May 2012 Weddings

bachelorette vent

Ok maybe I'm overreacting but my bachelorette is this weekend, and it's been planned by my bridal party. My sister just said to me, "we're not expected to pay for you are we?" and of course I'm not going to say yes but I'm really bummed. Every bachelorette I've planned (including for 2 of the girls out of the 5 planning mine) we all paid for everthing for the bride. I guess it's good I found out now rather than looking dumb when the dinner bill came. 
Anniversary

Re: bachelorette vent

• Lyra1020Lyra1020 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_bachelorette-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:dc33382a-8e8e-4dff-86ff-5293fd859253Post:4dc240bc-189d-4a82-9de9-9c85eb6a5187">bachelorette vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok maybe I'm overreacting but my bachelorette is this weekend, and it's been planned by my bridal party. <strong>My sister just said to me, "we're not expected to pay for you are we?"</strong> and of course I'm not going to say yes but I'm really bummed. Every bachelorette I've planned (including for 2 of the girls out of the 5 planning mine) we all paid for everthing for the bride. I guess it's good I found out now rather than looking dumb when the dinner bill came. 
    Posted by lindsayadams80[/QUOTE]

Seriously?! Of course the BMs are supposed to pay for the bride! That's how it has always been when I've attended a bachelorette party! Wow ... sorry to hear this.
  • Thats very strange. Is this your sister's first b-party? Maybe the other girls know that they're supposed to pay for the bride and there wont be an issue but I'd bring some $ with you just in case. That does kind of suck though, sorry!
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • That's weird. I have never been to a bachelorette party where we didn't pay for the bride. You can't really do anything about it except come prepared with money and wait to see if someone steps up when the bill comes and devides it among the rest of the girls.

I'm sorry though! That's no fun.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm with everyone...you shouldn't be expected to pay anything...I hope the other girls picks it up for you. Have fun and try not to worry!
  • Thanks all for the support. I was feeling really down and couldn't really vent to my sister or the other girls. Maybe the other girls will I guess we'll see. I'll definitly be prepared with money now though. Bummer. 
    Anniversary
  • isnt paying for you what the BMs are supposed to do? thats the point of the bachlorette party...although  Mine did to an extent but i still laid out some of my own money at my bachelorette because they didnt buy me drinks. but they did pay my dinner cost.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_bachelorette-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:dc33382a-8e8e-4dff-86ff-5293fd859253Post:1e40399d-a61b-4b3e-afc6-19dfbe2df123">Re: bachelorette vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to bachelorette vent : Seriously?! Of course the BMs are supposed to pay for the bride! That's how it has always been when I've attended a bachelorette party! Wow ... sorry to hear this.
    Posted by Lyra1020[/QUOTE]

<div>This. </div>
  • That's what I thought, but apparently my sister doesn't think so. Neither of my sisters have ever hosted a bahcelorette and one of them has lived in Ireland for the past 10 years so maybe they just don't know but either way I would have thought the others girls would have discussed that especially since one of them I was in her wedding last year and her bachelorette cost me a small fortune. 
    Anniversary
  • wow, that's like throwing a birthday party for something and asking them to pay for their own pizza...  that's lame, i'm sorry!

maybe the other BMs will know better, but at least you were sort of warned ahead of time.

let us know how it goes, i would be sad if someone threw me a b-party and then expected me to pay for it, i've got enough to pay for!!  haha
  • edited March 2012
    I have gone to one before where I wasn't even a BM or the one who planned the party and I still helped pay for the bride. That's very strange. I would take money just in case but I wouldn't be happy about it! Sorry!!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_bachelorette-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:dc33382a-8e8e-4dff-86ff-5293fd859253Post:37809eb2-0917-41a2-8270-49fbc992ee0d">Re: bachelorette vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats very strange. Is this your sister's first b-party? Maybe the other girls know that they're supposed to pay for the bride and there wont be an issue but I'd bring some $ with you just in case. That does kind of suck though, sorry!
    Posted by cpm1223[/QUOTE]

<div>This!  I would find it really strange that out of all the girls, none of them would realize that they are supposed to pay for you.  Maybe your sister just don't know any better.  Hope they do it right for you.</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That really stink, I'm sorry!  Those who attend typically pick up the tab for the bride-to-be....at least that's how it's been at every bach party I've ever attended.
    Anniversary
  • Yikes! I wonder if they don't realize that when they are giving you a bachelorette party it means they are paying... I am really sorry :(
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards