Not Engaged Yet

F You, Monday!!

I just have to vent ... and it's only 7:15 AM. Ugh!

So I took off Friday to go with my daughter on her field trip.
I always get to my classroom about 45 minutes to an hour early depending on traffic. I walk in this morning and apparently the sub they had for me on Friday was brain dead... my room is a disaster. Textbooks are piled in the corner, the desks are all out of order, my desk had all kinds of paper and other things on it. The subs here are awful, so I expected this.

Well, I go to print the test I am giving today and, of course, the damn printer isn't working AND it's out of paper. So I get it back working, run get paper, and finally get my test printed.

I am just really annoyed when my day has to start out this way. I like for my hour before the rowdy teenagers enter to be quiet and serene in preparation for the unpredictability that is about to occur.

Anyway, happy Monday, everyone! Hope your day started out better than mine! XO!

Re: F You, Monday!!

• Sorry to hear about the classroom falling apart on Friday! That would drive me up a wall.

Monday so far can end for me, I didn't even punch in yet for work and I had 3 patients I had to see and my CW is sitting in her office on the phone with her sister.

Then a friend of mine who's wedding I was in this month was in the area. I said hello to her, she looked at me and walked away, so now I'm wondering WTF did I do? BF thinks we didn't give enough money for a gift, but we did give something. I'm not debating if I should say something or just keep my mouth shut since after today I'll be back in my regular office faaaar away from the hospital.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Ugh that sounds horrible! Hopefully the rest of your day goes better.

I had a very hard time getting out of bed this morning (probably because it was so cold). H had to be to work at 2 am today so I never really sleep that well once he leaves.

Work this week will be interesting since my boss is in FL (perfect timing, we're supposed to get really cold/crappy weather this week). I'll be in charge of writing out the payroll checks for the very first time and that makes me nervous. Im afraid I'll mess something up or get some of the part timers hours wrong.

• @katieg520 - Well at least it can only get better, right? Hopefully? I'm sure you've mentioned this before but what do you teach?

@buddysmom80 - I miss you already. 

My Monday is starting off ok. I don't really have any complaints except that work is dead. I've been here for 2 hours and we've done 0 trades. I've planned out what movies we'll be watching for the rest of the day (The Happening at 10, The Fog at 12, and either Paranormal Activity 2 or Thirteen Ghosts at 2). That's been the most productive part of my day so far. 

• I'm going to spend the morning dreading getting ripped apart by my boss, and then the afternoon actually getting ripped apart by her when I practice my presentation for a conference.  I'm so done.

• @swazzle I miss you too, but we will see each other Saturday!!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • My Monday is off to a similar start @katieg520, except I threw coffee at myself while driving into work. All over my mouth and jacket. Time to dry clean that guy before it smells too much like sour milk-argh. I also don't have a trash can for my office. We usually put them outside our offices each night to get them emptied, this morning mine is gone.

• @katieg520, hope your day gets much better!

@buddysmom80, that's weird about your friend. I hope she says what she needs to say soon. Doesn't help to just be silent if something is bothering her.

@sakalicious, good luck today! I'm sure you won't get ripped apart.

This week won't be too bad for me. I just wish the weekend had been twice as long ago I could finally recover from LAST week. I'm just not excited about going to lecture in a few minutes, but I will be getting over that very shortly if I want to pass next week's exam.
  • so far, my Monday isn't too bad *knock on wood!!*  we had one big service yesterday, our All Nations/Multicultural service.  we had a BIG ethnic lunch at 11:30 and then had a fun service.  H and I went shopping (he needed some new pants after losing 2 sizes and I picked up a few layering pieces) and then went on a DATE!!  we laid around on the couch for a while, I pounced on him, and then we went to bed by 9:30.

I tried a new technique on my curls yesterday morning when I washed/applied product, and today my second-day-hair looks just as good as my first-day-hair!!  I am SO EXCITED!  normally my second-day-hair is pretty frizzy and dead, so I have to put it in a knot or something.  today I just added some water and the curls were just as pretty as ever.  FINALLY.

I've got a busy evening planned...  I want to do so many things, and I don't think I'll get them all done.  we're getting the house cleaned on Wednesday (YAY GROUPON!!!!!) so I need to make sure everything is picked up so they can use the time cleaning.  I want to clean up the backyard before a storm system moves in tomorrow evening and blows junk all over the place.  I want to go to the library to get new books.  I want to have a serious work-out.  I want to make pumpkin and banana bread (or something, any recipes???) because I have an open can of pumpkin and ripe bananas just wasting.  I have a good dinner planned, but I think it'll take an hour or more to get ready.  I should probably also run a load of laundry.  I doubt I can get ALL that done in 5 or 6 hours, so...  hmmmmm.

@Sakalicious - why will you get ripped apart??

@katieg520 - I'm the same way about my mornings...  I'm not a teacher, but I like to have some quiet time before people start to bombard me with things to do.  it's just the best way to start your work day!
  • @Swazzle I teach English II.
  • Thanks @Amapola14!  I'm giving a platform presentation at Neuroscience and my boss is a huge hard-ass about....everything. 
  • I really can't complain about my Monday yet. All of my complaints are my own fault. :) I'm exhausted from the bachelorette plus staying up late plus the dog waking us up at 2 am because she randomly peed in her crate...with no more warning than a whimper. That was totally awesome...

It's a crappy day out and when I went to Starbucks this morning I could barely get the words out for what I wanted to order...my voice has apparently decided to be super hoarse. If it wasn't such an ugly day I think I'd actually be feeling pretty good in spite of all the tiredness.

• My Monday is going pretty well. I had a great 3.5 mi run this a.m. with a friend. The sun is shining (directly into my office, which keeps me warm), and I'm about to go get a Coke, because I can. 

I'm only in the office three days this week, because I'm going to Reno for an event on Thursday. It should be a really easy trip, and my clients seem really nice, so I'm excited.

Two other awesome things: My nails are finally grown out (all but one). For a habitual nail-biter, it's unbelievable to look down and see long nails. They are actually interfering with my typing! Second, I get to see @jenjenniferf in 56 hours. I'm excited!

@katieg520 - that suckssss
    @buddysmom80 - eff that noise. There is no RIGHT amount to give, especially when you've bought a dress, etc as a member of the wedding party!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Blackbird230Blackbird230 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    I start my jury trial today. They finally picked jurors by last Friday so the evidence begins this morning. Super excited about that. I don't have many other stories lined up though so I'm sure my editor will be mad and I've got a Thursday deadline for the magazine things so talk about crazy busy.

Just trying to plug through until Friday. Headed to Vermont!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I slept in because of pure exhaustion from this weekend. I woke up and freaked out because I have 1000 things to do today and I haven't wrote any of them down so I keep on forgetting what I'm supposed to do.

FI bought a Beef Roast this weekend that we forgot to thaw over night so I'm scared it won't be ready for dinner tonight : (. I still need to buy veggies for that...I'm so out of it today lol.
  • @southernpeach89 - sometimes I'll put a big chunk of meat in a ziploc bag and let it sit in lukewarm water (in the fridge while I'm at work, and then on the counter)...  for best roast beef results, it should be completely thawed and allowed to sit on the counter to come to room temp for 45-60 minutes before cooking.  I've had some bad roast beef experiences before.  ;)
  • I don't have too much to complain about this Monday, seeing as I got to sleep until 8:30 and then enjoy coffee in bed with BF. On the downside, I just found out I need to babysit from 12-7pm today since the kid has a 1/2 day of school. On the bright side, she has therapy from 4:30-5:15, so I'll get a little time to read/chill out.

BF also just found out he doesn't have to go into the office today. He's done working at 2pm, so it kind of sucks that I have to babysit today (I usually don't on Mondays). If it weren't for that, we'd have all afternoon to hang out and take the pup hiking or something.

This past weekend, I shipped out a sample invitation order to Australia, and got a few messages from a potential buyer about one of my designs. I'm hoping she orders soon! I really need to be working harder on this Etsy stuff, but it's hard with how much I'm babysitting lately. I'm in this strange place of not having a full time job, but working enough that I don't have a ton of free time for job hunting/Etsy shop development. 

I just realized that I get to meet @Swazzle and @Buddysmom80 in 5 days and I cannot wait!

Alright, those were enough scattered thoughts from me. I'll be back later while the kid is in her therapy session!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Last night was miserable. I snagged a toenail (yes, yes, TMI), in such a way that it ripped back while tripping over the cat. Unfortunately, I did something to a nerve in my toe such that every time it bumped anything (a sheet, a blanket, another toe, the cat), the pain shot me to the ceiling. I think I got about 2 hours of sleep, and that was with Neosporin on it all night. Miserable.
  • OMG that sounds painful @KeptinStitches !!!!
  • Nothing has gone wrong yet but I'm dreading teaching today. In fact I'm still sitting in bed (yes it's 11:30) even though I should be at work at 12:00 for my office hours. I need a break from school/work and more than 3 days at a time with BF. I've been in a really crabby mood for the past week or so.

• Uuuugh no no no I do not want work

I somehow slept for about 22 hours this weekend, and I'm EXHAUSTED today. Definitely getting sick, which is really bad because I'm immunosuppressed and only just recovered from a cold about 3 weeks ago. No thank you.

I got in at a reasonable hour today, but my PI wasn't around at all this morning. I'm stressed about showing him my results because I still can't get the protocol working properly. Meanwhile, I'm here till 7:30 or so, on a time point.

If ANYONE here has any experience doing Western blots, by the way, please give me advice on blocking. I changed my buffer and still am getting extra bands. ARGGG.

Class sucked. Class I was teaching, this kid would NOT stop talking to buddies or answering questions without being called on. Then I went to the class I'm taking, with the professor who's so inept that we only just found out TODAY when the first exam is. He had scheduled it for NEXT MONDAY and didn't tell us. This was the third time we asked when the exam would be. We successfully convinced him that a week wasn't enough notice, so it's going to be in two weeks instead. Ugh I hate this class.

Was very productive today, wedding-wise. Rescheduled a meeting with our probable DJ, emailed one of the potential photographers to pick a location for our meeting in two weeks, and got almost all the addresses for my guests for save-the-dates.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira PM me about the western blots!!
  • My Monday wasn't horrible.  I worked all morning and came home and spent the day on the couch.  I took a nap and BF made pulled-chicken, potatoes, and broccoli for dinner.  Other than feeling slightly under the weather, everything went fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards