September 2012 Weddings

What is your first dance song?

2»

Re: What is your first dance song?

• He's been trying to talk me into "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton since before we were even engaged.  I tried to change his mind to "Thank You" by Led Zep and he was okay with that, but we're going with "Wonderful Tonight" instead.  I just felt bad initially because I felt that it was the type of song from the man to the woman instead of a mutual thing, but it was our first slow dance and he requests it at every single wedding we go to so we can dance to it, so it's "our song."  I couldn't change that for our own wedding :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-is-your-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:10a41e63-9717-4c3c-b528-36b0ed8dc49dPost:ec00844f-30c9-4ab6-91dc-77437804a1b9">Re: What is your first dance song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We don't have "a song" either and FI claims not to care what the song is as long as it's short, lol, so it's pretty much up to me. My current favorite is "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney, but I don't want to commit to it for sure yet. However, we're starting dance lessons in 3 weeks, so I better figure it out by then, lol!
    Posted by irshdancr5500[/QUOTE]

I'm walking down the aisle to "Maybe I'm Amazed" and I get all teary every. single. time. I listen to it.  I grew up with The Beatles/McCartney/Lennon and knew almost immediately that was the song I'd be walking down to meet him to.
  • 'Diamond' by Steven Kellogg & the Sixers. It has significance because it has to do with when we first met. :-)
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-is-your-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:10a41e63-9717-4c3c-b528-36b0ed8dc49dPost:1c834bee-8d5b-455f-8507-355c8424e6d9">Re: What is your first dance song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your first dance song? : I'm walking down the aisle to "Maybe I'm Amazed" and I get all teary every. single. time. I listen to it.  I grew up with The Beatles/McCartney/Lennon and knew almost immediately that was the song I'd be walking down to meet him to.
    Posted by jacquiroxx[/QUOTE]

<div>I was too! My parents have so many home videos of me dancing to Beatles and McCartney music in the family room! The only thing holding me back from the song is that I feel that it's much more about me and my family than me and my fiance... And I saw your ceremony music list and just love it! It's exactly what I would have loved to have if we weren't getting married in a church and restricted on music...</div>
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We can't decide on a song we're leaning towards "stay together" by Al Greene or "you" by Jesse Powell
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our first dance song is "Easy to Love" by Theory of a Deadman.  It's actually a very sweet song, despite the semi scary band name...they're great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hanelizhaneliz member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Our song is Soon as You Can by Dierks Bentley. It has special meaning for us because we've been long distance for the past 2.5 years but that all ends in less than 2 weeks! Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We'll be dancing to "Hold On" by Michael Buble   :-)
  • We will be dancing to "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz - my fiance is in the Army Guard, and so we don't always have a lot of time to make our decisons!  But we both love this song, and he loves this video - and so do I.....what a wonderful song!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards