Not Engaged Yet

How's everybody's Tuesdays?

Hopefully your day is much better than a lot of the horrible Mondays! I'm actually enjoying this morning. Beside my internet at my apartment being screwed up, I'm off to court again this morning, it seems strange to call my boy FI and the rest of the week is extremely busy! Headed down to FI's tomorrow after work to spend the night. Helping out with a Halloween event for kids on Thursday (safe Halloween. We're manning tables and they come around). And then on Friday, working a half day and headed to Vermont. A lot of packing ahead of me....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How's everybody's Tuesdays?

• My Tuesday is ok. Work is already a little busier than it was yesterday which is good. Today is the 1 year anniversary of when Sandy hit so I was browsing through my TimeHop app and re-reading my tweets and FB statuses. It was a scary, scary couple of days and I'm so glad we haven't had any bad storms this year.

There's going to be a Friday the 13th marathon on in about 15 minutes so that'll help keep me occupied for the rest of the day (thank god I can watch TV at work). 

Tonight, I'm going to eat dinner and watch last night's episode of 'The Blacklist' and then H and I are going to the Devils game. 

• I am crazy-tired today.  that's about it!
  • buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013

Today has been good so far. I worked out for two hours last night and I'm not as sore as I thought I would be so I'll be back at it tonight for an hour. I have a lot of stress I need to shake off right now...

This morning I was going through Twitter which I never really do and found out a friend that I grew up with was basically shitting on my positive attitude, so I feel bad like my positive attitude isn't positive for everyone if you kwim? Anyway, I'm not changing my attitude because of one Debbie Downer.

I'm making a new recipe tonight which I can't wait to try, I'll be thinking about it all during Zumba. I hate eating dinner so late (I get home at 8:40 tonight) but last night I did the same thing. I came home, logged my workouts, ate dinner, took an Ibuprofen, a shower and went to bed.

I'm back in my dungeon office at work which is wonderful since I need to compile my grocery shopping list for Friday. At some point I have to buy Halloween candy and do some more decorating. I LOVE HALLOWEEN! Last year our Halloween was postponed due to Sandy, then the day it was postponed we had a snow storm so I was not a happy camper.

ETA: I just want to put it out there that I'm counting down the HOURS until I'm in NYC drinking margaritas with @hummingbird125 and @swazzle on Saturday.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Today is going to be really busy since yesterday I was kind of loopy after my crazy weekend. So I really need to go to the grocery store to pick up all the ingredients for the rest of the week. The bill shouldn't be as expensive thankfully as last week. Then I'm heading over to my parent's house to work on some wedding stuff, I'm almost done with my table numbers and the mason jars. After that I need to get stated on my chalkboards which I'm really nervous about because my handwriting is ok...just not really great.

Yesterday I started writing my thank you notes to my bridesmaids and wedding party and I still need to finish my thank you notes from the bachelorette party last weekend. My sister threw me a surprise lingerie party : ) I also need to wrap some gifts. Lots to do today.
  • I may or may not be going BSC...that's all.

• @buddysmom80 - Do we follow each other on Twitter? Screw that chick for being a lameass. Can I have the recipe for firecracker chicken?

• I have spent all morning looking up Maryland urban legends on the internet thanks to the other thread on here, lol. So far they are all DUMB. So I will be giving up on that, taking a shower and getting all prettied up for the day, and then getting on some studying.
  • um, @LivLeighton, what time do you get off work??
  • Ok so far I am home from work studying. I have my first exam tomorrow!! I'm being positive in thinking I'm going to pass but I'm nervous about the test too.

Anniversary

• Good luck, @peaseblossom55! You have been studying HARD, and I'm sure it will pay off!
  • @LivLeighton - Goodness! I'm exhausted just reading about your day. I don't know how you do it. 

@Peaseblossom55 - Good luck tomorrow!

• @peaseblossom55 good luck tomorrow!

@swazzle my Twitter handle is my IRL name, so I'm realllllly hard to find hahaha. Here's the receipe since BF printed it out for me:

Firecracker Chicken

1/4C canola oil

4 bonless skinless chicken breats

salt and pepper

1C cornstarch

2 eggs beaten

Sauce:

1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot

1 1/24 packed light brown sugar

1 T water

2 t apple cider vinegar

1/2 t salt

1/4 t red pepper flakes

1) preheat over to 325 degrees. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.

2) Place cornstarch in gallon bag and beat eggs in a bowl. Put chicken in bag with cornstarch and shake to coat chicken, remove from bag and coat in egg mixture.

3) Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until chicken is browned. Place chicken in 9 X 13 greased baking dish

4) In a bow mix Frank's, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, water, salt and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle @buddysmom80 @amapola14 Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need all the vibes/wishes and prayers I can get!

Anniversary

• @buddysmom80 - That sounds delish! I love anything with Frank's.

• The firecracker chicken sounds amazing. I will be making that soon.
  • Swazzle said:
    @buddysmom80 - That sounds delish! I love anything with Frank's.
    That's why BF picked it: "you'll eat anything with Frank's on it." Damn straight I will!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • It's early, but so far today is okay ... had a meeting already this morning and BF gave me a heart attack unlocking my door before I was awake, which drove my adrenaline through the roof.
  • Today is great so far! I slept until almost 10 (oops), and got up and made some coffee. Now I'm working on something for the kid-I-babysit-for's dad (he wants me to design/print a business announcement for his company). I'm a little stressed about it because while I know he's trying to do me a favor and give me a shot at something, this is NOT what I planned/prepared to do, and he's not giving me nearly enough information to know exactly what he's looking for. Blegh.

I'm also going to be printing/photographing a new invitation suite design, so hopefully I can post a few new listings tonight. After BF gets home from work, we are going to the GYM (we haven't been in about 2 months). I'm not looking forward to it. Then, I'm babysitting 8-10pm tonight and bringing the pup along at the kid's request.

@buddysmom80 - I am also counting the hours! Cannot wait to meet you guys and drink our asses off @ brunch :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageI have a Thirty-One party to go to tonight!!! I'm just ready for work to be over so I can go!
    Anniversary

• I was VERY grumpy yesterday. I'm pretty frustrated at work right now...but I'll get over it.

Today is much better. I'm getting excited because my mom is flying in on Thursday!

• @lmhollister - I should probably know this... but are you dating someone? BSC is no fun, either way.

My Tuesday is fine, except I want to eat everything in sight. Which is basically halloween candy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• just realized today is our 3-year proposal-iversary!  I'd better get a brownie or something, or H is in BIG TROUBLE.  ;)
  • I have to give part of the lecture today (I usually just teach the smaller lab class). I hate public speaking and I kind of feel like I'm going to puke.

But I don't have class tonight so yay for having a night off! My co-workers (who are also my classmates) and I are going out for dinner tonight and it should be a fun time :)

• @buddysmom80 that sounds amaze, like you probably should have made it for us last weekend.....

• @csousa1 if it's delicious, it's on the menu for the next G2G just don't spill it on any puppies! ;p

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @cu97tiger Yeah...I found out a secret I wasn't supposed to know over the weekend. BF has the ring and I'm just super about to explode happy. I'm doing my best to refrain from pinning all the things on Pinterest.

• @lmhollister - That's so exciting!! Luckily the time between when I knew DH had picked up my ring until he proposed was roughly one hour. However, some people have had to wait years...!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger Yeah obviously not an hour for me but he's told my family and shown them so I'm sure it will be sooner rather than later (months rather than years). I'm honestly not dwelling on it toooo much...I'm just so damn happy and I want to shout my excitement from the rooftops. :) When I found out the secret I screamed and jumped up and down like a little girl in public and then screamed again.

• Feeding the BSC - exciting, @lmhollister!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards