history. Inaccuracies didn't bother me too much, but yeah the ninjas were a little ridiculous.

DLS didn't bother us too much, although it was a little difficult to fall asleep Sunday night since we weren't quite adjusted. Had to fix some of the clocks at work too, so that was a little confusing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_good-morning-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:eb3e1c6e-b728-4145-9bbf-ba6f96c385e7Post:b2e67ead-7c85-46d4-b319-9400937b05dd">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies!  I'd like to join you if that's ok.  I had my convalidation on Saturday.  It was so beautiful.  I wish we'd been married in the church originally, but at least we are finally in the right place. DLS change threw me a little.  I keep thinking it's much earlier than it is. I have one of my last 3 RCIA classes tonight!  I'm so excited that I am almost there! 
    Posted by gjlader[/QUOTE]

<div>This is all so exciting!  Congratulations!</div>
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards