Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Hot Metal Studio photography

Hi ladies!  I have recently been looking at different photographers in the area and fell in love with Hot Metal Studio.  Unfortunately, they are a bit out of my price range.  I really like their style and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to another photographer with a similar style that isn't too expensive?  If you aren't familiar with Hot Metal Studio photographers their link is www.hotmetalstudio.com. Thank you!

Re: Hot Metal Studio photography

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I completely understand your pain. They did my FI's cousin's wedding and I fell in LOVE with their work. I was going suck it and pay much more than I wanted but when I emailed them they were booked :(
  • Options
    Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They do have nice work....what price range are you looking to stay around?

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Michael Will Photography has a similar look. Hot Metal actually shot his wedding - he's a husband/wife pair. Prices are reasonable and he's great! We ended up going with Birchtree Photography because we wanted a professional album as well. And we liked Mary's work just a little bit more :)  Good luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Missy5580- That sucks they were booked!  Did you decide on another photographer yet?

@Janiceb2010- I'm thinking about $1,000 but would play around with that a bit.  I feel that is really cheap compared to prices I am looking for other photographers  but my fiance and I really don't want much..just a digital copy of images. 

@natnicholas- I actually looked at Michael Will too!  His wedding was the reason I discovered Hot Metal Studio!  I was trying to look up pictures of the Succop Conservancy and found his wedding pics!  He is out of my price range though too unfortunately!
  • Options
    Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to recommend Lizzie at Sewickley Photography, but her packages start at $1,800. 
    Sorry I didn't have more for ya'.

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sheena I did decide on someone else. Originally, the girl from Hotmetal Studios referred me to one of their friends. Then I went with Aaron Varga photography. He is starting out so I got an amazing price. Plus he had a good portfolio and he has a similiar style
    If you have more questions, PM
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    outofideas - don't push a single vendor in ALL your posts.  It makes you look like... a vendor.  And they aren't allowed/will be reported.

OP - 1000 is a pretty hard photography budget to work with in the burgh in general, let alone try to find someone close to the style of a more established pro photographer.  You might have to up your budget or be flexible on style.

Im copy/pasting a list I made for someone else of photographers close to $1000... maybe one of them has a style you like - hope it helps

pros close to your price range:

ElleBee starts at 1200

Matthew Blassey was at 1250 when I inquired

Caroline moore starts at 1200

Beth Insalaco started at $850 for 4hrs coverage when I inquired

• Options
    outofideasoutofideas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mdphd -  sorry, did not mean to push anything.  i am new to the forum and did not realize there was something wrong with sharing this type of info on a community page, given that this is what you ask for and that majority recommends something/someone. i was just trying to be helpful. 
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no worries, just when you are new and your only posts are about one vendor its looks suspicious, you know?

hope you stick around post often, and not just about your photographer! We like hearing about themes, colors, ideas, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved Hot Metal Studio photography too but they weren't available for my date + they were pricier than I would have liked.  I actutally just booked Aaron Varga too - aaronvargaphotography.com.  I found him through a Facebook ad!  I met with him and liked him and he's been nothing but prompt so far.  I thought his photo style was really great and it looks like he's been the second shooter for other popular Pittsburgh photographers who charge a lot more than he does. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @pghjulybride- You booked Aaron Varga too!! That's awesome. That's who we are going with, I feel like he's a steal!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Missy5580: Yes I am so excited!  He is a steal.  I can't wait to see your pictures on his site since you're getting married in 2 months I see!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards