African American Weddings

Bridesmaid Gifts

what are you getting your party for gifts? 
i have 7 in total
i need some ideas 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts

• I want to get them some kind of matching jewelry, earrings & necklaces. But that depends on if I can find something that is resonable since I'd need 5 of them but not cheap looking. I've seen something nice things on etsy.
  • I have been trolling Etsy
    i am still trolling some ideas around in my head 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I brought my girls clutches to be used in lieu of bouquets. I am also buying them small individuals gifts based on their individual likes. For example, one of my BM love Mickey Mouse so I am getting her some ear buds, iphone case and charger with Mickey one it. Another BM loves to cook so I am getting her an apron, bakers hat, and measuring cups and spoons. Just small stuff I know they will like. I also made them T-shirts with a picture of me and them on it. I will place all gifts in cloth bags I found at Micheal's and ironed on their initials.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im looking into getting them personalized wine glasses as well as the purse hook for when you go out somewhere and you hook it on the table with their initals on it and a Tshirt...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• I am getting them bathrobes, perfurme(gucci, versace, bvlgari, jimmy choo, dolce&gabana) and I am getting them each a hanger. The bathrobes will be for getting ready pictures but they will not be monogrammed or anything like that. I will also be getting them their day of jewelry which is TBD. 

Hanger 

• cideficidefi member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    Ok my surprise gift to my BM's is their attire. I'm paying for their dresses, shoes, and jewelry. I have a dress budget for my dress, but found my dream dress for $200. So I decided that I take the extra money and do this. However them along with my JBM's, FG's and MO are each getting a goodie bag from me that will have their name on it with a gettin' ready robe and slippers. Some kind of slip on shoe for dancing at the reception, a picture of just me and them, and something personal.

The guys are getting personalized cufflinks, fitted ball caps of their favorite them with a message sewn inside, and I'm still looking for other stuff.
  • I got my girls the personalize hangers with their names from etsy, I also got them the jewelry that they are going to wear during the wedding..and gift baskets with home made body scrub, lip gloss, homemade soap and loofa. (My sister in law... is super crafty and makes stuff like that all the time so she is making it so that I can give it to my girls.)

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • I got my girls:

The day of jewelry set
    Coach flip flops
    diy personalized wine glass
    coach wallet ( the ones that were really helpful got this)
    ETSY hanger
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Well.....I had kind of a hiccup with mine (3 including MOH).  The dress designer for my BM dresses charges extra for certain sizes.  I was not aware of this until it was time to order the dress back in June. I went ahead and pd the surcharge ($40 per girl) when I ordered and they agreed to pay me back, remind you, that was back in june and I have yet to be paid (when I'm owed money, I shouldn't have to ask you for it).  Fast-forward to a week and half ago, the seamstress is charging them $35.  I told them to go ahead and pay for alterations and don't worry about paying me...so bottom line is, they got their gifts! Ha!  Didn't mean to thread-jack, Vee!! LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • @MissusD1116.. I dont blame you date twin.. that is gift enought for them,

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • @LeciaB Before the issues, I thought about giving them coach wristlets (thanks to @M1ssJ!)  but they have not been the best BM's to be honest.  One JUST picked her dress up TWO days ago and the other 2 have just not been that much help to me.  Don't get me wrong, I know they are are not required to do anything other than show up wearing what you asked but dang! at least act like you wanna help! Ugh!  Im soo over it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • @missusd116 I feel you on that i only got the wristlets for the extra helpful ones.

I think a nice tote with a bed bath and beyond set inside is lovely
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I bought my ladies, silver heart monogrammed key chains, their wedding necklaces and tshirts blinged out that say bridesmaid. FI got the groomsmen silver monogrammed dog tags.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the ideas ladies Feel free to vent @missusd1116 I do understand
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not expecting any help from the WP, as all of them live out of town except my oldest daughter, sister, and long time bestie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards