July 2012 Weddings

Wedding Day Makeup! Please PIP!

If you have had your makeup trial run already, what was it like?? Do you have pictures from your trial that you can post?

Do you have inspiration pictures for makeup? If so, POST HERE!!!

Are you going to have false lashes?

I love makeup so this is a fun thread idea for me :):) post away!!

Re: Wedding Day Makeup! Please PIP!

• here is my inspiration. I am not going for trials until June:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oooh fun thread!!

I don't know what I want yet, but I need to decide soon!

Part of me wants something that will pop, kind of like this:

But I don't know... I'm a little worried that if I cry a lot, that would be more likely to look terrible than a more neutral look would.

I can't decide about false lashes either. I think they make a huge impact in photos, but my FI hates the idea of them, and I don't want to scare him with them! I am undecided.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• l,
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Since I have fair skin.  I am not doing anything dramatic.  As far as foundation, I am just going to be covering under-eye circles and blemishes.  I hate looking cakey.

Definitely no false eyelashes for me. Just mascara on the top, eyeliner and gray eyeshadow.  For lips, a light pink or nude lipstick with gloss.

• Yes, I am doing false eyelashes, but not the whole strand version (does that make sense?). My MUA uses individual eyelashes, so they are placed sporadically and look very natural, just make your eyelashes fuller and longer.

I realized that all of my photos from my trial are kind of tiny, but I went with just slightly more than natural in terms of makeup.

Here's a photo:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have gone for my first trial and I wasn't really sure what I wanted.  I am doing at least two trial runs so for the first one I told the MUA that I was going to let her do whatever she thought would look good.  If there was something I didn't like we could make the change at my next trial.  She did an amazing job and I loved the way it came out.  She asked me my colors which are burgundy and silver and used them on my eyes.  

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to post.  That was a hectic day and I totally forgot to take some pictures.  

As for false lashes I wasn't really sure about them.  I went ahead and let her do them for the first trial and at first I wasn't sure I liked them.  However, as the day went on and I got used to them I really ended up liking them and will probably go with them for the wedding.  We went out with friends the night of my trial and the lashes looked so natural neither my friends nor my FI couldn't even tell I was wearing them.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • here's me after my makeup trial (ahh first post with my actual picture in it!).  I'm going to ask for a bit less eyeliner under my eyes for the wedding. Most indian brides wear dramatic makeup so I think this is a good compromise. I let my fiance see me after and he though my makeup was a bit much (only because he loves me with no makeup on).  I have fake eyelashes on in the picture (my first time wearing them). I took them off later and took another picture. It totally made a difference in photos (in a bad way) so I will be wearing fake eyelashes for the wedding. I might just take them off after pictures though because I feel like I could catch an bug with them!
  • Here's a picture of my makeup so you can see how the fake eyelashes look when they are individually placed ones:

PS - I HATE MY HAIR MORE AND MORE NOW!!  hahaha

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wedding-day-makeup-please-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8906148e-88d4-48b8-a70c-0fe0b753c301Post:ea4d716a-a852-47a9-bf3d-9a329254b469">Re: Wedding Day Makeup! Please PIP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]here's me after my makeup trial (ahh first post with my actual picture in it!).  I'm going to ask for a bit less eyeliner under my eyes for the wedding. Most indian brides wear dramatic makeup so I think this is a good compromise. <strong>I let my fiance see me after and he though my makeup was a bit much (only because he loves me with no makeup on).</strong>  I have fake eyelashes on in the picture (my first time wearing them). I took them off later and took another picture. It totally made a difference in photos (in a bad way) so I will be wearing fake eyelashes for the wedding. I might just take them off after pictures though because I feel like I could catch an bug with them!
    Posted by arunkumar[/QUOTE]

I am afraid my FI would say the same, so I'm scheduling my trial for a day that I'm not going to see him! I think your make-up looks perfect, definitely not too dramatic at all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My eyelashes do not curl or hold a curl at all. they are mostly stick straight. So i will likely have a couple eyelashes, to give mine some definition and shape. 
    as for overall makeup- i havent had a trial yet, but i am looking at one of these options. 
    this is a more subdued option..

and heres a more dramatic possibility.  

we'll see what happens at the trial. :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wedding-day-makeup-please-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8906148e-88d4-48b8-a70c-0fe0b753c301Post:5e2a8f96-76c9-4e0b-afba-ce02ded9ebe5">Re: Wedding Day Makeup! Please PIP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Day Makeup! Please PIP! : I am afraid my FI would say the same, so I'm scheduling my trial for a day that I'm not going to see him! I think your make-up looks perfect, definitely not too dramatic at all!
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I didn't have a problem with him seeing me. I actually wanted his opinion, even if I wasn't going to agree with it. At least he knows what to expect. But either way, I'm sure he'd still like the way I look.  It would be fun too to surprise him like you are doing!
  • I don't have any pics because I am doing my own makeup but YES I am using fake lashes.. I use them all the time and loVe Them..

I usually just were the pretty plain ones, but I think I am going to try these http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P114418&categoryId=B70
  • I had my makeup trial done for my shower a few weeks ago. I wasn't a believer in the false lashes, but decided to try them just to see. So glad I did! They looked and felt very natural and I will definitely use them on our wedding day. (mine were the full set that peels off instead of individuals)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am torn between a super classic look with some red lips, like this:

and sexier looks with more intense and unique eyes, like this;

(only with more purples instead of pinks)
    or this:

(only with not as much black).

I also love when skin has the "dewy" finish to it, like this:

I just don't want dewy and pretty to translate into sweaty looking and gross later on....

I also FOR SURE need false lashes! I wore them in our engagement pictures and LOVED them...except for a few super close-up shots and a shot that our photographer took from above our heads, looking down, where you could tell they were fake. I just glued on a simple strip of them, and I think the single lashes like bridetobe was talking about can be used to look a LOT more natural, while still giving the effect of much longer lashes. 
  • edited March 2012
    This is my inspiration but it 's probably a little too dark so maybe a lighter version. I just like the dark purpley color in the crease and how shimmery it is. 

I am SO doing false lashes. I wear them 3-4 times a month already so I'd feel naked if I didn't wear them. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • These are my 2 inspiration pics from pinterest... I'm not planning on a formal trial with my on-site stylist - but may do one at sephora.

• I really like your purple inspiration Butterfly!! I'd like something similar to that but with a little less purple I think. Or Elizabeth's 2nd look smoky brown although I do something very similar to that for everyday. Much more toned down of course and not half as skillful haha! But the point is I don't know if I'd feel very special with something so close to what I always do. Maybe adding a little purple would do the trick..!
  • I think I'm going to go for something similar to bells pic, but I can't tell if she has color there? I think I want more neutral colors, but bold. That's how I usually wear my makeup. I'm having airbrush done and fake lashes like bridetobe's, the individual ones. I'm so freaking excited! I love makeup just a little too much lol.
    Photobucket
  • I have no idea about this!  I am looking for a couple places locally to do a makeup trial.  I am still trying to decide if I want to do airbrush or not.  I know I want really dramatic eyemakeup bc thats what I like and my eyes are my best facial feature.  I am uncomfortable in to much color for lips so I will probably go pretty natural with that part.  I am not sure about fake lashes either.  I have never done them.  My lashes are already really long and pretty but I bet they would be even more awesome with some help!  Bells, I am pretty sure I have that makeup pinned!
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards