40-Plus Brides
Options

Drama...eloping instead

So after this weekend, FH and I have decided to elope.  Maybe I will have a reception to involve our friends/family but seriously, after the drama that FHs oldest keeps creating, issues with some of mine, friends begging to be in my wedding, his friends being butts about it..... we have decided this day is for US and noone else.  We are getting married.  We want to spend the rest of our lives together.  Grow old together.  If all we are going to have is stress in regards to our wedding, then to heck with everyone.  We will run off to Vegas and get married just the 2 of us.  I will still be planning the trip over and probably get a dress, but won't have all the other details.  We had 3 hours of discussion this weekend about if we should move forward or not.  If we are creating the problems or not.  And all we see is everyone jockeying for "position" in our wedding.  No wedding...no fighting.  We love each other and can't fathom life without each other.  We met over 25 yrs ago and went our separate ways and regretted it back then, we are not making that mistake again.

UGH.... Once we decided to elope, so much stress came off of our shoulders.  No choosing BM or GM and someone getting upset, kids fighting over what position they get in the wedding, parents wanting this or that, etc.  Seriously, this is our best decision because we are no longer stressed!  :0)  I am so at peace with this decision.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Drama...eloping instead

• Options
    Oh, and we don't know if we are keeping the wedding date we chose or if we are going to do it a different day/month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good for you! Enjoy your special day.
  • Options
    Great attitude about it being about the 2 of your & starting your life together.   So happy you are relaxed.  Enjoy not planning!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good for you. 
  • Options
    We semi-eloped because of the same thing! My MIL was beyond obnoxious with her demands and SIL threw a fit because I didn't ask her to be in the wedding...I just couldn't take it. We decided to have a court house ceremony but still invited our families. I knew I couldn't have that day without my parents and grandparents. Point is I was beyond happy with our special day. All the stress of planning disappeared so we were actually looking forward to it instead of dreading the drama. And we took off to Hawaii the next day-something we couldn't have afforded had we paid for the original wedding!
  • Options
    Hawaii.... AWESOME!  What a neat idea.  I didn't even think about the money you would save being used towards a trip!  DUH!  LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards