Washington-Seattle
Options

Sticker Shock...

I can't believe how expensive things are!!! My fiance and I are having to pay for everything ourselves and want to keep it cheap. It amazes me how expensive things have gotten! After looking at caterers we decided to try to do the food ourselves (with a little help from family). Then I found the perfect venue. A little more expensive than I was hoping but we would make it work... only to find out you have to use a caterer from a SMALL list they provide (5 caterers), and of course they cost about as much as the venue for as many people on our guest list!!!! Just over $3000 for venue and about $3000 for the caterer! 

So I was back on the hunt. I found another venue that was super cheap ($100 per hour!). I emailed them asking for more information only to get an extremely rude response back pushing us to reserve our date FIRST then talk about the details. Um... am I the only one who would like to know more about the venue rather than blindly hoping it works?? Anyway...

Does anyone know of a venue that you can bring your own food, is cheap, can accomidate a guest list of 150, and allows alcohol? We have reduced our guest list already and can't really make any more cuts. The people we have invited are family and very close friends (we both have HUGE families haha).

Re: Sticker Shock...

• Options
    Well, I can share our venue, but its not super cheap, but you can self cater and bring in alcohol...PM me if you want some details.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I highly recommend using a a facility from the parks department - either from a city or king county, there are tons of options and all allow for as much or as little as you want to do.  We are on a tight budget as well and saved a ton by using the Golden Gardens Bathhouse in Ballard through the Seattle Parks Departments.  We are also using a food truck which is way cheaper and offers fresh food for guests.  Many of the food trucks will also cater in your event so don't be put off by the idea.  They will do sit down, buffet, or at the truck.  If you want more info, feel free to message me.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    The last issue of Seattle Bride Magazine had a resource section at the back that broke all of it down including which locations allowed you to self cater and i think the price range you'll be looking at.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards