Louisiana-New Orleans

Pigeon / BOT

Hello!  I am working on the menu for my January wedding at the BOT.  Does anyone have any suggestions for things that were amazing or things that were underwhelming?   Thanks! 

Re: Pigeon / BOT

• I was recently married at BOT. Everything was great. The coconut shrimp was a huge hit! During my tasting the roast was delicious but I must admit, It was tough and hard to eat at the wedding. Other than that pretty much everything on the menu was great
  • mini muffalettas were a huge hit at my BOT wedding.
  • We just used Pigeon at Basin St. Station on Friday for our wedding, and there was literally nothing that people didn't love, but in particular, people absolutely RAVED about the fried artichoke with white remoulade dip, the freaking AWESOME crawfish cakes with spicy Zipp (sp?) sauce, the buffalo oysters, the trio of savory cheesecakes (I had the blue cheese, the italian one with roasted red peppers, and the cajun one with tasso), the boudin stuffed pork loin (which no one had ever tried before), and the cajun fried turkey (dijon-mayo dip stuff they had for it was UN-believable).  I didn't even get to try the cheesecakes- people went back for seconds and thirds and they were wiped out so quick I never got as single bite in my own mouth.  My buffet, which was pretty lavish, was decimated by the end of our reception.  The display was SO PRETTY!  I think it would be hard to go wrong with them.  They were truly amazing.  Zero complaints from this chick.
    -We've jointly decided to medicate any future marital discord with food.-
  • I will add one more thing: if I was hard-pressed, I'd say the thing that underwhelmed me the most was the Crawfish Gerard.  It was a simple crawfish alfredo with penne pasta, and at our tasting it was very, very bland.  We asked them to spice it up.  Well, when I put it in my mouth at the reception I was SHOCKED at how spicy it was.  It wasn't BAD, but it was a bit too hot for most people to enjoy, and we are from Louisiana and used to spicy food.  In retrospect, I'd have probably gone with some other type of pasta, like the pasta action station choices.  

Also, I was not a fan of the shrimp and grits at the tasting.  It had a sweetness I couldn't place.  I think this was an issue with the sauce, and not the grits, so again, the grits action station where you make your own grits would likely be DELICIOUS (with the grillades and so on), since you would be putting other flavors in there.
    -We've jointly decided to medicate any future marital discord with food.-
  • Thank you!  It's so great to hear such amazing things!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards