June 2013 Weddings

Who designed your wedding dress and/or How much did/will you spend on it? Describe it.

I was very lucky...I bought a beautiful dress for under $200....off the internet....turns out its actually a Davids Bridal knock off but they did a great job lol! White, Sweetheart, strapless, long train but short front, gathered and organza fabric. Im trying to see if a tailor or something can incorporate some teal/jade emboidery and beading...
****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown

Re: Who designed your wedding dress and/or How much did/will you spend on it? Describe it.

• ygymnast1ygymnast1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I have a Casablanca dress purchased from a local bridal store. It was 1225 before taxes. It's ivory, strapless, sweetheat, beading all over the dress. Fit and flare style.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds gorgeous!
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Mine is Sottero Midgley "Tracey" I got it in white. It's an all over tulle, lace, beaded fit and flare which gathers into an aline skirt. It has scalloped edges and a sweetheart neckline and an absolutely gorgeous train! I absolutely LOVE my dress!
  • edited October 2012
    Oh and my dress was 1,888.90. It was a little more, because I had to order it 5" shorter so they didn't have to move the applique's and make some overlap. I'm so excited for it to come in!!!!
  • My dress is an exclusive from the salon I bought it from. New York Bride Exclusive design- modified a-line ballgown with a drop waist. Organza ruching on the top with beading that goes under the bust and right around the drop waist and down the corset. Tulle skirt with a short train. Paid $1100. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My dress is made by Ogli Cassini, its a-line, ivory, completely beaded bodice, strapless, organza fabric, it was orginally $1,200 i got it on sale for $600.00
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is Private Label by G, Kenneth Winston Collection, PL1347. The price on the tag was $1097. Alterations shouldn't be too bad because I'm a really good height for the standard size.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My dress is a Maggie Sottero from the Fall 2012 Collection, it's called the "Lena" gown.
    It's a vintage inspired design of all over lace with a delicate tulle overlay that gathers to a "bling" applique at the waistline. Off the shoulder, v neck, with a low back and medium length train.

I bought it from a local bridal salon. The price was $1299 + tax. 

The veil I selected is just like the one I have on in the picture. It's a single tulle fingertip length veil with crystal beading edge. I also got a crystal headband too! 

I'm absolutely in love with my dress, veil and headband. I feel totally gorgeous! It's more beautiful then I ever thought possible. And, I feel like a bride. So excited!

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_who-designed-your-wedding-dress-andor-how-much-didwill-you-spend-on-it-describe-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:15c933db-1bb0-4de5-b65c-76c42effdc3cPost:a611c457-31b0-4612-9151-f1e61a6fa61b">Re: Who designed your wedding dress and/or How much did/will you spend on it? Describe it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is the Edinburgh by Blue By Enzoani, I think it cost around $1500.  It is strapless, and kind of a-line but it kind of kicks out on the left with flowers... hard to describe haha this is it, but I went with a different, thinner belt and a different veil.  I always love an opportunity to AW lol
    Posted by mrskaiser22[/QUOTE]

<div>MrsKaiser, your dress is gorgeous! Very nicely done! </div>

Anniversary
  • My dress was $1500 before taxes. It is a strapless, sweetheart neckline with lots of beading and rhinestones. I got it in white. I can't wait to pick it up and try it on again

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress was $1500 before taxes. It is a strapless, sweetheart neckline with lots of beading and rhinestones. I got it in white. I can't wait to pick it up and try it on again

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mines a discontinued Jasmine Bridal design that I got off the rack for only $488 ;-)
    It's got everything I wanted but looks totally different than what I pictured- it has straps, V-neck, a little lace here and there, a natural waistline, a little train, and flowy fun elegance!!
    it's sparkly and fun and just what I wanted :-)

this is the best photo I can find online since it's discontinued (just scroll down to bigger photos)  http://www.bigdaydress.net/catalog/product/view/_ignore_category/1/id/10398/s/jasmine-wedding-dress-f309/category/2/
  • My dress is Soterro and Midgely's Chelsa...but I will not be wearing the capelet thing! I actually plan on using the lace from the capelet to make a throw pillow for our bed. Is that dumb? Here's a link: http://www.brides.com/wedding-dresses-style/sottero_and_midgley-Chelsa-2000000001466453 Better view (minus that black belt!) http://www.brides.com/wedding-dresses-style/wedding-dresses/2011/10/fall-2012-trends-capelet-sottero I got it in ivory, I'm obsessed with it! Oh and paid $1700, even though that link says $1600! I was ripped off guess :) actually never mind, I bet it's because of sales tax. Ok.
  • My dress is a Sophia Tolli, Joan in champagne. It is rouched satin with lace details and a gorgeous train with lace all around the edge and a corset back. I absolutely LOVE my dress, I don't even know how to describe the rest of it. http://sophiatolli.com/wedding-dresses/Y21242/
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_who-designed-your-wedding-dress-andor-how-much-didwill-you-spend-on-it-describe-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:15c933db-1bb0-4de5-b65c-76c42effdc3cPost:01ad5bbf-380b-4cdb-a845-cf6c7ca1c3dc">Re: Who designed your wedding dress and/or How much did/will you spend on it? Describe it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dress is Soterro and Midgely's Chelsa...but I will not be wearing the capelet thing! I actually plan on using the lace from the capelet to make a throw pillow for our bed. Is that dumb? Here's a link: <a href="http://www.brides.com/wedding-dresses-style/sottero_and_midgley-Chelsa-2000000001466453" rel="nofollow">http://www.brides.com/wedding-dresses-style/sottero_and_midgley-Chelsa-2000000001466453</a> Better view (minus that black belt!) <a href="http://www.brides.com/wedding-dresses-style/wedding-dresses/2011/10/fall-2012-trends-capelet-sottero" rel="nofollow">http://www.brides.com/wedding-dresses-style/wedding-dresses/2011/10/fall-2012-trends-capelet-sottero</a> I got it in ivory, I'm obsessed with it! Oh and paid $1700, even though that link says $1600! I was ripped off guess :) actually never mind, I bet it's because of sales tax. Ok.
    Posted by FruitSnack84[/QUOTE]

<div>I think you should reconsider wearing the capelet! This gown is so gorgeous and the capelet really makes it unique. Without it, it's just another strapless gown. But that beautiful lace on the neckline... Wow, what a statement! </div><div>
    </div><div>This is something I would have tried on for sure. Unfortunately I know that the high neckline wouldn't have looked good on me, I have broad shoulders. But if you can pull this look off... you should! It's so lovely and unique.</div>

Anniversary
  • Fruit, I agree with Brita, I'd seriously consider wearing the capelet. I love how unique it looks.

My dress is a discontinued Mori Lee, style #2201. I didn't expect to buy a dress with so much beading, but once I tried it on, I loved it. It's so different from anything else I tried on. I paid $315 after taxes, which was about $900 less than what I had budgeted for.

Here are some pictures (I have no pictures of myself in the dress, for some reason).

• I love seeing everyone's different styles and themes!!! I just AW'd this in my intro post last week, but here it goes again!

I absolutely love my dress! I was lucky enough to find this in a Bridal consignment shop for only $300. It is a David's Bridal dress with original tags that has never been altered. Thanks to my MOH who took me to the shop where I found it!!!

• Brita & Emily- I like how unique the capelet is, but it really will not look good on me, I was a swimmer so I have broad shoulders and slim hips, and I have a fear of my face looking fat! So no turtlenecks for me. I definitely think it would pretty on a pear shaped girl with a long neck and face!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_who-designed-your-wedding-dress-andor-how-much-didwill-you-spend-on-it-describe-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:15c933db-1bb0-4de5-b65c-76c42effdc3cPost:b22cc639-c037-4458-aff0-8feee42a25f4">Re: Who designed your wedding dress and/or How much did/will you spend on it? Describe it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brita & Emily- I like how unique the capelet is, but it really will not look good on me, I was a swimmer so I have broad shoulders and slim hips, and I have a fear of my face looking fat! So no turtlenecks for me. I definitely think it would pretty on a pear shaped girl with a long neck and face!
    Posted by FruitSnack84[/QUOTE]

<div>Okay, I completely understand. I was a swimmer in too! I also have broad shoulders and slim hips -which is the same reason that I don't wear high necklines either. I do love how they look, just not on me. I tried a few gowns with high lace necklines to achieve a more vintage bridal look, but they just look matronly on me. </div><div>
    </div><div>The lace on your gown is absolutely gorgeous though and will make a statement even without the capelet.</div>

Anniversary
  • My dress is Casablanca Couture. I changed the design (but not the material) of the bottom of my dress. I love that is customized just for me, and that it really really displays my personality and style. The dress is:
    It has a silk ruched top with jewels right under the bust. Then it is lace to the ground. The original dress is a fit n flare, but we are changing it to an a-line. They are also adding straps for me (using the lace that is in the design of the dress). The picture is me creating the a-line by pulling the lace up some. I will probably get a long veil like that, but it's not picked out and ordered yet.

I think when it was all said and done, it was right around $2,000. The dress was $1700 and the straps were $150 and the change of the bottom was like $250. Then we had to have it rushed so I can do my first fitting when I come home in February. that was another $150...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress is designed by Essence of Australia and costed around $1400. It was way out of my budget but when I tried it on, I knew it was the one and had to splurge! All of your dresses sound and look beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought a Mori Lee dress on sale at a local bridal shop.

Strapless, ivory corset top with some beautiful beading on the front. The fabric criss crosses in the front then there are ruffles.

Was $749 - I bought as is off the floor. Can't wait to wear it!

Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_who-designed-your-wedding-dress-andor-how-much-didwill-you-spend-on-it-describe-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:15c933db-1bb0-4de5-b65c-76c42effdc3cPost:bf338574-92e5-4870-b38a-0a221d2d4853">Who designed your wedding dress and/or How much did/will you spend on it? Describe it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was very lucky...I bought a beautiful dress for under $200....off the internet....turns out its actually a Davids Bridal knock off but they did a great job lol! White, Sweetheart, strapless, long train but short front, gathered and organza fabric. Im trying to see if a tailor or something can incorporate some teal/jade emboidery and beading...
    Posted by aquari0216[/QUOTE]

My dress is Allure and it was about $1300 which was a STEAL and totally under budget!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_who-designed-your-wedding-dress-andor-how-much-didwill-you-spend-on-it-describe-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:15c933db-1bb0-4de5-b65c-76c42effdc3cPost:e9ab1dc2-8c55-42ca-895d-462ed5c2ce3f">Re: Who designed your wedding dress and/or How much did/will you spend on it? Describe it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is Private Label by G, Kenneth Winston Collection, PL1347. The price on the tag was $1097. Alterations shouldn't be too bad because I'm a really good height for the standard size.
    Posted by blferguson1s[/QUOTE]
    Where did you purchase your dress? I am buying the same one in New Orleans but the price is a few hundred more :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards