March 2012 Weddings

wedding day nails

Hey I was wondering what everyone was doing for their wedding mani/pedi and also when will you be going for your mani/pedi.  my nails are long so i dont wear tips but i am not sure what if one of my nails breaks before the wedding then i have one short one.  so tell me, tell me and if you have inspirational pics please share!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding day nails

• I don't have an pictures for inspiration, just never thought about it. I will be going the Friday before the wedding with my girls and maybe my Mom and FSIL to get mani/pedis. I will just have my natural nails done in a french manicure and maybe the same on my toes or do them in a pink. I haven't had fake nails in years and won't do it again since my natural nails are really strong and pretty.
    imageAnniversary
  • I was introduced to Shellac gel nail polish right before Thanksgiving and had such a good experience I plan on doing it again.  In case you haven't heard of it, it's  sort of a mix between acrylic nails and regular nail polish.  It's not necessarily good for your nails, but I like the more natural look of them compared to acrylics.  It costs anywhere between $25-35 and mine lasted 4 weeks without any chips!!! (other than the fact that they were ridiculously grown out!! :) )... I just haven't gotten it in French yet, so I'm going to try it out for my bachelorette/ shower (2 consecutive weekends) next month to make sure I like it before booking an appointment for the wedding.  We leave for our 10 day HM 2 weeks after the wedding, so I plan on getting them done again for that too! :)
    Anniversary
  • I was originally considering getting french tips done because I used to get them all the time but I stopped with the fake nail thing about 3 years ago and my nails are so much healthier and stronger now. So I'm thinking I don't want to do that anymore.
    A french manicure was another option but I don't like the way it looks on my natural nails for some reason. Every week I've been testing out different neutral shades to see what I like best and so far I think the top runner is Essie's Waltz shade. It's a white shade that's not too opaque and clear looking but not too bright white either. I don't have any pictures of it but it's a popular shade so I think if you google it tons of pictures will come up. On my toes I'll probably do a bright pink color.
    I'm going to go with my BMs & mom the night before the wedding and hopefully I won't chip or smudge them! lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_wedding-day-nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:a172fbdd-5e9e-4056-af22-d3d651d3e38cPost:cda7cc47-6fa8-4f09-9997-af7c92e83b48">Re: wedding day nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have an pictures for inspiration, just never thought about it. I will be going the Friday before the wedding with my girls and maybe my Mom and FSIL to get mani/pedis. I will just have my natural nails done in a french manicure and maybe the same on my toes or do them in a pink. I haven't had fake nails in years and won't do it again since my natural nails are really strong and pretty.
    Posted by jbrook12[/QUOTE]

Same here.  I have been giving myself home manicures weekly just to make sure my nails are in really good condition before the wedding.  I'm going to get a frenfch manicure probably the morning of the wedding since the wedding isn't till 3:30 I have a little bit of time and I want to make sure they don't get chipped. I wil either do the same or blue polish to match our pool blue color.
  • As bad as it is for my nails, and even though its been 3 years since I got it done. I'm probably going to go Friday before the R and RD and get short gel tip nails put on. I'll be doing a pink/white set (it looks much more natural) and then a french on my toes as well. I plan on inviting my mom, fmil, fsils (if they are in town), and my BM. I plan on paying for my BM and my mom and fmil, to get manicures and pedicures but I don't intend on paying for fsils. I just need to find the most descrete way of paying for them without fsils knowing. I think I will just make a trip to the salon, that morning and pay for the four of us and then go and enjoy our appointment that afternoon.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited January 2012
    I will be going to get my nails done on friday, and my Nail tech (she's been doing my nails for the last 12 years) is planning on doing some "wedding" inspired nails for my next several appoinments, so I'll take pics and post them as I can...but I know she's hoping to put a little splash of blue on my toes for the wedding too :)

And CMAC Shellac is wonderful!! Highly recommended...and they can even do temporary acrylics for the wedding too..
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: wedding day nails:
    [QUOTE]I will be going to get my nails done on friday, and my Nail tech (she's been doing my nails for the last 12 years) is planning on doing some "wedding" inspired nails for my next several appoinments, so I'll take pics and post them as I can...but I know she's hoping to put a little splash of blue on my toes for the wedding too :) And CMAC Shellac is wonderful!! Highly recommended...and they can even do temporary acrylics for the wedding too..
    Posted by bdgrl73[/QUOTE]

I'm excited for this! I've been getting my nails done for the past few months and trying to decide what to do for the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Dx PCOS November 2010
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I'm getting pink and white uv gels put back on.  I wore them for years but took them off in October to let my nails heal for the wedding.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well I play guitar, so I have to keep my nails super short for my personal comfort.... so I will just be painting my nails a very pretty mauve color. My toes will be covered, but I will probably get the same color.
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • French on my nails, toes..... whatever color that makes me happy at ulta that week. I tend to bring my own polish to the salon so I can paint them when needed/or paint my nails after the wedding to match. 
    Photobucket

Anniversary
    213image enjoyed some southern charm
    163imagedrank out of mason jars
    50image stayed up the north
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_wedding-day-nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:a172fbdd-5e9e-4056-af22-d3d651d3e38cPost:c870a1df-2636-4050-a2ad-5563585f9f55">Re: wedding day nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was introduced to <strong>Shellac gel nail polish</strong> right before Thanksgiving and had such a good experience I plan on doing it again.  In case you haven't heard of it, it's  sort of a mix between acrylic nails and regular nail polish.  It's not necessarily good for your nails, but I like the more natural look of them compared to acrylics.  It costs anywhere between $25-35 and mine lasted 4 weeks without any chips!!! (other than the fact that they were ridiculously grown out!! :) )... <strong>I just haven't gotten it in French yet, so I'm going to try it out for my bachelorette/ shower</strong> (2 consecutive weekends) next month to make sure I like it before booking an appointment for the wedding.  We leave for our 10 day HM 2 weeks after the wedding, so I plan on getting them done again for that too! :)
    Posted by cmac3504[/QUOTE]

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Shellac!!! I highly recommend it! It is so awesome...sort of like permanent nail polish. Mine didn't chip for 3 weeks and really just had to change it because it was growing out...

I always get the French manicure done with the shellac and it looks great everytime...they do an awesome job where I go.

I am doing dark red on my toes to match my dark red shoes :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • I use to get the acrylic french tip nails religiously. However, in the last year or so I've really changed my opinion about them and definitely won't be doing them for the wedding. I'll get a shellac french tip manicure and probably the same thing for my toes. I'm doing it Wednesday afternoon, which is the day of my rehearsal and two days before the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards