May 2014 Weddings

Veils

How many brides are wearing a veil? The one I was originally going to buy was like $300 and I just can't justify that in my brain. A friend at work said that she borrowed hers from a friend. I am just not sure if I really want to bother with one. 

Just curious! 

Re: Veils

• I'm definitely wearing a veil. My aunt is making it for me. It's becoming less of must for brides, but I feel like, for me, that's going to be the thing that makes me a bride.

If you are even the least bit crafty, it's very easy to DIY. You can make a basic veil for less than $50. Also check etsy.
  • I'm wearing a veil. I bought the one that "matched" my dress and I way overpaid for it, but it was one of those things that I hadn't really thought about buying somewhere besides the bridal shop until after the fact. I know a lot of brides don't wear them, but this is really the only chance you get so I'm going with it. :)
  • When I first ordered my dress I tried on this gorgeous veil.  Turns out it was like 400 bucks.  I decided to hold off on ordering it.  I'm so glad I did!  My MOH offered for me to try out her veil.  It looks PERFECT with my dress!  I'm glad I didn't waste the 400 bucks and it covers my "something borrowed". 

I agree with @tammym1001 one and only time I'll get to wear one so I probably would have gotten a veil regardless. Hopefully for less than $400.  You could try Etsy or even DB.  They might have some more affordable options.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just looked at Etsy... I will buy one off of there! Didn't think of that until a post!!!! Love it :) 

Thank Ya'll 
  • ArtTeacher23ArtTeacher23 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    My mom had said I didn't d a veil (probly didn't want to spend the $400 on the very pretty one that matched my dress and really who would lol!) but I didn't feel like a bride until I put one on.  It really is the only time you get to wear something like that.  I'm going to be wearing my mom's veil which was just a bunch of tulle and she's going to add lace around the edge how I like (and it covers my something old too!).
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm not wearing a veil. That's one tradition I never really liked, or saw myself ever doing. I have a tiara that I am going to wear though.

• I've never been able to picture myself wearing a veil, but I also agree that it's the one day when I'll be able to, and I'm wondering if I should take advantage of that haha. However, I plan on having my hair in a ponytail (traditional pony, not a side pony), and I just can't picture a veil with that. I considered a birdcage style one for about a minute before deciding that it just wouldn't suit my style or the style of my dress.

• I'm still undecided.  I did try one on at the bridal store with my dress and it was just right and simple, and it was $20.  So if I do decide to have one, its no big deal to spend $20 on one lol.  I'm still leaning towards having my hair in long curls (my hair is long and reaches to my lower back) and then pinned back from my face, almost half up and then having flowers put in my hair in the curls and stuff.  I can still do that with the veil, but I just don't know if I'm really into having one.  So that is my undecided story! lol
    Anniversary
  • I'm pretty certain that I'm not having a veil. It's something that I can't see spending the money on, however, like the other girls said, it's the one day you can wear one. I think I'm going to be having the one side of my hair pinned back with a flower. 

• I am definitely doing the veil!! When else will I have the chance to weir one?? I really want to do the long cathedral veil with sparkle on it that I tried on at DB. I do not want to do the blusher like back in the day, but I definitely wanted to be able to wear the cathedral veil. 
  • No veil for me. 
  • I'm going with a cathedral veil.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wearing my grandmothers one layer veil, my dress has a lot of beading and design on the back and i didnt want to cover it up too much.i want everyone to be able to see it,and itll be my something old
  • Birdcage veil.

• @ShellLillian ditto- i love birdcage veils.  i always lean toward vintage things and we're having our ceremony outside (assuming it doesn't rain) and the thought of a big veil flying around in the wind was a major no no.
  • So yesterday, my FMIL and I went and picked up my dress.  I looked at veils again, and to my surprise, I found one I really liked, and it matched my dress almost perfectly!  It was almost $200 bucks though!  So I was hemming and hawing over it, and my FMIL loved it, and I really loved it, so she purchased it for me.  I'm really glad I went for one, cause I feel like it completes the whole look, and I know a few of you said that this is really the only time in your life where you get to wear one of those.  So anyways, that is my veil update! lol :)
    Anniversary
  • It's beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Kristen625 Omg I loooooooove it! I'm SO glad you decided to go for it!

• @Kristen625 beautiful veil!

I will be wearing a veil. When I bought my dress I tried it on with a veil that had crystals along the edge, and it looked amazing with my dress. The hunt is on to find a similar veil for cheaper!
    Anniversary
  • Thanks ladies!  I totally love it too :)
    Anniversary
  • That is awesome @Kristen625. I agree I am glad you chose to wear one!! Again, when do we get to wear a veil any other time!!! :-) 
  • @tnt082013 I totally agree, I'm really happy with my choice, and it is truly the only acceptable time we get to wear one :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards