~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg i've been waiting for this today! ok...really long...sorry!

My mother and I really got into it with the seating chart last night. full on screaming.

Backstory: my mother resents my fathers family for EVERYTHING they've ever done pretty much.

So my mother told me the exact table that she wanted to sit at (with pretty much her entire side of the family), and that she wanted to sit next to a group of our family friends. There are 8 tables surroudning the dance floor, and FI and I decided that only family and wedding party would sit at these tables. This allows for FI's whole family to have the only 4 tables on the left side of the room. So, I put my mother and her family at the table she wanted, filled in the rest of the 8 with our family and bridal party, put her friends at the one other table next to her, and filled in the rest. I also created a "mock seating chart" on excel, created the tables and sent her the file and asked her what she thought. She answered "fine".

So we end up going to our venue to make all of our final decisions, and everything went amazing. we are getting sooo much more than we thought we were, so everyone was pumped. We get in the car, and we get to talking about the seating chart, and she tells me that it is insulting that her friends would be "pushed" in the corner. Now, my seating chart mock up that i did was not to scale, and i actually put the wrong number of tables, and they ARE NOT in the corner. Theres a good 50 feet between them and the wall, and they are the same distance from the windows as the rest of the tables in teh second line (there are two lines of tables on that side of the dance floor). She also says something like, "that table isnt even next to us, but dad's family's table is right there!" I tell her that we wanted family all along the dance floor, and SHE wanted her friends next to her. Then she says "well your friends are along the dance floor" and I replied, "yes, because they are bridal party." So then she says that she got screwed over at the aunts wedding, so they can get screwed over this time. Oh no, you are not using my wedding to get back at someone for a grudge youre still holding from 20 years ago. seriously. She then tells me that my father's family should be at least a table away from her, which really gets me going because she is cramming 13 people at her own table--all her family. I feel so horrible for my father. Also, my grandfather (fathers father)is paying for our DJ, our cake and our limo. My grandmother (her mother) is not paying for anything. I feel like I shouldnt just "stash" my fathers family away.

also, as a p.s. my mother is nothing but sweet to my father's family, and we see them all the time, so I feel like she has always chosen to hold onto all of this anger.

Its so frustrating!!!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh I am so sorry you have to deal with this.

I do agree, your Mom has held onto her anger before she certainly can again for her daughter's wedding. I think the way you handled the seating chart was perfect & things really do not need to be changed. The set up of Cascades with 8 tables does not have anyone in the corner!

Did you say anything to her about how you feel? Maybe vocalizing this to her will put her in check. After all this is you & your FI's day...and you guys should be the happiest!

HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kim, I did email her today--I was at school, and i know voice communication would lead to yelling...and I outlined everything. I took FI's advice, and talked to my dad about what he thought. Great idea, because my father moved a few tables, and it looks really nice now. Gotta love those engineers haha.

However,my mother responded with "how many centerpieces do we need, so i can tell the florist?" ...i dont know mom, I dont know how many tables we have!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sorry to hear you have to go through all of that Melko... i'm sure i'm going to be going through a VERY similar situation in a month or so... definitely not looking forward to it

WTF... my FMIL invited a bunch of people that neither my fiance or myself know.  They havent talked since my FI's grandmother passed away 5 years ago.  We got one response on our website yesterday saying that one couple has no idea who we are and they think we sent the invitation to the wrong family!  my FI is super embarrassed... his mom was supposed to be calling all of these people to give them a heads-up that her son was getting married.  She never did it and now we'll probably have 7 more responses along the same lines.  I had an issue with her list from the beginning... i don't see why we had to invite people that neither my FI or I know.  And now, i just found out that part of the reason she invited these people is basically b/c of competition with his stepmom.  His stepmom invited her whole family, so she felt like she could invite hers even if they don't know who we are!

oh AND... she tried to make our wedding into her own little family reunion... which is 100% NOT cool with me.

GRRRRR to my FMIL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh. Fun! Anyway... WTF HH! I don't want to intern today and you're going to call me in and say that you need HELP so you want the intern (who does NOT get paid) to work for you just because you're short?!!!!

I'm sorry about your mom, Melko! That's basically how my mom and I will be for our big wedding. ): Oooh. I'm not excited for that day either! And poor, Kim. Hang in there!!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    melko i hear you....i have same issue with my mom hating on dads family. for no good reason... it's crazy.

i found that talking to her about how it takes the happiness away from the wedding when she brings up issues like this..helped her to check herself a little.

either way it's not fun to deal with on top of all the other stres sof planning the wedding. Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WTF do salons want to charge $40+ to cut an inch off my hair? Cost Cutters it is...
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wtfhump-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:cef4822b-b126-413e-aedd-a8ac8f1977c8Post:ff9ab507-2d19-4419-89e4-d62f2517732d">Re: ~WTF/HUMP Day~</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF do salons want to charge $40+ to cut an inch off my hair? Cost Cutters it is...
    Posted by LaLee628[/QUOTE]
     Can't you just ask for a face frame or something like that....they have that and it is alot cheaper!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh man Melko that sux.. I don't understand how things get so stressful right when it's supposed to be the happiest time. I'm sure we'll be dealing with our own drama as we get closer. We're already dealing with an wedding party drama and other not so fun stuff. I hope it all works itself out which I'm sure it will. Good call emailing her instead of calling because sometimes it's easier that way plus you don't forget to mention important things.

WTF... why is it that the people who make the least money are the ones who have to be at the office for 8-9 hours a day while the people who make atleast 4 times what I make come and go as they please, "work from home" as they please, and just simply don't come in the office without an explanation? Seriously, you come in at 10:30 or 11:00 and then leave at 2:00? How is that fair or even allowed? And it's not just this job, my last job was like this too! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my tires flat :( like i have to buy a new one flat ...bummer hopefully the rest of the weeks better :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    PRLJMBPRLJMB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WTF I'm so cold and I have to pee so bad and my UPS man just brought me buttercrunch which is my favorite and I don't want to eat it because I cant and my final fitting is saturday so I'm trying to be extra good because last time i was there she said it needed to be let out but I told her I'd lose the weight and now i'm pretty sure I am bigger than i  was then...and I"M EATING THE DAMN BUTTERCRUNCH because it makes me sad that I might not fit in my dress and my wedding is 24 days away and this is a vicious cycle!

sorry to everyone for their WTFs I hope we can all settle down and get to friday at 5 (our your work release time) quickly!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wtfhump-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:cef4822b-b126-413e-aedd-a8ac8f1977c8Post:3d54de98-99dc-467e-8f2c-6d9dd87ad2b9">Re: ~WTF/HUMP Day~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ~WTF/HUMP Day~ :  Can't you just ask for a face frame or something like that....they have that and it is alot cheaper!!
    Posted by kls114[/QUOTE]

Maybe! I don't know. I was calling around because I haven't been to a hair salon in this area yet...so this was some place in the mall that I called 'cause I thought they'd be reasonable and that's what she quoted me for a trim. The most I've ever paid before was $35 and she cut and styled my hair for my engagement photos.

I just wanted my dead ends trimmed off this time but does anyone have any recs for a good but reasonable hair stylist in the Groton/Mystic area?? lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://connecticut.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wtfhump-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:cef4822b-b126-413e-aedd-a8ac8f1977c8Post:35fa11c5-89e4-46bc-bc9f-08c37af7e238">Re: ~WTF/HUMP Day~</a>:
    [QUOTE] WTF... why is it that the people who make the least money are the ones who have to be at the office for 8-9 hours a day while the people who make atleast 4 times what I make come and go as they please, "work from home" as they please, and just simply don't come in the office without an explanation? Seriously, you come in at 10:30 or 11:00 and then leave at 2:00? How is that fair or even allowed? And it's not just this job, my last job was like this too! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you there!  I have to be here until 5 yet my boss took a 2 1/2 hr lunch and left at 3!!  ARGH!!

I'm sorry everyone is having such troubles!  I think with the Holidays everyone is just on the edge!  I hope for all of us Friday comes soon!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am feeling everyone on their WTF's today! Kim- been there a few too many times. ugh!
    I don't really have a WTF today but why is my vacation taking so long to get here?! Schools should have just closed next week!
    We're closer to Friday ladies!
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wtfhump-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:cef4822b-b126-413e-aedd-a8ac8f1977c8Post:71f63976-9146-4c08-93f5-ee4cedcab708">Re: ~WTF/HUMP Day~</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am feeling everyone on their WTF's today! Kim- been there a few too many times. ugh! I don't really have a WTF today but why is my vacation taking so long to get here?! Schools should have just closed next week! We're closer to Friday ladies!
    Posted by steenerk19[/QUOTE]

LOL seriously agree!! It is not like we are doing anything major with the kids because they cannot focus for anything!!

HAHA I am finally back to normal...what a LONG day!! LOL
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards