Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Negotiating with vendors...

I am going to visit a venue on Saturday that we really want, but it may be slightly over our budget. Did you find venues and vendors willing to negotiate their pricing or add in extras to get your business?

Re: Negotiating with vendors...

• Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yea.. my venue was more expensive than I could afford... so I just told them my budget and they went with it. I got my venue for 2,000 less than the orginal min for that night
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At the time of contract signing, our venue would make no concessions. It almost made me re-think our decision, but when it came down to it, they really helped us out and saved us several thousand dollars. In this economy, most venues will do more than they normally would, so it's definitely worth a try to negotiate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't be shy about it at all... the worst they can say is "no".  I negotiated with every vendor I dealt with and was able to get something additional with every one of them.  Most didn't drop the price but they did offer additional services or perks that I wouldn't have received if I didn't ask.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My motto is "It doesn't hurt to ask or try"
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't really negotiate too much with Maggiano's but I did get the lemon cookies thrown in for free when I mentioned how much we liked them.  We also got the upgrade to beef tenderloin for $2 a person since we cut the desserts.  Just don't be hurt if they say no.  Will there be other areas you can skimp in your budget if the answer is in fact no?  We decided that flowers, the church and Maggiano's were the most important thing.  I found really great deals on the other stuff so it I got the things that I wanted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think almost everybody is willing to negotiate with you as long as its reasonable.But if they are not willing to negotiate and you really want the venue, you might have to cut something else out to stay in your budget.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariah said it best :PI didn't negotiate with the venue since they're a nonprofit organization, but I have negotiated everything else (with the exception of photography) so far.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards