July 2013 Weddings
Options

July Week 3 Accountability Post

Continuation from this post.

I achieved all of my work-out goals for this week!  I am all sweaty (just finished my last run when we got home from hanging out with F-ILs) but soooo proud of myself!  I completed week 1 of C25k and did 3 +/- 15 minute weight workouts.  I started out with two 3 lb weights for this week.  Runs ended up on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday while I did weights on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.  I ended up doing night runs with Anya for the last two and she did SOOO good!  From past experiences I've had trying with her I thought it was going to be an issue but she got right into the swing of it.  I started using the mushing terms "hike!" and "woah!" for when I start running and when we stop and "on by" for when she gets distracted.  I need to figure out a good one for slow down so I don't have to stop every time before we start walking again.  I also like evening runs a lot better (I'm more of a night person than a morning person anyways) - I don't have to worry about making it home in time to shower for work and through the week FI is usually in bed before it gets dark so it gives us some girly exercise time, lol.  P.S. Fixed chafing issue by switching to wearing comfy yoga pants while running.  They move freely, are comfy, and super breatheable.

Ate out a bit more than I would have liked (that seems to always happen when we have FSKs) but still less than I had been in the past, so it's still a win in my book.  I also ordered non-fried food when we went out for our "big meal", which was my only real meal of the day so I'm not feeling too bad about my grilled chicken with mushrooms, caesar salad & sweet potato that I had at Texas Roadhouse.  I also had a few peanuts (yay protein) and only one roll.

This week: Another 3x 15 min 3lb free weight toning work-outs and 3 runs to complete week 2 of C25k!  I NEED to get a picture taken of me this week (maybe in one of my new outfits I bought today?) and get my measurements down so I have something to compare it to as I keep progressing!
Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: July Week 3 Accountability Post

• Options
    i say use the word "easy" to slow down i use it with my pit and when i rode horses with them
  • Options
    yay congrats woot woot go girly
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-week-3-accountability-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1ac02ece-cac6-45cf-8694-5bf5a0e14ae9Post:ddc81f43-d9c3-47b4-8046-9cb1c4eb88ac">Re: July Week 3 Accountability Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]i say use the word "easy" to slow down i use it with my pit and when i rode horses with them
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]

I guess thats what they use for sled dogs too.  If we actually have snow this year I plan on getting her a sled, so I figure I'd get her started on it now.  I need to start using R/L commands with her when we're going around corners too.
  • Options
    arent those gee/haw lol no clue think thats what used with horses
  • Options
    I lost another pound this week! Whee! I didn't really do a whole lot. Went to the gym twice, but I starte TWO new jobs so now I am on my feet more often then not. Except today. I don't work today. But I think I will take a few walks or maybe go jogging. But the clouds aren't looking too good.

The hair on the other hand is not in good shape. D: I have been stressed with school and the new jobs.
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I cant say the same as you girls. I gained this week due to another out of wack work schedule. Fi and I have been more active with mt bike riding, in which I now have an injury ....ugh.. we'll see what this week brings.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    what did you do (for injury)
  • Options
    I rammed my hoohaa into the top post...twice... aka the bar that goes across a bike.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    lol ouch.. um ice it lol and no sex lol haha kidding
  • Options
    Thats pretty much what I've been doing. It hurts to sit, walk, move ...just about any activity is out lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    omg im sorry u rammed it really hard then tell FI u need ice cream to recover lol
  • Options
    I gained last week and I thought I was doing really good, so don't sweat it.  Just tell yourself that muscle weighs more than fat :)

I forgot to weigh myself this a.m. so I'll have to do it in the morning to see if there's any difference from last week one way or the other.
  • Options
    I didn't lose or gain this week. I worked out everyday until Thursday and then I had a few slacking days and then I had a girls weekend. Even with having a girls weekend I ate really well it was the drinking that did me in. Oh well I needed girl time!

Enjoy you weeks ladies!! keep up the good work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    i weigh in tomorrow, but i'm not optimistic!! what with our one year mark and our weekend of food and fun, i was less than smart about my food choices!! going to the gym tonight to hit the eliptical and weights! :)

and flutter: GOOD JOB!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Funny story: I accidentally swapped out my running vs. walking minutes last week, so I was doing more running than I was supposed to be doing during week one.  haha!
  • Options
    In Response to Re:July Week 3 Accountability Post:[QUOTE]Funny story: I accidentally swapped out my running vs. walking minutes last week, so I was doing more running than I was supposed to be doing during week one.nbsp; haha! Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

Thats a good thing!! You are definitely on the ball.

Update: i lost the original 2 lbs I was working on from last week so its back to square 1 for me. Hopefully I can continue and drop another 3 by next week.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Dudes, I actually gained again.  wtf.

Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat.  Muscle weights more than fat. 

In all seriousness, a guy at work today asked me if I had lost weight :) So I'll take it that my running is working, even if the #s don't say so yet!  It has to be something awesome for a GUY to have noticed. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards