July 2012 Weddings
Options

Let's talk about boutonnieres

So. I wasn't going to do them, but now I think I do want to have them, and I'm suddenly obsessed. I'm trying to figure out the who, where and how. In the Netherlands, where I'm from, it's usual for the women to wear them as well (usually different ones than the men). The agony: do I want floral, non-floral, DIY or buy?

So tell me: will you have boutonnieres and what will they look like?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Let's talk about boutonnieres

• Options
    Yes we're going to have bouts for all the guys. FI's will be a calla lilly and the GM's will have rose petals wrapped to look similar to a calla lilly.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    We are doing an herbal bout for the guys. I love it because it matches are earthy-organic wedding vibe and also, 1) I can easily make them myself 2) they will be cheap 3) they won't yellow or wilt in the hot July sun

Follow Me on Pinterest diy-paper-flowers-5
  • Options

The guys will have one and we'll incorporate some feathers in it, possibly pheasant feathers since FI loves to hunt. But we haven't exactly decided what else to add to it- maybe twigs/berries or a flower. Whatever looks good!

doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nice ideas! Bookworm, I repinned that picture immediately :)
  • Options
    Here is what our florist suggested after our consultation, so we are going to go with it (since we didn't have strong opinions ourselves):

The groom's boutonniere will be made up of a small white/light pink bloom with a splash of green from herbs and berries. The groomsmen will have similar boutonnieres with slightly more pink.

We haven't decided on women (mom's and grandma's) yet, but we're leaning towards pin on style rather than wrist style.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're just doing a simple dendro orchid for the guys (depending on if it's the groom, FOB, FOG, or groomsmen, they will be different colors--fuschia, blue or white)

FI's mom would prefer some pin on bout as opposed to the corsages that my mom and grandma will get, so her bout will probably be some mix of our flowers.. haven't decided yet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-boutonnieres?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2576c90a-3322-4c53-a47f-e53e2b1d2134Post:16e9a8c6-b5ef-4784-82ff-b0cf80bf2607">Re: Let's talk about boutonnieres</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We're just doing a simple dendro orchid for the guys</strong> (depending on if it's the groom, FOB, FOG, or groomsmen, they will be different colors--fuschia, blue or white) FI's mom would prefer some pin on bout as opposed to the corsages that my mom and grandma will get, so her bout will probably be some mix of our flowers.. haven't decided yet
    Posted by AllyG303[/QUOTE]

We are doing this. My FI will have a white one and the rest of the guys will have whatever flowers match the girls.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I haven't decided, but I saw something like this recently, and really liked it:

I don't know what the girls' flowers are going to look like yet, because my mom's friend is doing them and we haven't talked about them yet.  My colors are black, white, and fuschia, but FI wants nothing to do with the pink hahaha.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    All the men in the WP inc. ring bearer  will have yellow roses, Fi will have a green rose, dads and grandmothers will have a white rose, and moms will have rose bouts. as well but we have chosen the colors yet, it depend on what they are wearing.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    It will be a single calla lily for the guys (FI will have a white rose or 2)
  • Options
    Yes we are doing them.

FI will have a blue orchid with a peacock feather behind it.
    All the other guys will have purple callalillies with a peacock feather behind 
    TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • Options
    We're doing baby's breath bouts like this:

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NO idea! I don't even want to go there yet.

Though I have thought of DIYing because some of those projects are so darn cute! But then I started wondering... does it come off selfish or self-centered for the bride and BMs bouquets to be fresh flowers, but GMs and everyone else (except groom probably) have a non floral DIY bout or corsage??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-boutonnieres?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2576c90a-3322-4c53-a47f-e53e2b1d2134Post:eb95f1a7-89de-4079-853e-a10205a49789">Re: Let's talk about boutonnieres</a>:
    [QUOTE]NO idea! I don't even want to go there yet. Though I have thought of DIYing because some of those projects are so darn cute! But then I started wondering... does it come off selfish or self-centered for the bride and BMs bouquets to be fresh flowers, but GMs and everyone else (except groom probably) have a non floral DIY bout or corsage??
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

<div>Honestly? I don't think guys care that much about flowers. I even think they might be relieved to have something more 'manly' than flowers :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards