Wedding Reception Forum

Help needed!!! What would you choose between these two? (pics)

The first three pictures - reception at golf club - City, luxury, overlooking ocean...

The last three - private vineyard estate. Rustic, country, organic, outdoor, beautiful view, vast field, privacy...

I want the golf club and my fiancee want the second one. 

What do you prefer? Just want some opinions!! :)

Re: Help needed!!! What would you choose between these two? (pics)

• The first venue.  But a quick question, can you have an indoor reception at the second venue?  
  • The second venue is is outdoor only, but it is California summer time so we are not so worried about the weather.
  • Just wondering, as I'm not really that familiar with Cali weather...will it be rather hot to have the whole thing outside in the summer?  I love the whole outdoor wedding idea, but for my own preference I don't think I could have the whole event outside during the summer.  I guess that would be my main thought when choosing.  They both are awesome venues...I doubt you would have many regrets with either! 
  • Even though California is known for their amazing weather, I know with my luck that it would be the one time that it rained its ass off all day so for that reason I would choose the first venue so to be safe from any kind of weather.

As for the first venue, would it be possible to have an outdoor ceremony (with a indoor back up just in case of course)?

• I like the golf club better but that's a matter of personal preference.  Not having an indoor/ tented option at the vineyard would be the deciding factor for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My vote goes for the Golf Club Reception. Those two pics you posted look real nice for a reception. 
  • I would say golf course just because CA can be extremely hot during the summer and with no tent or way to cool down might be uncomfortable.  btw what venues are these and where in cali
  • the second venue if there's an option of tent or inside ceremony - i know u said California but what if it rains on your wedding day. I chose an outside ceremony for my wedding but made sure that the venue has the option of moving the ceremony inside in case of bad weather.
    But the first venue is also very nice. So whichever you guys decide to go with, it will be a beautiful wedding.
    Good luck!
  • I'd go with the golf club, but that's just my style, more sophisticated, less rustic. And I'd rather do everything indoors, as I'm not a huge fan of the outdoors. Even if you did the winery, you'd still have to have a backup plan in case of rain. It's just irresponsible not to.
  • Depends on what you prefer for the day. After planning a wedding, I would choose the second option. It is relaxed, fun and romantic. But with golf course chances are everything is included with venue quotation and will probably be cheaper and less hassle than the vineyard.
  • I vote for the first, especially if there is an option for an indoor ceremony just in case. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• If the Vineyard had an indoor option in case in inclement weather, I'd be all over it simply because it's more my style and I value privacy for events like a wedding. 

However, I know you say the chances are low of bad weather. Probably true. But the key word is chance. As you get closer to your date, things left up to chance are going to give you big time anxiety and if you DO have bad weather... what then? I'd book the golf course venue simply because you have a plan B built in (even though I like the Vineyard better).
    *********************************************************************************

• Thank you Thank you! I am doing the contract with the golf club house. 
  • Where in California?  It's a very big state with different weather in different places.

• OP, Where in California? Southern California is WAY too hot for an outdoor reception since we have triple digits June and July but if you're in Northern California then you might be ok with the second choice.

Both of those are beautiful venues. what are they called?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards