Connecticut

Review - Grassy Hill Country Club

My husband and I are so happy that we decided to have our wedding at Grassy Hill Country Club.  The planning process was flawless from start to finish.  

We worked closely with Elisa, who was very helpful and responsive to all of my questions and requests. Our original date was an off season date, but it was not available.  Grassy Hill offered to give us an earlier date with the off season prices so that we could have warmer weather for our outdoor ceremony!   I also liked the fact that we got 3 separate spaces for our event.  We had the gazebo for the ceremony, a indoor/outdoor cocktail room and a reception room.  This was a great way to keep our guests moving.  We didn't like how they were stuck in one room the whole night at other venues we had looked at.

Visiting the venue with vendors and family was so easy.  They were always available and welcoming. 

On the rehearsal date, Elisa made sure I had all of the little details covered (bathroom baskets, toasting glasses, etc).  She ran the entire rehearsal and got everyone organized.

I arrived 2 hours early on the day of the wedding.  Almost everything was already set up and ready to go.  I was able to wander around and take pictures of everything before going down to the bridal suite.  The bride suite is gorgeously decorated and has a personal bathroom.  For an extra fee, we ordered drinks, cheese and crackers and fruit to bride suite prior to the ceremony.  All were brought to us by our personal assistant.

The ceremony was outside at the gazebo which was beautiful in it's own right and surrounded by fall flowers.  I didn't even have to bring my own décor!

During our photo session, we and our wedding party were able to order drinks, which were brought out to us.  When my hubby and I went off with the photographer for our couple shots, our personal assistant followed us the entire time in case we needed anything.  This service continued throughout the night.  There was always a staff member congratulating us and asking us if we needed anything.

At the end of the night, they helped us pack up all of our centerpiece, candles, etc and bring them out to my parent's car.

Did I mention that the entire venue was redone about 5 years ago in beautiful rich colors. Deep purple, burgandy and gold  make the entire venue feel romantic.

We would highly recommend Grassy Hill Country Club to any couple looking for a wedding venue!

Jessica & Patrick

Re: Review - Grassy Hill Country Club

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards