Knottie Tech Help

Shortening quotes "expand quoted section"

So in some threads, there gets to be a huge chain of quote boxes with ten or twelve quote boxes all stacked up into a huge long post.  I've noticed a few of these have a much shortened stack of quotes with a link saying something to the effect of "expand quoted material."  How do you do this?

Thanks!

Re: Shortening quotes "expand quoted section"

• Hi there! This is the first I am hearing of this. Can you post an example?
  • I can't find one right now, otherwise I'd post a screenshot.  I'll keep looking out for one over the next few days.
  • I just delete the quotes that I don't want before posting. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieL73 said:
    I just delete the quotes that I don't want before posting. 

I know you can do that and I usually do do that.  I just specifically remember seeing a post where you could choose to expand all the quotes and see them all.  I think that would be helpful for someone who hasn't kept up with the whole thread and doesn't want to go back and read everything, or someone who hasn't read the thread for awhile and doesn't want to re-read the whole thing to catch up.
  • I think its actually in your settings. 
    Anniversary
  • I think its actually in your settings. 
    You're right!!  I looked and I can have it start "Folding quote trees" after 1 or 2 up to 5 levels deep.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards