Chit Chat
Options

100% chance of rain

Yesterday was just gorgeous!  Freaking gorgeous.  PERFECT Trick or Treating weather.  Today?  100% chance of rain during ToTing hours as well as the rest of the day, with 20+ mph wind.  This is the year I promised the 6 g'kids I would come down and go out with them.

Of course, this is also the year the oldest DGS, who is now in middle school, is going out with his friends and not his siblings.  DD told him, "Nana is coming down to go out with you guys."  His response?  "Oh, tell Nana I said hi."  Hi?  Ah, a new phase in the relationship with the g'kids.  I know this is perfectly normal, but it seems to have come very quickly and I'm not liking it.  Tell Nana I said hi........ I'll show you "hi", Chopper.

I just sent a text to both DDs asking them what the kids would think if Nana bought a boatload of candy for them and we just had a little party at the house with homemade hot choc and cookies.  C'mon little ones, please take the bait.

What is everyone else doing for Halloween?  Party?  Handing out candy?  We live in a rural area now so DS can't hand out candy anymore.  He has a Darth Vader mask and cape so he would dress up and pass out candy with explicit (and unappreciated) instructions not to scare the crap out of the little kids.  No trick or treaters means no leftover candy for him.

Tell Nana I said hi - that is just BS.

Re: 100% chance of rain

• Options
    Someday the oldest will realize just how precious relationships with grandparents will be, I promise :) 
  • Options
    Aww, thanks.  I know he isn't "really" blowing me off and I know he loves me.  I just wasn't quite ready for that middle school stage in his life where he starts building a bigger social life and does things with his friends instead of just family.  Dang, I swear it was just yesterday that DD brought him home from the hospital!  I do know how geeky that sounds, but hey, it's true.
  • Options
    @kmmssg if it makes you feel better, Today is my grandmother's birthday and I cant't spend it with her..why? because she is blowing me off...in Puerto Vallarta!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Someday the oldest will realize just how precious relationships with grandparents will be, I promise :) 
    So true! I totally blew off my grandma when I was around that age. But once I got older, I realized how lucky I was to have in her my life. She's 91 and I take her out to dinner every other week. 

I'll be staying home to hand out candy (we have no kids). Hopefully we'll get at least a few TOTers. 
  • Options
    A coworker complains all the time about her teenage grandson (same age as my oldest nephews) who only seeks her out now when he needs money.  My nephews call me when they need money, a ride somewhere or are hungry (which, by the way, is always and they eat a TON of food).  Growing boys.

He'll miss you, eventually.  ;)

We have great weather here today.  Our community is having a kids and dog's parade with pizza and prizes then ToTing.  The little nephew and niece still want me to take them ToTing.  Don't know what the older ones are up to, though.  They haven't called for food.
  • Options
    @kmmssg if it makes you feel better, Today is my grandmother's birthday and I cant't spend it with her..why? because she is blowing me off...in Puerto Vallarta!
    Well, that's what I will have to do to get even with that little bugger!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @kmmssg - same here. Yesterday was a sparkly fall day. Today is cool and drizzly. And just to rub it in, tomorrow is going to be dry, sunny and unseasonably (70) warm in CT. Lucky for me, I hate Halloween. My dogs don't appreciate the little goblins ringing our doorbell, so 'Thank You, Mother Nature.'

^^This is me on Halloween^^

Edit - stupid spelling mistake

• Options
    Mairepoppy, that cracked me up. 3 of the girls wanted to go out and lasted for half an hour. Several bags of candy "might" have arrived in Nana's car so all was well and we had a lot of fun.
  • Options
    Good Nana! 

My oldest son is just like me. He never thought it made sense to give our good stuff away and take our chances on what the neighbors might offer.  So the two of us were home alone, sitting in the dark, watching TV and eating our favorite assortment of full sized candy bars. We call it 'Lights Out Night.' 

• Options
    Good Nana! 

My oldest son is just like me. He never thought it made sense to give our good stuff away and take our chances on what the neighbors might offer.  So the two of us were home alone, sitting in the dark, watching TV and eating our favorite assortment of full sized candy bars. We call it 'Lights Out Night.' 

I love it!
  • Options
    Our communities ToTing was rescheduled till Saturday! Yesterday was gross. Ugh. Today was lovely and tomorrow is supposed to rain. I hope people are on board to Saturday ToTing and answer their doors. My kids we so bummed yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards