Chit Chat
Options

Happy Halloween

doeydodoeydo member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited October 2013 in Chit Chat
I procrastinated on planning a costume this year so this morning I decided to put on some workout gear and be a fitness-nut.  Are you dressed up as anything?  If you have kids, what are they?  
I plan on watching some old Child's Play movies tonight and eating some chocolate that "we bought to give out".  We live in an apartment building, I doubt we'll get any kids.  What are your plans for tonight?  
Edit to fix typo

Re: Happy Halloween

• Options
    I'll be working tonight :( but I'm going to work dressed as Hermione from Harry Potter. I bought a Gryffindor t-shirt from WalMart and I let my hair dry on its own which results in a frizzy mess.

We have the big Halloween celebration Saturday night downtown. I have another costume for that which isn't quite so work-appropriate. Can't wait!
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TorT'ing with my 6 grandkids.  100% chance of rain, 17 mph winds.  I'm thinking of dressing like an Eskimo for self preservation.
  • Options
    I'm dressed as Daria. I don't think we're doing anything tonight besides playing video games. No ToT's we're a half mile off the main road surroned by fields.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Today I'm an office appropriate cowgirl. Yesterday we dressed up for the US women's soccer game. I wore my rehearsal dinner dress (that I thought I'd never have a use for again) and was the statue of liberty... 
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Yesterday I wore bunny ears to work.  Might put them back on for the kids if we get any trick or treaters.  Last year we were in an apartment complex and had one kid come by...while I was still at work.  I want to see cute kids in costumes people!  My dogs will be a skunk and dog-cula.
  • Options
    my husband and I dressed up at work, as did our co workers.  We originally were going to do the mad hatter and alice, but procrastinated too long and were so tired this week we knew we did not want to wake up early to do his make up.... so last night scrambled for new costumes, and we came up with:

he is the V for Vendetta guy and I am some weird "fire bird."  best I could find that kept me covered, lol.

we will pass out candy tonight; we maybe get 50 kids or so on our street. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
     My husband & I threw a Halloween party this past weekend. (Our group of friends take turns to throw parties throughout the year). So this year, it was our turn for Halloween! We decked out the house, and the Halloween inspired food, and dressed up in our 'couples costumes.' (We're cheesy like that-but not in the 'want to puke' kind of way). He went in his hunting clothes, (camo & bright orange), and I was the "sexy" moose. It was a super fun night!

As for today, I went as batwoman to work, & gave out candy/chips when we got home. We got 124 kids this year, which is a lot more than we usually get! The weather was decent though, so I'm assuming that likely had something to do with it. A lot of Halloween nights it's freezing, & kids are wearing snowsuits under their costumes. We basically ran out of candy by the end of it, & I was giving out mini bags of Oreos, that we had in the cupboard! Whatever works, right? 

*J
  • Options
    I went to work as Sue Sylvester from Glee, since I teach PE and I coach cheer.  I ran around the school with the megaphone all day and said to my Principal that he must be the new Janitor.  My AP almost peed her pants laughing.  He didn't get it.  :D  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards