May 2013 Weddings

Chair Cover Help!

The venue that we chose includes a white chair cover, but to add a color sash, it costs $2.50 a chair! That is absolutely ridiculous to me, so does anyone have any opinions on something to do that will be way cheaper? It can't be that hard to DIY something up, right? Our colors are coral with pops of yellow and peach.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Chair Cover Help!

• LB&SFLB&SF member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I would post this also on the DIY board.  I have heard those ladies are amazing.
    May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I came accross this site..www.rentmywedding.com
    JUNE SIGGY- =)Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you are set on having sashes maybe you can find some that you can buy off the wedding classified board then once your wedding is over you can sell them...
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not entirely set on having them, but i just figured that white tablecloths and white covers would be a lot of white. Maybe I'm just seeing it all wrong in my head...I'm such a visual person. Would adding a coral table runner help?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_chair-cover-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:692ef495-c09b-4493-84bb-209d2e72061cPost:3729048d-4dcc-464a-bd52-8c7084bdbbc7">Re: Chair Cover Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not entirely set on having them, but i just figured that white tablecloths and white covers would be a lot of white. Maybe I'm just seeing it all wrong in my head...I'm such a visual person. Would adding a coral table runner help?
    Posted by ptobias45[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a great idea!!! The chairs that your venue provides do they have to have a chair cover on them? You could also do a overlay on the white table colth so it adds some color.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You could make chair sashes for less than $2.50 per chair, but honestly, I don't like sashes anyway.  I think chairs should just blend in.  I'd stick with the white chair covers and add a runner.  You can also make a runner or overlay rather inexpensively.  It would be a lot of work finding the right fabric and making that many of them, but it's certainly possible.  If you go fabric shopping, don't just look at bolts of fabrics- go to walmart and target and look at shower curtains, curtains, sheets, and see how much fabric you can get at what price.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Efavorsmart.com I got a chair cover for 1.29 and a sash for a 1.00
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards