July 2014 Weddings
Options

Am i crazy for tryn to have everything ready now

Is it to early that I'm lookin for a venue already

Re: Am i crazy for tryn to have everything ready now

• Options
    I don't think so, I already booked my venue back in May!
  • Options
    No, some places book two years in advance.. I want to have my venue booked by the end of this month.
    255313_3528328290997_1532703995_n
    We say, "I do" on July 12, 2014.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    I'll be visiting venues in December and hoping to book by the end of January - I am getting married in a popular wedding destination city, so I don't think it's too early AT ALL.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hey!!  I'm the 7'12 moderator!  Just popping in to give my two cents! =)  If you want you can always pop over & ask us questions at anytime =)

Now to answer your question, Nope!  Booking certain vendors now is great because 1) you'll get this year's pricing (which could save you tons of $$) 2) one less thing to worry about 3) you'll still have a lot of fun planning the big/small details for the next 1.5 years or so =)  You won't be able to pick the meal choices right away which makes it fun when it gets closer to your wedding...4) you'll be able to save money and not be bombarded with a huge wedding expense...sure it is a big expense, but you'll be able to make more payments =)

Vendors to book now:

Ceremony & Reception venues
    Photographer (especially if they're really popular)
    Videographer (again, especially if they're popular)

Vendors to book within the year mark if above hasn't been booked:

Florist
    Baker
    DJ
    Ceremony musicians
    Hair/make-up stylist

As far as everything else goes...Yes, I think the details are a little early...people change, styles change, etc...I'd wait until a year to finish planning the details like dresses, hair, cake, colors, etc...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2014-weddings_am-i-crazy-for-tryn-to-have-everything-ready-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:362ec957-f2b2-4d5b-ab11-036a377ec1c6Discussion:0207af60-d57c-45d6-94c4-8590ac638588Post:97f58118-d5fe-4ff7-a342-f97f7818188f">Re: Am i crazy for tryn to have everything ready now</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey!!  I'm the 7'12 moderator!  Just popping in to give my two cents! =)  If you want you can always pop over & ask us questions at anytime =) Now to answer your question, Nope!  Booking certain vendors now is great because 1) you'll get this year's pricing (which could save you tons of $$) 2) one less thing to worry about 3) you'll still have a lot of fun planning the big/small details for the next 1.5 years or so =)  You won't be able to pick the meal choices right away which makes it fun when it gets closer to your wedding...4) you'll be able to save money and not be bombarded with a huge wedding expense...sure it is a big expense, but you'll be able to make more payments =) Vendors to book now: Ceremony & Reception venues Photographer (especially if they're really popular) Videographer (again, especially if they're popular) Vendors to book within the year mark if above hasn't been booked: Florist Baker DJ Ceremony musicians Hair/make-up stylist As far as everything else goes...Yes, I think the details are a little early...people change, styles change, etc...I'd wait until a year to finish planning the details like dresses, hair, cake, colors, etc...
    Posted by littlemoments324[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks!!</div>
  • Options
    Absolutely not! :) I've already booked my venue and officiant.  If you have to book an officiant, it's best to do some looking now, because you have a better chance of having exactly who you want to marry you.  After my FI and I spoke to him this weekend, we booked him right away! :)

Good luck to you! Happy Planning! :)
  • Options
    My FDIL has almost everything booked already!  :D  She started looking only days after getting engaged, and was surprised to find many of their preferred locations booked 18-24 months out!  So it was a good thing that they didn't wait!

So go ahead and book now to get this year's pricing - and a big check off your to-do list!  ;)
  • Options
    lauracutterlauracutter member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2013
    Just saw the date on this. Sorry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards