Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

When to book Hair/Makeup appointments?

How long before the wedding should you (or did you) book hair & makeup appointments?  2 months? 6 months?  I've seen very conflicting recommendations on this.

Re: When to book Hair/Makeup appointments?

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2013
    Depends on the popularity (and hours) of your salon.

6 months is usually fine. But, if you'll need to get in early before business hours...the more notice the better.

ETA: Also check if your wedding date corresponds with local high schools' prom, homecoming dance, etc.
  • It depends on the demand/availability of what you're hoping for. 

But if you're hoping for a popular salon or have a huge wedding party that will need a ton of appointments, earlier is better. 
  • I booked 8 months before my wedding because my wedding is on a Saturday and during prom season. Salons are always busy on Saturdays so you may have a hard time getting an appointment if you wait to close to the wedding. 
  • Thanks everyone!  I'm about 7.5 months away from my wedding, so I guess I'll go ahead and get started on booking somewhere.

• Makeup artists near me require a deposit to hold a date.  I wasn't going to leave a deposit until I had a trial and knew I wanted to book them.  So I did my trials quickly (thank goodness, I hated the first trial and had to find someone new!) and then booked.  Good makeup artists book quickly around here.  Same deal with hair stylist.  Why put it off?
  • Unfortunately I'm getting married about 1000 from where I live and have no opportunity to go there until week before wedding. So I'm going to be doing trial a day or two before wedding to make sure they know what I want and get it right. But from what I've seen of their work, it's in line with what I want so I'm not too worried.

• I booked my hair/makeup last month for an end of May wedding, and my trial is scheduled as well, for about a 1 1/2 months before the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards